3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Daily Thread--(Simply Filling/CORE) January 16-31, 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/273544-daily-thread-simply-filling-core-january-16-31-2013-a.html)

Vickie 01-26-2013 11:01 AM

Good Morning Chicks! It is freezing here but sunny. We are expecting an ice storm from Sunday into Monday with almost a quarter inch of ice. NOT good. We'll be staying home snug as bugs and praying that the power stays on.

I've been cooking Core and trying to keep my portions small. I think that was my big problem with Core before. I'm not going to WW nor am I calculating points. For the moment, I'm try to FOCUS (no Hocus Pocus) on eating healthy small portions and am trying to be satisfied in my brain. You see I have a problem with food in that I do NOT need to be hungry to eat. Sigh. It is a constant battle.

Last night we had Lemon Garlic Chicken, baked fries from REAL potatoes, fresh green beans and homemade applesauce. It was delicious. I'd had two boneless thighs and wanted more. It was hard to stop but I did.

I'm also not getting on the scale because I know I would be depressed and probably eat bad things. I don't know when I'll get on the scale again actually. I have a Nephrologist appointment on February 6th so I guess I'll be on the scale then and be forced to discuss my gain from last year with her. That will be a less than pleasant conversation. Oh well....it is what it is and I can only deal with the situation from here.

BTW, I too love chocolate. I'm trying to eat more natural, healthy food in smaller portions. My current love are Kind bars but only the ones with dark chocolate on them. Lots of nuts...some with fruit and a thin layer of chocolate. Kind of high in the calories (pun intended) but very delicious and satisfying. I have them for dessert at night with a great cup of black decaf and I am very satisfied. They have nice nutritionals...fiber, protein...to go along with the fat which is primarily from the nuts. That's my review for today.

Light and love to all of you. I shall try to check in more often.

ontarget 01-26-2013 10:40 PM

Sloan, I have been AOL from WW points counting this week, so I really can't say. I think either would work if we stuck with them. I know you're sticking better than I did, though. Let us know what you decide.

Vickie, I am sending you ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) for success. You do sound focused. I was last week. I'm not sure what happened this week. I need to pull out my duster. Your dinner sounds delicious.

We were at a tournament most of the day and will be tomorrow, too. I'm tired tonight.

nancy237 01-26-2013 10:53 PM

Had a great trip to Boone. The roads were quite slippery when we got into the foothills yesterday but we did fine. We took both kids out to an early dinner and then stayed at a cabin over night that my cousin's daughter is renting...
This morning we had a late brunch , some shopping and drove home.

It was a good chance for my cousin and I to talk in depth about her engagement.

Eating has been a free for all Friday & Saturday...
Also just had dinner over at a friends and she made an amazing
Veal, cheese, spinach & prosciutto puffed pastry...Good stuff..
So like Vickie said "It is what it is " ,
I will weigh, assess the damage and adjust my weight tracker in the morning ..

sloanie 01-26-2013 11:18 PM

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: We don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

ontarget 01-26-2013 11:19 PM

Sloan, I didn't answer your question. I lost 1.2 last week. I don't have an average. I've been so on and off. Or is that off and on?

Nancy, I hear ya. It is what it is for me, too.

nancy237 01-26-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloanie (Post 4608626)
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: We don't need no hocus pocus, all we need to do is focus :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot:

It's a new week. I am not going to let a little slip undo weeks of
good choices !!!

sloanie 01-27-2013 11:45 AM

I am planning my week's food right now. I will have lunches as well as dinners ready or ready to cook for the week. I know that if I am prepared, I will be much more successful. Plan, plan, plan, chicks!!!!

Thanks for the info, Sandra. I think I will count points for most of the week and see what happens. I am very serious about being back to my goal by the end of May! I can do this! :sumo::sumo::sumo:

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:We can do this!:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

ontarget 01-27-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloanie (Post 4609076)

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:We can do this!:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

With all these cheers how can we fail?

Good success to all of us.

Vickie 01-27-2013 01:25 PM

Good Morning Chicks! We are having an ice storm here.

Hey Sloan....did you Nephew get enough cards?

ontarget 01-27-2013 09:49 PM

Vickie, be careful.

Sloan, I was wondering the same thing. Have you heard?

Okay, I'm dusting right now.

pam920 01-27-2013 10:29 PM

wow, it's getting a little rauchy in here, *3 somes*.:censored:;)

sloan, I will never see 130 again in my lifetime. I'm beginning to think i'll never see the 150's either. I never knew it would be so hard to keep those extra pounds off. I never had a weight problem until my mid 40s. I was a skinny kid. What happened?

Did some cleaning today. It was beautiful here in the low 80's. We are having a heat wave for a few more days. I'm not complaining. My daughter in KY had ice on Friday and to cancel all her appts. Growing up in MIchigan, that kind of weather was the norm. I don't miss it at all.

Stay safe, those having ice.

ontarget 01-27-2013 11:03 PM

Sloan, congratulations on losing those 10 lbs. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm happy for you. Enjoy your weather. We're doing the same.

sloanie 01-27-2013 11:45 PM

Sandra, I have lost six pounds. I wish it was 10 ;) Sorry if I was misleading.

ontarget 01-28-2013 03:03 PM

Sloan, 6 lbs is good. Congratulations.

nancy237 01-28-2013 09:58 PM

Where is everyone??

Good eating today..Oatmeal & stir fry veggies with Shrimp
The scales jumped up a pound for some reason, but maybe
if I pee alot tonight :D

I have started planning more things to get out and join
groups and make more friends..
Bible Study on Monday nights, visiting a church tomorrow night for their
outreach night, going to a meetup dinner Wed night ..
I know if I get out there and do things I will find new friends to do things with..
Deciding to not sell my house right away is going to let me focus on
personal, social & work stuff.

Now if I can just start sleeping at night !!

Tejas 01-28-2013 10:00 PM

hi all....miserable right now...I'm in Toronto and have an awful cold...will catch up later...right now, just headed to bed :(

ontarget 01-28-2013 11:31 PM

Nancy, you sound you have some fun times ahead. makes me smile.

Rhonda, I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Storms are coming tomorrow. Oh, well.

sloanie 01-29-2013 08:19 AM

18 WPAs in one night aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh:tantrum:

ontarget 01-29-2013 01:51 PM

Sloan, be glad you had them to spend. I'm still dusting. Man, am I dirty!

sloanie 01-29-2013 06:53 PM

I am OP today, and I was officially OP yesterday as well. I just did not want to use so many WPAs in one day. Oh well, Sandra, keep dustin' and focus :cheer:

Tejas 01-29-2013 07:51 PM

Still miserable...headed home tomorrow afternoon...talk to you tomorrow night.

nancy237 01-29-2013 11:37 PM

Rhonda...
Feeling bad for you traveling with a bad cold...

Hoping you can get home, crawl to the sofa, and cuddle up
with some hot chocolate and chicken noodle soup...

Here , I made some hot cocoa for you !!! :coffee2:

sloanie 01-30-2013 07:18 AM

Sitting in the hallway bathroom at 3 am with DH, DS, and little dog is not fun. Storms were severe, but we won't know how much damage there is until it is more light outside. Hope you all had a better night. I'm soooo sleepy. I need :coffee2:

nancy237 01-30-2013 12:25 PM

Sloan !!!

:chockiss: for all

:coffee2: :coffee2: for you & DH

:corn: :jeno: for DS

:barbell: Bone for your dog..

Keep us posted, its a stormy, windy day here ...

ontarget 01-30-2013 05:27 PM

Sloan, I hope you didn't find much damage. Glad you were all safe and happy you were/are OP. You go, girl!

Nancy, thank you for the Hershey Kiss.

Rhonda, we'll be looking for you here. Get some chicken soup and get better.

I'm OP today. It's about time, isn't it?

sloanie 01-30-2013 08:18 PM

Total of 8 tornadoes in Middle Tennessee. One fatality. We didn't have any damage at out house. National weather report shows storms heading for Nancy.

Nancy, be safe and let us know how you are. Also, thanks for the goodies! You are so sweet :goodvibes

Rhonda, I hope you are snug in your own bed. :getwell:

Sandra, I just made an appointment for a physical on March 25th. I am determined to stay OP and get this weight off. I don't want the doc fussin' at me. :D

I'm getting off here I am so :tired:

Tejas 01-30-2013 11:53 PM

Got home Ok--thanks for the hot chocolate, Nancy.

My ears just about killed me on the descent, even though I had taken some decongestant.

Things are not good with my NYC friend. I imagine that I will be returning soon. I tried to get her to go to her MD, and she would not. She said she was hurting but getting better. Her chest is infected around the area of her by-pass surgical scar from one year ago. It's still not clear what is happening except that she has had surgery and needs more. I cannot figure it out unless she never fully healed. We're all VERY worried about this. Her son is on a vacation in Cuba and cannot get out until Friday.

Sloan, I'm sorry you had a rough night and glad you didn't get hit by a tornado.

sloanie 01-31-2013 12:07 AM

Rhonda, as a former cardiac surgery nurse, the first thing that came to mind as I read about your friend's incision area was irritation by the sternal wires that were used to close the sternum. Occasionally we would have to bring someone back to the OR, even months or years later, to revise the placement of sternal wires. Just throwin' that out there :D I'm glad you are home safe and sound but sorry you are worried about your friend. It is so difficult when "the patient" refuses to seek medical attention.

nancy237 01-31-2013 04:49 AM

Rhonda , glad you are home. Hope you feel better. Hope your friend recovers soon...

Sloan..you were right about the storms coming this way..From about 10pm til now we have had very strong wind gusts , but so far no trees down or house damage that I know of. It's like you said last night, I will check everything
out when daylight comes.

I had dinner with a new meetup group tonight and really enjoyed it .
This group does lots of fun things and I plan to do more with them.
Also went to a church event Tuesday night at a new church that I liked.
The church is very focused on ministries in the local community & I like that.
Planning to go back there to.

My cousin is breaking up with her fiance I think. I have had concerns about
compatability all along..

Eating has been good except for the dinner tonight.

I have a 3 month job opportunity that would be a 30 minute commute.
I like that it would be a short commitment so I need to decide.

sloanie 01-31-2013 07:36 AM

Nancy, glad you are safe and sound. Love the idea of a short term commitment to start out. Gives you an opportunity to "dip your toe in" before taking the big plunge ;)

Tejas 01-31-2013 02:01 PM

Nancy--that's good news for you....new friends, new things to do, new job...I hope the storms didn't do any damage.

Thanks for that information Sloan. I've also talked to a nephew who is an ER doc. He said that sometimes people get sick, vomit, tear their esophagus etc. Anyway, I don't have any more information. Her son will get back to Toronto tomorrow, fly to NYC immediately and let us know what's happening. I'm assuming I'll be going back early next week.

In the meantime, going back to bed :(

Tejas 01-31-2013 10:25 PM

Went back to bed, and am going back there :lol: I'm getting a little bored with this!

A friend brought some onion soup and it was delicious.

ontarget 01-31-2013 10:40 PM

Rhonda, I'm glad you're home. I hope you get better quickly. I am so sorry about your friend. I know you're hurting for her.

Nancy and Sloan, I feel for you having those tornadoes. So far we've been clear. I know that won't last, though.

Today is my day 2 OP. So far so good. I'm subbing tomorrow. High School Choir. There will be no singing. If there is any, it won't be me. :lol:

ontarget 02-01-2013 06:52 PM

Well, here I am again. And I'm still OP! This is Day 3 in a row.

I hope you're all feeling well and are out there having fun.

nancy237 02-01-2013 07:36 PM

Having a slow day..
Got some housework done & grabbed a movie with my cousin.
We saw Taken 2, but it was strange to see a 30 year old playing
the teenage daughter in the movie. Her Dad was teaching her to drive and
she had her first boyfriend and it was distracting because she looked her real age to me..
Tomorrow I am taking a CPR class.. Hope I have a cute instructor..

ontarget 02-01-2013 09:02 PM

Nancy, ;) ;) for a cute instructor.

Tejas 02-01-2013 09:27 PM

Hey...we're supposed to start new pages...

ontarget 02-01-2013 09:29 PM

:yikes: Forgot this is February.