Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Worked on pool & sheds & garage today. Tonight I went to a friends and had homemade soup, bread , wine & movie..We talked so much that we never finished the movie..

This friend works from home & fixes amazing recipes almost everynight. She just loves to cook..Tonight we had a lentil & meatball recipe that I will have to get from her.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Oooh, that soup sounds good, Nancy. I've got to post my Moroccan meatball recipe.

DH hardly watched the movie (Eat, Pray, Love) but enough that he said "interesting."

It made me want to travel, and grateful for the traveling I have done, especially in Israel.

Sandra, its "silver" not grey.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #18  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, Silver for sure. Curtis watched it, too. I think he actually liked it. He watches quite a few chick flicks inspite of himself.

I'm High School AG today. I have limited computer access so I may be popping in and out a little.

Nancy, the soup sounds good (not to mention homemade bread which sounds amazing).
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #19  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had to go to a funeral this morning one of our choir members son passed away, day after New Years. Now I'm home,waiting for the gas man to read my meter and check my gas line as it a mandatory for the state of Ma. every 5 years.

Going to make low carb pancakes and waffles for future breakfasts.Along with that I have find my low carb recipe folder and find a l/c pizza crust recipe that I have to freeze also for future lunch/supper meals.

SANDRA-Thanks I be aware of the ones I put on the toss pile.

Have to go and start my dinner

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #20  

Just back from 30 minutes on the elliptical

I got a call from a local reporter--he is writing a short piece on our article and posting our article on the paper's website. I'll let you know when it is posted. It is about gas drilling and its effects on health.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:43 AM   #21  

good morning chicks. I woke up early today. Enjoying my coffee.

Maryann, could you share your low carb pancake recipe?

Rhonda, will look forward to reading the article.

Nancy, any news on the home sale?

I haven't lose any weight, but I sure have firmed up my butt with all the walking we've done. Do you think if I walk backwards I could firm up my belly?

Sandra, you working all week?
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #22  

Pam, I'm enjoying my coffee with you. I think that you might be on to something about walking backwards. I'll ask my trainer today
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #23  

My friend is coming in a minute to help me seal my bathroom tiles.
Then I am taking my Grandson to his guitar lessons this afternoon.

I went and looked at a neat house yesterday that was in my favorite neighborhood and was just the right size & price. It had a great sunroom & a family room like I want. I think that house won't be the "one" because it was a corner lot but it was encouaging to see that I should be able to find what I need in my price range.

The builder comes Sunday so hopefully he will indicate afterwards how interested he is. Even if he doesn't work out ,I am feeling more relaxed about this house going on the market and finding another . The hard work is done I think , getting this one ready for market. Hopefully by the end of Jan I will be working and let the realtors do their job.

I am starting to do more things with friends at night and work on my list during the day. I seem to be doing so much better than in the fall. Things just don't seem as sad & hard as before ..If I add in work and going to the gym I will be pretty busy.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #24  
focused and aiming

I am subbing again today with AG. So far, I'm not scheduled for tomorrow. My plan is to sub twice a week unless a school is having an emergency. Last week I just subbed one day. I cancelled an assignment last Friday because of the funeral.

Maryann, please post the low carb pizza crust recipe.

Rhonda, be sure to give us the link to your article. You're famous, Cuz!

Nancy, I'm glad you're doing better. Good success to you on selling and buying. Do you know where you'll be working?

We have a local tournament this weekend. Life is good.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Something is wrong with my computer mouse it not working and I had to use another one that I don't like. Tomorrow I'm going to the Mac store or Staples and buy another mouse.

The Birthday Luncheon was cancelled due to the storm we are getting down pours and high winds.Going to be held next week,hope it doesn't fall on the day I have my new Gas company appointment. Yes I stayed home all afternoon and when they didn't come I called and the customer service person told me I never had appointment scheduled that day. This it the second time they did this to me. So I'm not going to worry about it anymore,as noting it wrong with my gas line or meter,but I was having this appointment as a minatory Mass law saying that every 5 years you must have the gas line checked.

PAM-SURE HERE THE LOW CARB PANCAKE/WAFFLE RECIPE

Protein Pancakes/Waffles
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 scoop of Protein Powder
2 packages of Splenda
1/2 tsp cinnamon & nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients,put in a skillet/waffle iron.and cook until the bubbles appear on one side of pancakes and turn. Using a waffle iron cook for at least 5 mins or what ever your instruction on the Waffle Iron tells you.

NANCY-Happy to hear that time is healing all wounds,and I'm glad that you found things to do to keep you busy, I think that's the key. I too found myself busy every day,either in the house or out shopping or meeting with friends.

SANDRA-Here's the Low Carb Pizza Crust

1/4 C FLAXMEAL
1/4 TSP BAKING SODA
1/4 TSP GARLIC SALT
1/4 TSP ONION SALT
1 PK SPLENDA
1TB ITALIAN SEASONINGS
1 TB GRATED PARM
1EGG
2TS WATER

MIX DRY INGREDIENTS,THAN ADD EGG,WATER.SPRAY A DINNER PLATE WITH COOKING SPRAY.SPREAD MIXTURE INTO THE PLATE[WILL BE THE SIZE OF A PERSONAL SIZE PIZZA] MICROWAVE FOR 1 MINUTE & 40 SECONDS. SLIDE OFF THE PLATE INTO A SPRAYED SKILLET BROWN BOTH SIDES OM HIGH. FOR A FEW MINS.

[USE YOUR INGREDIENTS FOR THE TOPPING BAKE AT 350 DEGREES IN OVEN [I USE THE TOASTER OVEN] UNTIL THE CHEESE MELTS[5 MINS] CUT INTO 4TH'S & ENJOY.

Have to go,have a great evening

Last edited by beach bum; 01-12-2012 at 04:12 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Maryann. I need to get some of the ingredients so I can make it.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-12-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #27  
focused and aiming

Oh, wow! Me last and first. Who'da thunk it?

I'm back in AG. Should be an easy day. We're watching the last half the video we saw yesterday.

Yesterday I felt like I ate too heavily. My jeans say so today. I'm having split pea/ham soup and cornpones for lunch (like yesterday). Dinner will be lighter than yesterday's. We may go out. I see a good steak in my future.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #28  

Beat you today, Sandra!

I've got a tap lesson, then lunch with an old boyfriend from my 20's. Sweet. No, DH, has nothing to fear

Maryann, thanks for the recipes.

Nancy, that's all good news and I'm happy for you.

I've been following the DASH diet for about two weeks and have lost a few pounds. It's an easy one to do. If you're looking for a change, I recommend it to you.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #29  

morning chicks.

Maryann, thanks for the recipe. I've never had protein powder, will try to find it next time I'm out.

Sandra, I'm up a pound this morning. I really need to get serious or I'm going to be back up to my high weight.

Rhonda, I looked up the Dash diet and I'm not quite understanding it. It says cut out the salt. I'm not a salt eater. What did I miss?

Nancy, good to hear you are keeping busy and things are starting to get better. What type of job will you get?

Vickie, did you get the rooms painted? When do we get to see those bathroom pics?

sloanie, how are you doing on core? I need to cut out my snacking. That is my downfall.

ems, where are you?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #30  

Rhonda, could you give me a typical days menu?