Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #1  

Red face Anyone else have a "free" day?

Hello, everyone! I am new here. This site is great from what I've seen!
I've been doing WW for about 11 weeks now and have lost 11 pounds with 15 more to go. I'm giving Core another try after quitting it last time because I didn't lose in my first week. I think it can work if I give it a fair chance this time.
I was wondering if anyone else out there allows themselves a "free" day once a week or once a month? I'm thinking of trying it so that I don't feel so deprived and risk just quitting altogether because I miss pizza or chocolate chip cookies! It seems like staying OP for 6 of 7 days would still be effective, especially if I don't go totally crazy on my free day!! Any thoughts or opinions from those of you more experienced?
Thanks!
God Bless!
Britte
Old 04-18-2005, 09:48 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hmm ... well, I think a free day every week or so, as long as it wasn't a total blow-out, would be okay. It's sort of a "reloading" thing -- I've heard other plans talk about it. It might shake up your metabolism a little to eat more.

And as for not losing in the first week, some don't. If you don't have a whole lot to lose, it might start a little slower for you. It sounds like you've done well so far!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:08 PM   #3  
Melissa

Hi there. I have only been on Core for 3 weeks, so I am no expert, but adding my two cents.
I think that whether or not you take a "free day" all depends on how much weight you have to lose and how fast you want to lose it. I have been "cheating" on the weekends (not on purpose necessarily) because I have no willpower. But I have still lost 5 pounds in the 2 weeks because I am trying to be really good during the week. I guess it really depends on your body and what you are trying to accomplish. I want to stop cheating so I can reach my mini-goal next month. We'll see.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:14 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

I don't give myself "free" days. I'll be saving that for lifetime status! I've lost 34.8 but still have 115 pounds to lose. I lose slowly, 1.25 average per week (almost 49 and perimenopausal) so I've no desire to slow myself down any more than my body does anyway. I've been at this since September of 2004. I'm hoping to reach my goal by September of 2007. I've been trying to tell myself that Core is how I eat now. I'm trying not to have the mentality that this is something that I do and stop. I cannot go back to my old way of eating. So, I think it's up to you. Once in a while I think it wouldn't hurt but that's what you have your 35 WPA's for, right!

Good Luck.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I would not generally have a "free" day altho on the weekends (I get my new allotment of 35 points on sat morning) I do indulge in a few extras, esp if we are going out.

I am very careful with the eating of "bad" carbs so for me I would not go nuts w/cookies or chocolate or pizza - I try to avoid white flour products and sugar as they really make me go crazy and encourage binging. If this is not a problem for you, and you are not in a rush to lose the weight then go ahead. I would be concerned for myself that a free day would lead to a free week...which would lead to a free month - well you get the picture!

Good luck!

Frouf
Old 04-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #6  

When I was doing Flex, I'd allow myself a "free" meal right after weigh in. Of course, usually it was a sub from Blimpie, so it wasn't too detrimental.

I think if used judiciously, a "free" time wouldn't be bad. I think the others hit on the problem though - what do you do if you can't get back on plan afterwards? You know yourself - if you know that a short free time would just help you rededicate, then go for it!

Good luck with Core - give it a chance, and it'll work!

Angela
Old 04-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #7  

Default free day

I just had several "free days" Guess the stress in my life just got to me, but I am trying to get on track now. At a minimum I am getting on the bike so I can do some damage control with the activity pts. I hate it when I screw up though.
Closed Thread