Old 02-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #46  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're an inspiration. Thirty minutes sounds like a good exercise to me. I just did 10 yesterday.

JoJo, I hope Mark gets better quickly. That is odd about ya'll being more apt to colds and such after stopping smoking.

to EMs, Paula, and all of you yet to get here. I'm off to sub for the tennis coach.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

hey girls still no proper answer my blood test came back saying iron, kidneys, liver and cholestol was normal. My thyroid came back saying it is still over abit it has come down abit from last time when i was on 100mg a day but it is still saying im abit over on 75mg a day im so confused as i am still having underactive thyroid symptoms so my doctor is looking up thyroid dissorders now and in the mean time i have to take my temperture 10 times in one day and record it and let him know what they said when he rings me about what he is going to do next about the thyroid.
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Good Morning Losers....

Yesterday was day 18 for me. I had lost 13 lbs. since starting but have been the same weight for 4 days now. But still encouraged. At first I micromanaged, then let up a bit...stopped using precise measurements, etc. Back to micromanaging today.
dunwitfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems81wales View Post
hey girls still no proper answer my blood test came back saying iron, kidneys, liver and cholestol was normal. My thyroid came back saying it is still over abit it has come down abit from last time when i was on 100mg a day but it is still saying im abit over on 75mg a day im so confused as i am still having underactive thyroid symptoms so my doctor is looking up thyroid dissorders now and in the mean time i have to take my temperture 10 times in one day and record it and let him know what they said when he rings me about what he is going to do next about the thyroid.
Soy can affect thyroid function. Check the amount of soy you are getting and let your doc know.
dunwitfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #50  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the grace on my weight change but I will feel better if I keep my diet healthy...

I am going to go back to my 5 to 6 mini meals with high protein & fiber .
That will work well at the hospital also.. It makes me feel better when I am eating right. My joints really feel it when I eat salty/ fatty things..

Sitting around the house today with Robin & 2 kids..One arrives tonight..
This is the closest to normalcy that we have had in 2 months ...It feels great.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #51  

Hi ladies.

jojo, hope Robert feels better soon. I quit smoking over 17 yrs ago. I wish my other family members would quit smoking. We have so many in our family that have passed with lung cancer. I have my closest cousin that is stage 4 lung cancer and I'm just hoping he can hold on until I can see him in June. The dr. gave him a year recently and he is taking an experimental drug and the cancer has not grown, so maybe the drug is helping. Funny about my sis. When we were kids, we fought all the time. Hated each other and never thought we would be close. Now we are best of friends. Guess we just needed to grow up.

Nancy, glad you are feeling some normalcy right now. Smaller meals are good. Getting enough protein to keep you satisfied is the key.

ems, I've had my thyroid checked and they say it's normal, although it's on the low end of normal. Hope you get some answers soon.

Paula, I never shop at Ace except when we run there for a quick trip, since Home Depot is further away. I will check out the paint the next time I'm there.

Sandra, you have been doing great with your bike. 10 minutes is 10 minutes more than I did, lol.

Rhonda, what time did you get to sleep? Are you from Egypt?

dunwitfat, 13 lbs in 18 days is fabulous.

More bathroom work today. Did I say I'm getting sick of this? Well, I am. We take one step forward and 2 steps back. I will be so glad when it's done, but it won't be any time soon.

Last edited by pam920; 02-11-2011 at 03:46 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi:

Pam, no, I'm not from Egypt. I was born in Texas, lived in Canada and also lived in Israel for about one year. My late husband was Israeli. What happens in Egypt is very important to the world, and I'm fascinated by the process of political change.

Jojo, so sorry your DH is sick.

Nancy, I'm so glad you have some normalcy. I know you're enjoying it.

I went to the gym and to tap dancing today. Then, I went to my old home town for a funeral (didn't phone, Sandra; knew you were teaching and we were in and out, not staying). The traffic was awful.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #53  

Height: 5' 10"

Ems, how long have you been hypothyroid? I was diagnosed around 10 years ago. If you are still having symptoms you should ask your Dr to increase your dosage. The normal range for me (not sure if its TSH, T3 or T4) is between 2 and 5. I need to be on the low end - close to 2 to feel good. My dr is more concerned about how I feel rather than just the number.

Did your Dr reduce your meds? I've never seen that - not only am I hypo, so is my mom, 1 brother, 2 sisters and a niece. None of us have ever reduced dosage. If anything your thyroid function continues to slow, not improved.
HTH.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #54  

Ems, you might look at the Mayo Clinic website about thyroid. Their site is very imformative.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:18 AM   #55  

My heart is full because my house is full of loved ones !!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 AM   #56  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Ems Don't worry love, the thyroid is a strange beast. It can swing from one pole to another and sometimes it takes a while to stabalise drug dosages.Rhonda's advice is the best you can get, look up the Mayo site it will really help. My mum was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid 7 years ago. I completely missed it (some nurse eh?)

Mark is on an antibiotic. He has had a good 3 years sailing through winters but this year the bronchitis has laid him low. He was coughing just like a seal barking so I didn't know whether to give him an inhalation or throw him a fish
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

what is soy dunwitfat?

Thanks ladies for all the advice i have had hypothyorid since 1998 but they didnt treat it until 2001/2002 and for the last year they have been saying it has gone abit high and wanted to reduce my meds but i said no as i was still always tired and depressed and weight was going up and up. So eventually they said in november were reducing it from 100mg a day to 75mg a day andsince then iv been really tired again and consitpated and thats symptoms of hypothyroid so they took my blood again and they said yesterday its still high but lower than when it was on 100 but surly if it was hyper abit id be dropping the weight but im not im struggling to loose a lb a week. so they are investigating now im so confused Il have a look at that site though thanks for the infor everyone xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #58  

Good morning:

Sandra? Where are those bikes?!

Ems, Jojo is right. The thyroid is very strange, so don't despair. I had a thyroid infection in 1995 and, even though later tests said all was fine, I didn't feel fine for quite a while. I'll bet that the doctors are working hard for you.

Jojo, can't he have BOTH a fish and an inhalation. I mean, just as long as he doesn't inhale the fish, he should be OK.

Nancy, that's just wonderful. I will be cheered for you and Robin and your family.

BBL
Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #59  

Height: 5' 10"

Mmmmm, baked french toast with bananas. Great start to the day after a great workout. Happy Saturday!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #60  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm just stopping in to say hello. Lots going on here and no time to breathe.

I just checked the pages quickly and I'm relieved to find that all is right for now in each of your worlds. Congratulations on the pounds off and kudos to those of you who are eating right and exercising.

Now THERE'S something I need to recommit to!

Light and love.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote