Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:59 PM   #16  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay - everyone (Frannie take note)....look around - see any CUTE BUNNIES?? See someone who loves rabbits and bunnies?

In order not to offend her sensitivities can we kindly REFRAIN from mentioning the word rabbit and/or bunny as something edible?(unless it's chocolate bunnies of course! ) Pretty please with a cherry on top?

...and Deborah I agree with the convenience angle......I found some plain ff in the cups which is more my style - did not see myself, mixing, measuring pouring and toting back and forth to work!

As for my eating today - I am really not focussing on it that well.

As you know part of my lunch got dumped and my dinner plan changed drastically, here is the revised menu:

Breakfast
1/2 yogurt
decaf wlite cream (1)

Lunch:
about 2 oz chicken, 6 brussel sprouts and half a sweet potato

Snack:
about 1.5 cups red grapes
green tea

Dinner: did not feel like COOKING when I got home
1/2 bagel (3)
egg salad (1 hb egg, ff mayo and onion)
salad w/japanese dressing (2)

I am now starving but just drinking water - I am feeling great anxiety due to situation w/dh - I know he went to see his therapist this pm to talk about his "issues"...came home, but gone now so I don't know what went on - this is making me very upset, anxious and now I have a big bad tension headache. I just feel something bad is going to happen and I don't want to be sad anymore!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 01-24-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:06 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! Oh no! We don't know the situation, but we are here for you. All of us!

I promise never to mention bunnies again. Bad Frannie! And here I thought I was going to have to scold her for mentioning bread pudding, my all-time favorite dessert in the world, but only if my Mom makes it!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #18  

Frouf--

from the bottom of my heart i apologize for even mentioning, you know, that word ...... knock me on the head for being so insenitive.......man oh man was that ever dumb of me.........

girls, i give you all the okra in the world but not even mamma could make me some that tasted good.......we used to run out of the house sooooo fast when we saw it in the skillet......no, not hungry tonight, no thanks, had an extra lunch......what about lima beans.......succatash? oh stop me ........ help..........that is it.......i am going now.....
Old 01-24-2005, 09:18 PM   #19  

and frouf a indeed in fact 2
Old 01-24-2005, 09:24 PM   #20  

Since I don't think we have any squirrel lovers here, I can tell you that I was the same way growing up -- when my dad went squirrel hunting and my mom would make (ugh!) fried squirrel, or squirrel and dumplings, or squirrel stew ... well just go ahead and gag me because I'm gonna barf sooner or later! Oh my Lord, my sister and I would practically cry but they made us eat it anyway. And yes, lima beans! And rutabega! And collard greens! And English peas! (Okay now I understand that I'm the only person on earth who doesn't like English peas, but they gag me just thinking about them.)
Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #21  
Card Carrying Princess

You poor darlings - who would make you eat such awful things? (and you wonder why we all have "food issues"? )

Thanks so much for the wonderful group hugs! I really appreciate it!

Frouf - bunny lover SUPREME (and fond of other critters too of course! )
Old 01-24-2005, 10:30 PM   #22  

Okay, so what are English peas? I've never had any of those things you guys mentioned. Guess my Wyoming cattle ranch parents didn't go for Southern cooking. My mom said when she was a kid, she envied all her friends who got hot dogs for supper, "all" she had was steak a lot!

Frouf, here's a big hug for you. Hope everything goes well, and you can relax.

Angela
Old 01-24-2005, 10:34 PM   #23  

English peas, little green peas, um ... surely they have another name. Hold on ...

Yep, that's it. Sweet peas. We called them English peas for some reason.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:38 AM   #24  

ok, i love sweet peas but they are best fresh from the garden not cooked............i hate hate hate mushy peas and with all the english people here it is on every menu........gag me
Old 01-25-2005, 08:43 AM   #25  
Card Carrying Princess

Red face

ohhhh I love those tiny sweet peas - and so happy I can enjoy them now on Core.

...and just wanted to mention on the radio today on drive to work they were talking about veggies - Canadian Living magazine did a survey on the most detested vegetable and brussel sprouts won (frankly I like them)...so they had people phoning in to talk about their least favorite veggie - and I just cracked up when I heard OKRA! ha ha ha

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 01-25-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:52 AM   #26  

Oh, got it. Plain peas. Like the ones I grow in my garden. Love the pictures!

Angela
Old 01-25-2005, 04:16 PM   #27  

Kathy, you are not the only English pea hater! We used to have those at least twice a week as a side, sometimes w/waaaaayyyyy overcooked potatoes! Blech!!!!

I do love fried okra, whooo dogeys!!! Greens w/cornbread which would make a fabulous Core meal!!!! With a Rotisserie Chicken, yum!!!!! I might make this later in the week!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:18 PM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

I hate peas but absolutely ADORE green split pea soup. Go figure.
Closed Thread