Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 06:41 AM   #1  

Default Not losing

I really like doing Core. I'm not hungry, don't have cravings, rarely use WPAs and lost 6.2 lbs the first week, so it's not that I don't understand the program. I still love eating this way and enjoy trying all the new recipes, but I haven't lost anything the last two weeks. I'm at the weight where I usually plateau -- it's like my body is very comfortable here and wants to stay here. Any suggestions? I'm starting to get discouraged. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:55 AM   #2  
300+ Chick

Hang in there,ditpen..The scale will move soon, just keep up the good work..I am rooting for ya on breaking your plateau. Stay strong!

Liliann
Old 10-28-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ditpen, you didn't say what your water intake is. Maybe you could increase? More fruits and vegetables? It's hard to say without knowing what a typical day is for you with food and exercise.

Regardless, if you stay on program eventually the scale will move downward again. This is the way our body "tests" us to be sure we are serious!
Old 10-28-2004, 11:31 AM   #4  

Thanks for the encouragement, Liliann. It's always nice to know someone is rooting for ya!

Vicki, a typical day is: ff yogurt with Fiber One; salad with black beans or grilled chicken, Lite Ranch dressing & mixed fruit; chicken, veggies, sometimes a small potato and fruit. Occasional snack of air popped popcorn or fruit smoothie. I will try this week to get in more water. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

patience patience patience is the key. Maybe you can try flex for a week and see if that breaks it? or just hang in there. I hit a 9 week plateau once and it was so hard seeing that scale stall... but I just kept plugging along and finally it passed. But yes, I have heard of set weights, where we maintained a certain weight for a long period in our life and when we get back to it our bodies want to slow down and stay for awhile, but you know your body will eventually give in. Maybe increase your exercise, mainly strength training and don't forget to take measurements! Because even though the scale may be stuck your waist may still be getting smaller, don't forget that. Hope it passes soon!
Old 10-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #6  

Thanks, Spryng! I had forgotten that I once had a 6 week plateau but stayed on track and it finally broke. Of course, I was hoping my loss would catch up with the 6 weeks that had passed and I'd show a 10 lb loss all at once! lol!

It always helps to be reminded of these things and know that others go through it too. I'm afraid patience isn't one of my strong suits when it comes to losing weight.

Last edited by ditpen; 10-28-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:37 PM   #7  
kll

I got "stuck" the last two weeks. To break out, I ate only "core" no use of any bonus points. I also upped my intensity and frequency of exercise (listening to great music during the exercise sessions really helps). Good Luck! Don't get discouraged (I know I was getting pretty frustrated!!)

k
Old 10-30-2004, 06:05 PM   #8  

Smile

hi ditpen,

keep moving! keep your chin up and the scale will start showing the movement you want. I like the suggestion of using no weekly allowance points but that is hard to do sometimes! So, for sure, I would up the H20. And then I would try adding some of that veggie soup that tastes soooo good. It seems to really boost me where I need to go. Your food intake sounds good.

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!! Go girl.
Closed Thread