Old 07-16-2011, 05:04 AM   #46  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all. Thanks for the link Pam

Ems Re the weather: I'm building an ark love. What happened to the BBQ summer we were promised? What's the point of weather forecasts? last week they promised cold wet weather one day and the sun was cracking the pavements? Where did all this rain come from? This morning the TV said we would have it all weekend... what about my washing?

Kristia Come on over when you've saved up the pennies you will be more than welcome. London is full of history and as for Stratford... WOW. Scotland in the fall is breathtaking the beauty of the heather is indescribable.

No carbooting for us this W/E. Have you got a spare room Maryann? Two seniors seeking sanctuary over here.

Have a good one everyone.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #47  
focused and aiming

Pam, we went out to dinner then came home and watched a movie. Well, actually, we'd already been out to dinner before I posted. Our dates are usually simple.

JoJo, do we need rain or what! I told Curtis we've been watching too many end of the world movies that involved weather. It's getting spooky here.

Vickie, it's so good to see you with so much energy. Can I have some?

We got out and shot this morning before it got too hot. Mornings are awesome. Afternoons? Awful! Okay, I'm through griping. Now I'm going to go enjoy some a/c and make lunch.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #48  

Height: 5'4"

Our day was going to be busy with m grandson here , a friend & her husband coming from out of town to help , and the handyman coming to work on faucets.
Friends canceled due to son being sick & handyman just rescheduled for tomorrow. So GS and I are having a nice lazy morning and I am making a list of little things we can get done today.
My Skipper Dog is still having a tough time . She puts some weight on it but
I am afraid she really hurt it this time.

background for the newcomers :
My brother is a vet, (in another state) and agrees that she is too feeble & old to go through another knee surgery. That is why I am not taking her to the vet. She's had 3 ACL surgeries in the past. She is on pain pills and if this doesn't get better soon it will mean its more than a sprain & time to put her to sleep. My husband passed away in March so losing this amazing companion dog that has been at my side for 10 years will be tough.
Being greeted by my Skipper when I come home to an empty house helps so much.

Last edited by nancy237; 07-16-2011 at 11:25 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 168.4/168.4/145

Height: 5'6

hi everyone! hope you all are having a good weekend so far this morning i went in my pool and did some laps and water exercises, and they must have worked because now my arms feel like they're going to fall off! i don't even know how i'm typing right now LOL ! tomorrow i have to attend a fundraiser that my mom is throwing. it's a poker run, and i'm not really sure what to expect as i've never really been around motorcycles. oh well, there's a first for everything!

tejas- i'm glad to hear that you will be careful! just lookin out for ya

jojo- i definitely will ! i want to tour all around london and i've heard that about scottland in the fall as well. and fall is my favorite time of year

nancy- i'm very sorry to hear about your husband, and i hope everything works out alright for skipper. i'm happy to hear you and your grandson had a nice morning though!
kristia117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #50  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to the beach to get my walking done, before my tackling with the basement. Got the basements shelves cleaned off and now the table with all the cleaning stuff on it. Monday I will start with my floors.

A next door neighbor told me to come in and see how her new robot vacuum cleaner worked. She told me that it cleans even in corners and under everything.Has anyone heard or has one of these machines. I was thinking of getting one so I don't have to bend and hurt my back as much. The reg upright vacuum I have doesn't pick up under the beds of sofas. Than before the British Open I saw a paid commercial about a steam duster mop & vacuum all in one by Shark Clean only with water and no chemicals. Trying to make live easier for myself without all the bending and knee activity involved.

Lost 2 lbs this morning.Hope I'm going to be on a roll,eating calories between 1336-1604

KRISIA-I live on the east coast,and I love to walk along the beach. Not s swimmer but I do wade in the water,with my friend Alice.

JOJO-Guess I will be having the CT surgery & trigger finger fixed after all. My finger even with the cortisone shot is still bending without coming back into the correct position.Yes I have a large spare room with a 1 twin bed, loveseat tv and along with a bathroom. My sister used it already and now my DD and the D will be up there shortly.

PAM-Thanks,but now I don't think so,my sister told me a cortisone shot is just a band aid and nothing more. Going to make my appointment after my DD goes home. Sorry about your two pounds, probably water retention in this hot heat.

EMS-Congrats on your 1.5 Everything is fine,just that my hand is bothering me. Have to wear a writs brace and finger splint at bed time.

SANDRA-Going to really clean the basement area next week.

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:15 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Too hot to write

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #52  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy I know what it is like. When our daughter died last year her black lab made us feel as if we still had a bit of her with us. There's nothing I can say which will help. Sending you all my love .

Tejas STOP BOASTING! We had a few days last week when it was as cold as a politician's heart over here. Yesterday we were promised really wet windy weather so I didn't do my washing. In the event, we had a glorious sunny warm day! How is the drought? Sounds serious.

Kristia Fall (we call it autumn over here) is my favourite time of year too. We have several old forests near where I live, Henry 8th used to hunt in them. In the fall they are truly beautiful and the pinecones make lovely Christmas tree baubles.

Well, I'm ashamed to say that we didn't get up until 10am this morning. After 32 years being carers and not getting very much sleep at night, it has taken us a year to get back into a normal sleep pattern. I've put the chicken in the oven for Sunday lunch which will probably be a late lunch/early tea.

Last edited by jojo23; 07-17-2011 at 05:55 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

But, but, Jojo, I was born a Texan, I live in Texas, I have to boast!!

(about what, I no longer know, but if I wrote all that it would be politics and some 3FC administrator might pull it )
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #54  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It is going to be hotter than blazes for the next 10 days here. Today is pool day with the Niece/Nephew and my Great Nephew and 2 Great Nieces. They are sad that this is the last year for our pool. We'll take them as our guests to the village pool next year.

I'm on my way to my monthly JC weigh in. I'm ashamed to say there will probably be a gain. I've not done well my first month on my own. Perhaps it would help if I actually WENT to my WW meetings. I'm getting myself back a week from tomorrow. Tomorrow is too crazy.

Sorry I don't have time to write to everyone. :-(
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I hear ya on needing meetings. I need to go back to WW and OA. Seems I'm lost when I don't attend at least one of them.

JoJo, our weather is very oppressive. I'm hearing of more and more people being hospitalized for COPD. Other than the heat--we're bragging here as most Texans.

Rhonda, it's almost been too hot to read, too.

Maryann, if you finish cleaning, hop on down here and clean our place. Please....

Nancy, I used to have pets so I know what you're saying. I hope you don't lose Skipper.

Kristia, let us know how that event goes. I'm curious.

My eating today was not good. We have a social at church tonight. Prospects for my eating being better are slim--but I'm not. (Slim that is)
Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #56  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Well we finally were able to pick a date for our next Canasta card game,its going to be this Tuesday at my house. Just got home from seeing the movie Zookeeper. I know its for children but its getting muggy here and I just want to get to the theater to cool off. After that I went we went to 99, had a salad as it was too hot to eat. Hoe I don't go for goodie or munching on snacks later tonight.

Nothing else is new,except my gardener is going to trim & cut my the hedges to below my window sills.Now the outdoor garden will look neat and not so overgrown.

SANDRA-I'm too tired,with my own going to relax and take it easy for while. Its going to get muggy starting tomorrow and I have to straighten up for my canasta card game for Tues.

Have a great evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

Okay, Maryann. I'll let you off the hook. Wish I could help you get ready for your party. Have fun!!