Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:41 PM   #1  

Default New to board - going to try Core

Hello all,

I popped over from another board as it said there was a whole board devoted to Core. Livvi, I recognize you from the other board .

I'm a lifelong "dieter" and after doing stints on other plans, came back to WW (again ) and have decided to give Core a try after visiting other boards and gathering info and feedback. After seeing that Core is similiar to South Beach, I'm anxious to try it. Mainly because while doing that, I really missed being able to have my favorite little treats here and there. My hubby said I should try combining the two (SB and WW) but I never did. Now it seems like I can!

I've only been back doing WW (at home on my own) for almost 2 weeks and have only lost 3.5 lbs. I'm hoping Core will get me going.

I'm not a big-time poster but lurk alot (I have to divide my time between 2-4 other websites of varying interests and a graphic site to take care of). I'll be checking out the support board to get more info on Core)

Nice to "meet" ya'll
Old 09-24-2004, 12:29 AM   #2  

Hi, Lisa! I am just starting Core too, and am happy to find this board for some added support. I need a switch from the pts system, and hope to find renewed interest with this plan!
I had often considered trying Atkins or South Beach, but didn't want to try anything but WW since it had already worked (WELL!) for me in the past. Lets hope this Core program is as wonderful!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:34 AM   #3  
Kathy from Vermont

Smile

Hello and welcome. I have also tried the low carb route but found that I missed the rice, potatoes etc. I have found with Core that my cravings for sugar have almost completely disappeared. I have been on for almost 2 weeks and am approaching (Monday) my 2nd weigh in. I lost 5 lbs. the 1st week and according to my scales am down another 3. I haven't felt hungry, dizzy or any of the things I felt on low carb and am hoping that I have finally found my 'plan for life'.

Kathy
Old 09-24-2004, 09:54 AM   #4  

Kathy,
Way to go! That is a great accomplishment for two weeks! I am glad you posted, because I have wondered if this program will work the way that some of those low carb ones do, diminishing cravings. I hope that works for me too!
I am a total carb craver! I can't wait for my first WI- although my daughter's 2nd birthday party is tomorrow, and a big family supper on Sun, so I will have to plan carefully!
Have you tried many of the recipes around here? I tried my own variation on oatmeal this morning- with cinnamon, nutmeg, Splenda Brown Sugar, applesauce and sliced banana. It is so nice to be able to eat fruits without "counting" them!
Have a great day!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:45 PM   #5  

Hi Tara and Kathy - thank you so much for the welcome .

Speaking of oatmeal, I LOVE it but I'm going to have to find another way to eat it. Right now I add 1 tblsp. of peanut butter to mine and it helps keep me satisfied 90% of the time until lunch. I weaned myself off a morning snack because there's not a whole lot of time between the time I eat breakfast and lunch at work. I also love it very sweet, so I'm a splenda-holic . I guess I'll have to search through the various oatmeal recipes and find some that strike my fancy.

Thanks again for the welcome!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:51 PM   #6  
Janette

Welcome. I hope you love CORE as much as I do. Look forward to your posts.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:01 PM   #7  

Hi Janette! Thank you and nice to meet you
Old 09-24-2004, 07:48 PM   #8  

How have you been working that oil into your daily menu? I have been a rigid WW point counter for so long that I NEVER use oil anymore! Now I find I have to go the other way!
Peanut butter isn't core, is it? I bet it is good in oatmeal though!
Have any of you experience headaches while starting Core? I have had them for 2 out of the 3 days I have been following it.
Another question, when you have your rice/pasta/potato at the one meal a day, is it supposed to be a certain portion, or however much you want until you are full?
Thanks for your help!
Old 09-27-2004, 12:57 PM   #9  

Tara - your headaches might be sugar withdrawals . . . .
Old 09-27-2004, 06:49 PM   #10  

Oh, Tara .. I LOVE peanut butter in my oatmeal!!! It also seems to help the oatmeal last longer in the tummy. Today was the first day I did without it. Once I see how I'm going to manage my extra points, I might add it back in and count it (today is my first Core day).
Closed Thread