Old 05-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #46  

Height: 5' 10"

Jojo, congrats on the loss!

Rhonda, glad the pants are fitting better. I'm not more focused on how my clothes fit and how I look rather than the number on the scale.

Just got back from church, the service really seems relavent to us here who have suffered some sort of loss. (It still amazes me how Gods message seems to hit me where I need it most). The message today was about living a life of faith. How you need to put God first in your life, pray to God, trust in Him at all times, but especailly when we are at our lowest. God never lets us down and God never forgets us. Its just sometimes we lose sight of his awesome power and His perfect timing. The sermon was based on the story of Elijiah and the first time in the bible there was a resurection. Elijiah was staying with a Widow in Sidon during the famon in Israel. Through faith in God and Elijiah's crying prayers to God,the widow's child was brought back to life. I can't recall the passage. Just wanted to share this with you all.

Happy Mother's day to all! Especially to you Jojo. Your daughter and my son are with us always and we will never stop being their moms.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #47  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Happy Mothers Day to you all!!!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #48  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Paula. Our Mother's Day was several weeks ago. It is always tied up to when easter is. The tradition started when boys and girls in 'service' were allowed a Sunday off to visit their mothers. On the way home they picked posies of wild flowers for their mothers and thats how the tradition started. I believe it has spread all over the world now and each country has a dofferent Sunday
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I hope you're all having a great Mother's Day.

Nancy, I still have a few items of my late husband's clothes, the ones that were his favorites. I used to wear his sweater and down jacket in the winter just to keep me warm in those cold Toronto winters. That was how I handled that part. I had a colleagu whose husband died and she cleared out his closet before the first week had passed. It's different for each of us. There are no rules except to do what is best for you and don't worry about anything else.

Jojo mentioned a formal period of mourning. I think we would all be better off with that too. (Seems contradictory to what I said above, I know.) But, I've always thought that we should wear a black armband so that people might treat us more gently in response to the symbol of grief.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #50  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Happy weigh in day to me. Not sure what to expect as I was off program tracking for a whole week. I just tried to watch portions. I'm hoping for the best.

Light and love to you all.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #51  

morning all. Hope everyone had a great Mother's day. Had to get my blood work done this morning for my visit with cardio dr. next Wed.

Started deep cleaning my kitchen cabinets. I really need to downsize. Hubby went to visit his parents for the week, so I stayed home to clean.

BBL
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #52  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday.

It was quite for me so I pretended it was an ordinary Sunday I read the paper and watch the golf game. I did go out with my friend Catherine to Friendly for brunch and when we went inside a carnation was given out to all the woman customers along with a free ice cream cone coupon. When we were about 1/2 way though our waitress told us that a man with this family paid our bill. We told her to thank him and than when it was our turn to leave the waitress told us where he was sitting but, we had no idea who he was.

NANCY-I agree with the ladies each of us has her own way of getting rid of DH clothes and things. It took me several months and now I still have things like technical stuff my DH kept and I don't know how to use them. The church & dump don't want them so I have to get a junk man to get rid of it for a small fee.

JOJO-Congrats on your 1 lb loss and on Mother Day too.

PAULA-Thanks for the wonderful message you posted yesterday. I agree with you, with the Lord so many things in life even if they're impossible at the time will be accomplished with him on your side.

VICKIE-Hoping you had a great W-I this morning.

PAM-Hope everything went well at the blood test this morning.

Have to go have appointment with the podiatrist in a few minutes.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Started our new pages....
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote