Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 07:10 PM   #1  

Default newbie

I have recently joined ww and I am thinking of trying the core plan. my mom has done really well with ww so I am hoping that I will as well. I have been looking around at some of the comments here and it seems like a nice group.
my biggest questions/concerns center around the fact that, being a busy mother of three (ten, seven and one) I don't have a lot of time to plan or prepare. I end up at the drive through a lot...and I also need to prepare things that will go over with the kids. Not an easy task. but, I have a lot to lose and I really want to make this work. any suggestions would be wonderful I see a lot of moms on here and I would love to hear how you keep it all together!! thanks!
Old 09-25-2004, 07:37 PM   #2  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Hi! I am Anne, new Mom to an almost 7 month old.

Suggestion...Crockpot! I find that is becoming my best friend. Also, make extra on the weekends. For example I make roast chicken in the crockpot. We can eat dinner an lunches off of it or another dinner. Same with pork loin.

Think of it this way. By going to the drive thru all the time, what are you teaching your kids? Just something to think about. I know there are other busy Moms here. We can come up with plenty of Kid friendly/Mom friendly and easy meals to make. Without having to go through the drive thru. I know KellyS has alot of kid friendly recipes. I am sure she will reply.

Welcome! It is nice to meet you.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:21 AM   #3  

Poohza,
I can identify with the drive thru problem, we end up going that route too. (And I only have one child, 2 yrs today! ) I am new to the Core program, but found that Flex really worked great with the drive thru. There are tons of things out there that are low pts and quite tasty and filling. With Core it just takes a little more thought- for example a chicken salad with ff dressing. Or a wrap and you just have to count the tortilla.
I think you will be able to make adaptations no problem. It just takes a little thought!
Old 09-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #4  

Prepack a snack and a light meal. I fly every week and take my food with me in a flexible insulated bag for lunch I bought at Target. I bring tons of food in it and lets me eat when I'm hungry, not when the airplane lands at it's next stop. I like to bring slices of FF cheese, veggies and thin sliced meats. I also bring a banana and apple on every flight.
The only problem is that I have to prepare it ahead of time. But I would rather spend 5 minutes at home than eat all my flex points in one day eating airport food.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:54 PM   #5  
14 lbs to go!!

How does that saying go? "Failing to plan means planning to fail"
Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 AM   #6  

these are all great suggestions. one of the reasons I feel serious about dieting at this point is that I have noticed that my older kids are not eating as well as they should and I don't want to teach them bad habits now that they will have to deal with the rest of their lives. I have a crock pot cook book from ww. that is from the flex plan...it came out before the core plan...hopefully I will be able to translate some...
thank you all for your suggestions...it is very good to hear that other moms are having success!!
Closed Thread