Old 01-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #61  

Height: 5' 10"

Maryann - hate to tell you this. But an Alberta Clipper is fridged air coming down from Canada. Usually brings temps close to 0. Sorry
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

I'm not sure I could just eat 1/2 the pizza. I'll check them out at the store and maybe I'll give it a try and see. I got home too tired to walk today. I know that's when I should really really get out there and do it anyway, but here I sit. Tomorrow we have 2 basketball games to watch. Our dgg's are playing. Should be fun.

JoJo, you have some really nice neighbors. I am continually impressed. I'm also impressed with your drying clothes w/o a dryer. We don't even have clothes lines any more. Sometimes I miss the freshness they offer--but then I remember how lazy I am.

Ems, I know you're disappointed, but try to hang in there. You should have a good payoff on the scales next week.

Paula, come on down! But you'd best hurry. We're expecting an "arctic blast" next week. Down here in Texas we don't get too bored with the weather because it's changing so often. Some of our plants are budding. I hope they don't get too much of a set back.

Maryann, sounds like you're really catching it, too.

Last edited by ontarget; 01-28-2011 at 07:03 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #63  

Height: 5'4"

Jojo I love clothes dryed in the air.

One day I want a cottage in the country with a few chickens & a dog & cat and
a clothes line ..the simple life..

Robin has a 99.9 temp and we have to go to the ER if it hits 100.5.
pray it comes down , not up.
He is having a tough time today with his throat, diarrhea & now temp.

Last edited by nancy237; 01-28-2011 at 09:22 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

Nancy, you and Robin are in my prayers.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #65  

temp went up to 100.2 and then down to 99.9 and then 98.9
Praise God..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, I just sent a prayer up for you and Robin. Hang in there!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:40 AM   #67  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

I thought the snow we had was bad enough, but you are having the grand daddy of bad weather.

I can't wait for my weigh in tomorrow, I feel as if I have lost a fair amount this week. All I've done, is walking a mile everyday and my exercises that the fitness coach gave us all last Monday. You would laugh Rhonda, very tame exercises compared to yours, but its a start.

I'm breaking in a new laptop and still not comfy with it. So will quit while I'm ahead.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #68  

Happy Saturday. I just posted a receipe to the Breakfast thread. I made a baked french toast - its really yummy and all on SFT. Quiet weekend ahead - taking dd to karate then maybe we'll go get our nails done. Her birthday party is next month so we could look for stuff for that ---- or not. I may need to climb up on the snow banks at the end of our driveway and shovel them back, its really tough to see backing out.

Nancy, prayers said for Robin.

Jojo, enjoy the laptop. I do need to get a new computer soon. The one I'm on now is probably 6 years old. I got it when my dd was a baby - she's turning 8. I think its time before it dies.

Well, gonna finish my breakfast and get some laundry going.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I dead lifted 162 pounds yesterday

BBL
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #70  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm calling you next time we need to move furniture. You're amazing!

JoJo, I love your excitement for wi. Let us know your payoff. Sounds like it will be super.

Paula, I need a new laptop, too. Mine is several years old and even has a bit of tape on it now. I'm going to be very upset when it dies.

We're off in a bit to watch the dgg's play basketball. Should be a fun day. BBL
Old 01-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #71  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. We are having a hum dinger of a week and NO time for computer. I'll be back when I can.

We have a huge storm coming next week on Tuesday, our biggest of the year, so I'm sure I'll be at home and in front of the computer with plenty of time to talk.

Hugs.

Vickie
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Hey everyone hope your all well and the snow aint to bad over there. It is getting cold again over here in the UK.

Thanks for the support sandra i hope i have a loss next week or il be mad hehe

I really fancy a pizza now after reading this hehe xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #73  

we are tackling the tile work today. We are really dragging on this project and it's time to get a move on. My sis and I made a trip to Home Depot yesterday and she ran the cart into my baby toe, and it's not broken but badly bruised. So, there goes my walking for a few days.

Rhonda, all I can say is wow!!! I am such a weakling.

Vicki, see ya on Tuesday, which means my sis will get that weather on Wednesday.

ems, chin up and move on. I know the feeling. I had a couple really small losses myself.

jojo, congrats on new laptop.

Sandra, have fun at the game.

off to find Paula's recipe. It's past noon here and only had a banana. Forgot to eat breakfast.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #74  

Ems - just checked out your picture.WOW! Amazing transformation! Keep up the great work.

Well, after going to the gym this morning and shoveling the same mound of snow twice - I earned 13 activity points today! I did an hour on the elliptical first thing this morning. Then I spent 45 minutes moving the mound of snow at the end of our driveway so I could see getting out and I had to shovel a path for the oil guy or he won't come. Took DD to get pedicures and realized I moved the top of the giant mound into the one place I had any chance seeing down the road. So, when we got back, I had to move that snow again! For every 10 minutes of snow shoveling its 1 point.

Honestly, If I don't ever earn another point for shoveling snow I'll be a happy woman. Unfortunatly our weekly storm pattern is keeping up - possibility of another 12 inches next Wed. This is on top of the 3-4 feet already on the ground. UGH!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Paula, do you know about high intensity interval training? You can find info on the internet. It is supposedly the best approach on treadmill and elliptical. My trainer says the only important thing is how hard are you working. That might seem commonsensical, but it means don't coast, work.

Now, I need to get myself back on the elliptical for some serious work also. It's not enough to be strong.

I did some exercises yesterday that were fun and got my heart rate up. They were done with a weighted, soft medicine ball. In one, I simply rolled it fast on the floor of the squash court, then chased it and did it all again...back and forth, back and forth until I couldn't do it again. Then, I stood with my back to the wall, close to the wall, and slammed the ball into the wall while twisting to side to side. Both were fun and exhausting.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote