Old 05-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the good report, Rhonda, but sorry that you can't dance for awhile. You're right, gluten is everywhere. I have been gluten free for about 24 hours, and my stomach already feels better. My dd just sent me a text saying she has been gluten free for two days, and she has already noticed a big difference in a skin condition that she has. One thing I have already learned is that gluten intolerance does not always manifest itself in stomach discomfort. I will continue on this journey and keep you posted on how we all feel.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that's good news. I'm sorry, too, that you won't be able to tap for awhile. What about the club? Are there exercises you'll be able to do that won't hurt your ankle?

Sloan, that's interesting about the gluten.

We just walked another loop around the field. Afterwards I did some more watering. Now we're in for the evening.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #33  

Rhonda, that is wonderful news. Make sure to take it easy so you heal.

Blackened tilapia sounds yummy. I can't remember the last time I ate fried food. Probably when I found out I had heart disease. I used to make great fried chicken. My nephew still bugs me to make it for him.

Maryann, have a great trip. I know you will. We will miss you. I've been looking at the recipes at SBD section and I have quite a few I used to make. I get so tired of the same thing and need to spice things up.

We decided to highlight my hair instead of just coloring it, which took longer, so never did get it trimmed. She had another appt. coming in so I told her to just trim my hair when she had a opening. I can't complain. I pay nothing for all these services. Oh, she waxed my brows too. Love my daughter.

Have a great Memorial holiday weekend.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #34  
focused and aiming

Pam, you are one lucky Chickie.

Anyone know anything about the Big Boss Air Fryer?

Last edited by ontarget; 05-26-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #35  

Morning.

Sandra, I saw something like that a while back. Not sure if it was the same name. I think it was Dr. Oz show. I went to find it on internet and Overstock sold them but was sold out and I put in a rain check. They finally restocked, but I never bought it. Sounds like a healthy alternative.

It's going to be a scorcher today and the next few days. I'm going to make a faux capiz hanging lamp to put over my tub. I don't have an actual light there, but it will be more for looks. They are pricey and I'm making mine with waxed paper
Old 05-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Thanks, Pam. I never thought of Overstock.com. I saw one at Walmart for $89.99.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #37  

Hey y'all! I made some gluten free biscuits this morning with GF bisquick. Kinda gritty. DH liked them! I have been eating GF for a couple of days now and have lost one pound. Maybe there is something to this after all

Hope you all are keeping cool. It is really hot here.

Pam, post a pic of your lamp when you are done. I am intrigued!

Last edited by sloanie; 05-26-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Pam, that lamp sounds interesting. I'd like to see a photo, too.

Sloan, that's good your dh liked the gf biscuits. Congrats on being down that pound.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Pam, I had no idea what a capiz lamp was, so I looked it up. So, did you iron wax paper and parchment paper together? In your photo your hair looks white, but you say you color it. What color is it. My mother lived until she was 89 and I used to tell her that I had no idea what color her hair really was. She said that was the point.

Sloan, I'm glad to hear that your DH liked the biscuits. I tried the low-fat Bisquick once and thought it was awful--glad to hear that the gluten-free was not. Are you not eating any bread, or are you eating bread made with sprouts?

I bought the splint the doctor suggested and it is better for attempting to walk, but there is not much flexion without pain. But, I'm doing the exercises.
I think I'll skip my trainer appointment tomorrow. I can't drive and I think it would be a waste of my appointment anyway. I can do some upper body and abdomen work at home.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #40  

Height: 5'4"

I have had a busy week with both sons here(one last weekend & the other midweek for a few days), keeping Grandson and other company. Camped
Friday night with my Grandson & went to see Big Miracle with him yesterday.

So today I am going to rest and enjoy the quiet and clean this afternoon.

The dog would not settle down last night so I put him in the fence where he has the garage also. He tore up a 40LB bag of potting soil and spread it all over the garage. I am about ready to give up on him..He is chasing the cat too...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #41  

hello chickies.

Rhonda, you take it easy, dr's orders. It's hard to tie a good girl down, I know. I iron 3 layers of wax paper. I use parchment to sandwich the waxed paper so it doesn't melt all over my ironing board. Then I use a circle cutter to make my capiz shells. They really do look real. I showed my daughter and she loved it and now she wants to make one. My hair is very blonde in front, almost white. Mostly my bangs. I never have dark roots there, lol. The rest needs a touch up on occasion.

It's so hard to train a puppy. I have no patience and doubt we'll get another pet. They tie you down. I like being able to just take off and go when we get the urge.

We were going to cook out today, but by the time we got the grocery shopping done, it's just too late and we will do it tomorrow. We are splurging and having potato salad. They all love mine and so do I. It won't kill us.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial weekend. Thank you to all our service men and women that have serve and are now serving our great country.

Last edited by pam920; 05-27-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you're not pushing yourself too hard. I looked up those lamps, too. They look good, don't they?

at all of you. Hope you're enjoying the weekend.

I'm anxious to get to WW Tuesday. Hope the scales are friendly. (They should be.)
Old 05-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #43  

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, chicks!

Rhonda, I am only eating bread, noodles, etc. made with gluten free flour. I will make some bread tomorrow and will put some coarse ground flax seed in it. I really do think I am feeling less bloated and more energetic! I also have lost another pound. Going strictly GF takes a lot of studying, and I am only getting started. So far, my dh and dd both can tell a difference in how they are feeling, also. We will keep plugging along.

Nancy, hope the doggie troubles ease up, soon!

I'll try to bbl
Old 05-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

Nancy, I hope things work out for you with the dog. We don't have any pets. Well, we have wild rabbits in the backyard but they don't count.

Pam, what does your daughter think about hair pieces? I am thinking about getting a "fake" bun or something. Am I crazy?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #45  

Sandra, I'll ask her. I think they are fine as long as it matches your hair color. I see so many woman with a completely different color and it's quite obvious it's not their hair.

I don't eat a lot of flour product to go GF. I guess it's in a lot of the foods we eat though. I stay away from processed foods. What else contains gluten?