3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Daily Thread--(Simply Filling/CORE) January 16-31, 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/273544-daily-thread-simply-filling-core-january-16-31-2013-a.html)

ontarget 01-16-2013 11:09 AM

Daily Thread--(Simply Filling/CORE) January 16-31, 2013

New pages.

Good morning. I just bit the bullet, weighed, and joined WW online. I changed my signature tracker to reflect my current weight, new beginning, and new goal. It's been almost 30 minutes and I'm still focused.

Sloan, :lol:

Nancy, I am glad you had those jelly beans handy. Be careful. And your new walking buddy? Fantastic!!

Hope you're all having a good day. I'll be back later to see how you're all doing.

Have a great one!

nancy237 01-16-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget (Post 4593020)

It's been almost 30 minutes and I'm still focused.

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

Enough "30 minutes" strung together will
get you there !!!!

Lacyt74 01-16-2013 12:14 PM

South Texas

Hi ontarget, I am doing WW at home on my own. Good luck!

pam920 01-16-2013 12:27 PM

day three for me, staying focused. I am determined to lose some of this weight.

I've heard so many bad things about lipitor and am seriously considering not taking it. I had such good numbers for my last 2 lab works. I asked my dr if I could quit taking it and he said no. Well, I have 3 months until my next lab work and think I'll quit taking it and see what happens.

Sandra and Lacy, good luck with online WW. Thanks for the new pages.

Nancy, i get the heebie geebies at times too. Low blood sugar.

beach bum 01-16-2013 01:02 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Hope you all had a a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Sorry I was MIA for a long time from this thread. I just couldn't post as much as I wanted to,as I wasn't y feeling well after I got home from the Christmas Holiday. Still have the cough and not getting better.

Luckily we had the rain this morning, not like the snow they are predicting for the whole state of Ma. I think the water is warmer than the land so that's the reason the Cape was spared.

Met my lady friend,from the rosary this morning at the local diner,had an appointment at the dentist for a cleaning but I cancelled since I still coughing. Hope it doesn't turn out to be walking pneumonia or some other lung problem.

SANDRA-Thanks for the new pages, Whats that all about the 360 next to the new WW program??? I was just curious after seeing their advertisement for WW on Line.

LACY=:welcome: to the thread and good luck in the new WW program I was a WW member several years ago,doing the core and the flex program and none worked for me as I'm back to low carbing. But could leave these wonderful woman on the thread, so I just hung around. Last 34 lbs last years so I sticking with low carb and fasting 2 days a week will do the trick as I have 6 move pounds to lose my 1st goal than will precede to my 2nd goal of 140.

PAM-YIKES!!! The news about Lipitor. My cholesterol is high and my new doctor wants to take another med. as my Lescol is not working for me. Thanks for the up date on Lipitor I tell him I will not take that med.

NANCY-That's great you have a walking partner. My friend Alice told me that there's an indoor walking group that I could join. I have to get my exercising program started as I have a bike in my living-room that collecting duct due to I not using it.

Glad that I'm back posting, missed you gals

Have a great day

ontarget 01-16-2013 02:05 PM

Lacy, thank you. I wish you great success, too. Where are you located. I'm a little south of Ft. Worth.

Nancy, thank you for the :cheer:

Pam, I take Lipitor. So far no problems for me. Be careful. And good success to you, too, with the weightloss.

Maryann, I'm sorry you've been ill. I hope you can get rid of that nagging cough soon. WW didn't really change the food plan. They are just trying to help with habits, etc... You can probably find out more on their website.

pam920 01-16-2013 04:47 PM

Sandra, I am not experiencing any side effect, but I don't know what is going on inside me. One dr. said he would never prescribe his female patients lipitor. That made me pause.

Maryann, so sorry you are still sick. My sis has been having the same thing going with the cough, slight fever, etc.

ontarget 01-16-2013 05:11 PM

Pam, that's really interesting. Let me know if you find out what the doctor's objection is.

Tejas 01-16-2013 05:23 PM

Lipitor gave me ferocious headaches. I now take 20 mg Lovastatin with no problems that I know of....my plan is to lose the first 30 pounds and then speak to MD about stopping it.

I am not focussed but I'll get that way in a minute :lol:

ontarget 01-16-2013 05:40 PM

Rhonda, are you focused yet?

Just got a call to pick up grands and take them to Chicken Express to meet their dad. Curtis has already placed an order. So far so good with me. I'm eating dinner before I go. (Curtis is, too, but that's not stopping him.)

Tejas 01-16-2013 07:52 PM

Focused :lol:

I bought DH a nice lasagna meal for take out and I didn't touch it--had a protein shake.

ontarget 01-16-2013 08:29 PM

Wow! Now that's severely focused. Way to go!

nancy237 01-16-2013 09:32 PM

Yay Chicks !!!!!
Way to Go !!

Maryann..Feel Better !!

Rhonda..passing up lasagna takes lots of focus !! :cp:

We need a 2013 cheer about focus !!:carrot:

ontarget 01-16-2013 10:53 PM

:cheer::cheer::cheer:2013!!!!!!!:cheer::cheer:

ontarget 01-16-2013 10:55 PM

I have eaten 3 bananas and 4 Mandarin oranges tonight.

sloanie 01-16-2013 11:04 PM

:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2: We don't need no hocus pocus! What we need to do is focus! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer2:

ontarget 01-16-2013 11:26 PM

:lol:

heather_dw 01-17-2013 12:43 AM

Hey gals!

My doc suggested gastric bypass. He thinks it's medically necessary. I got my mind on board only to have my insurance saying no. (long story)

In the meantime, I am sick of feeling bad about myself. Lord knows if you read through my old posts, I've started over like.. oh.. I don't even want to think about how many times. I ran across a page outlining the SF technique and it seems almost too good to be true! It;s most of the stuff I eat already, save a few things (like delicious delicious peanut butter).

Do you guys count calories or anything? It seems so crazy that I can eat fruit and low carb bread and all the things I love!
:p

Vickie 01-17-2013 10:08 AM

Good Morning Chicks! Sloan....I LOVE the cheer. I'm going to make it my mantra.

I'm doing ok to pretty good. I should be back here full time soon!

ontarget 01-17-2013 11:17 AM

Heather, you're not alone. I can't tell you how many times I've rejoined WW. First time was in 1968. I'm thinking it was October 14.
To be honest with you, right now I'm counting points. I just rejoined WW Online yesterday. Are you going to meetings or are you doing WW from home? Right now, I'm not sure who here is going to meetings. I think most of us are working the plan (or another plan) from home.

That said, :welcome: to the boards. It's good to have you and we look forward to getting to know you and to have you on our weightloss team.

Tejas 01-17-2013 12:09 PM

So, Sandra, you're focussed on fruit? :kickbutt: :hug:

Last night DH told me about a nutrition program he watched so now he's an expert, counting the amount of sugar in foods. I guess the last ten years of my telling him about this was not as impressive as a person on TV :dunno: :lol:

nancy237 01-17-2013 12:13 PM

Heather...welcome !!!! My daughter did gastric bypass about 2 years ago, so I can tell you more about her experience. It's a tough decision !!!! With her being 30 years old , we didn't discourage her or encourage her to do it, just supported her decision.

Its great to have you new gals on here..:cp::cp:
We are a bit crazy:crazy: here, and encouage each other in the good & bad times.

Maryann :getwell:

Its raining :rain: here and they are calling for snow. I need to get to the store for pet food. Last night I fixed Riley(son's dog) hamburger with an egg because I was out of dog food. She is going to expect me to cook for her today I bet LOL.

My main goal for a week is to pull as much as possible from my attic & garage for charity.. :cheer: focus :cheer:

ontarget 01-17-2013 05:20 PM

Rhonda, I know what you're saying. Maybe he needed to think he "found" the info. Curtis is that way sometimes. Yes, I'm a fruit addict. I actually think I could swing from trees like a monkey. :rolleyes:

Okay, Nancy, you have me wanting to use smileys. I love it! :spin:

We walked a couple of loops around the field while ago. Oh! Did I tell ya'll we saw 2 roadrunners in our backyard this morning? Great show while eating breakfast!

pam920 01-17-2013 10:43 PM

hey chicks.

Welcome Heather. I love SF and it's the way I eat when doing WW. You just have to watch your portions. If you eat that way it should be pretty easy. Just count the peanut butter.

sloan is a poet and doesn't know it.

Nancy, it rained here most of the day too and turned cold. No walking today.

Vickie, hurry back.

Sandra, fruit is good. You made a healthy choice, look at it that way.

Maryann, hope you are doing better today.

Rhonda, I can relate to what you said about Doyle. Trouble is getting to them actually act on what they hear.

I did pretty good today. I did buy some cashews and they will be my downfall. But they are suppose to be good for you.

heather_dw 01-17-2013 11:56 PM

Thanks, gals.

More stupid junk from the insurance today. Hubby called and they told him "No" too. Said it was an exclusion. They faxed the exclusion to us. The problem? The wording and even fonts and formatting are different from the papers we JUST GOT before the new year started. I have no idea what that is all about. The one they sent (the exact same one from 2012 and the insurance sales guy said it had to change because of affordable care act) says something about the Master Plan document. The one we think is the "new" one says "employee benefits summary" and has hubby's work on the bottom of every page. Have no idea what is going on?

I contacted obesity advocates a few months back. She has said to get the surgeon to submit a surgery authorization so it could be officially denied before we could fight it. Called the surgery program I did the seminar for and they refused to do it. Said I would have to go completely though the program, paying for it myself at like 275.00 an appt. (appts include nurse practitioner, physcologist, physical therapist, and finally, surgeon.) so, i'd get all the way to the end just to get denied. Then I'd have to pay the obesity advocates group to fight my case and that's no guarantee of winning, even though they say they will tell me if they think they can't win.

UGH.

oh and then? Tonight on FB I got this multi paragraph message from a facebook friend telling me that hubby and I should go on something called xngular. Yeah, because those Weight Loss MLM products ALWAYS work, :rolleyes:

beach bum 01-18-2013 10:51 AM

Hi Ladies:)

We got some snow this morning,but I was able to go to Mass and the Rosary.My cough is now ceasing,but my soup kitchen supervisor told me not to come in today as her daughter had a cough and and it might be catching.I guess she right after all I would be handling the food.

Nothing really new I went out with Rita yesterday at the 99 restaurant. Had a steak as I didn't have one in a long time.

SANDRA=Thanks for the get well wishes,I just wondered as I remember a problem called the 190 which was several years ago before the flex and the core plan.

PAM=I think people are either having the flu or the coughing syndrome. Don't dare to go back to my new doctor and ask him that I want to have the shots after I told him I would take my changes.

NANCY=Thanks,feeling a lot better today.I'm focusing on low carbing hoping to get to my first goal of 150 and than to my second goal of 140 and than go on maintenance

HEATHER-:welcome: to the thread.I doing the ww problem but I focusing on low carbs with fasting 2 days a week with Atkins shakes[160 cals & 2 carbs. Good luck with the gastric bypass.

Have a great day

ontarget 01-18-2013 02:34 PM

Heather, sorry about the stress. Be careful about FB. That message might not have been real. It could have been a spammer or hacker using your friend's account. I've had that happen before. You're in a good place now with WW. And we're here for you, too. We can do this together. Basically, we all know what to do, we (mainly thinking of myself) just have problems with the mental aspects of losing. I tend to get my priorities mixed up a lot. Right now I'm focused.

Thank you again, Sloan, for the focus cheer. :cheer:

This is my day 3 OP. I'm feeling great already. Ah! The power of positive thinking!

Pam, thank you for the encouragement. I am enjoying my fruit for sure. Enjoy your cashews. You're right. They are healthy.

Maryann, I don't remember the 190 program. What was it?

nancy237 01-18-2013 04:16 PM

My cleaning out is going great.

My eating is good but I think I will be sick if I
see another egg anytime soon..

I need to go get some new foods and salad stuff..
Weightloss seems sorta stuck right now..

ontarget 01-18-2013 07:01 PM

:cheer: Nancy :cheer:

nancy237 01-18-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontarget (Post 4596688)
:cheer: Nancy :cheer:

Thanks...
You cheered me into a walk with the dog !!!

ontarget 01-18-2013 08:19 PM

;)

sloanie 01-18-2013 09:40 PM

They should have a tracker for number of times we have rejoined WW! Mine would be a mile long :dizzy:

I have stayed focused for two weeks! Weigh in tomorrow :carrot:

Tejas 01-18-2013 10:11 PM

I don't think I've told you that I'm headed for Washington DC tomorrow and I'm going to the Texas Ball and to the inauguration. On Tuesday, I'm going to NYC for a few days, and then to Toronto for a few days after that. I'll be gone 10 days, but I'll have my computer and will check in.

:woohoo:

http://texasstatesociety.homestead.com/

heather_dw 01-18-2013 11:35 PM

I'm kind of depressed about the whole thing tonight. I feel like nothing I do will make a difference. Even when I try, I don't lose. I end up losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. I would eat more calories, less calories, less carbs,more protein, etc etc and none of it made a difference.

So.. I am thinking of trying the SF technique but I have no idea where to start. I hate veggies. I like fruit, but I worry about bloodsugar issues if I eat too much of that. Of course, I'm in one of those moods where part of me says nothing is going to work! Just been one of those weeks!

pam920 01-18-2013 11:48 PM

Heather, one step at a time. I love my veggies and don't eat enough of them. Hope you get it figured out.

Rhonda, what an honor. I"m sure you deserve it, with all your work through this last election. Tell Obama hi from me, lol. Never been to NY. Are you going to see any plays while there? We will miss you so try to check in when possible.

Tejas 01-19-2013 09:36 AM

Pam, all it takes is money and time :lol:

:wave:

nancy237 01-19-2013 11:09 AM

Rhonda..wow !! Our Jet Setter :angel:
Have fun !!

Heather..we have all been discouraged at different times where nothing seems to work, hugs...
If you want to , tell us what your diet & exercise look like on a normal basis, and maybe we will have ideas. I think a diet that takes into account your
food preferences makes sense..

sloanie 01-19-2013 02:39 PM

WW meeting this morning: down 4 pounds in two weeks!

Heather, my son hates veggies, too! Some veggie haters actually learn to love roasted veggies. Have you tried roasted carrots? I toss baby carrots in a little olive oil then sprinkle with coarse salt and cracked pepper. Then I roast them in the oven at 400 until they are very brown. It makes them sweet. Also, on here on Simply Filling/Core, we have loads of recipes. Maybe they would get you started. I lost 20 lbs with simply filling, so I know it works. Hang in there and keep posting, this group is awesome :D

Rhonda, enjoy your trip. It sounds awesome!!!

Hey to the rest of you chickies!

ontarget 01-19-2013 06:14 PM

:woohoo: Sloan. You're doing great.

Rhonda, have a fun/safe trip. Have a great time. You've earned it. I'd love to see photos of you in your gown.

Heather, I hope you can find the plan that's right for you. Sometimes it takes awhile. Keep plugging along.

Sloan, I just saw your latest post!! :woohoo: for sure!!!!!

nancy237 01-19-2013 06:23 PM

Here is Sloan :goodscale:

:dancer: Way to go !!! :carrot:

:wave: This is me patting myself on the back.
I started a beginner yoga :yoga: DVD today and also walked :running:!!
Also ate good choices !!

I am going to try to do the yoga tape first thing in the morning every morning
and walk in the afternoon. I am not a morning person , so it will be a huge personal victory for me if I can do the tape in the mornings.

I am making a list of about 2 weeks worth of "ToDo's" to get the house back on the market and then ...
Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to work I go...

I think having a job will be so good for me. I know it will be tiring but a good tired.