Old 11-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, my "cold" lasted about 8 days. I still have a very stuffy nose. The flu vaccine is made with "killed" flu virus, so you cannot get the flu from the vaccine. Some people do feel bad after the shot, but docs say that if you get the flu after a shot it is because you had already been exposed and were about to get sick anyway. I hope you feel better soon.

Sandra, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Froufie, sorry about your gain. Salty foods cause me problems, too.

Maryann, sounds like you've got a plan! Hope all goes smoothly for you.

Rhonda, does your new trainer know you used to go for younger men?

Jojo, what do you mean by "keeping her" when you wrote about Kate? When will the wedding take place?

Vickie, how does the carpet look?

GTG get a snack. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Sloan, thank you for the explanation on flu shots and flu. I was wondering if shots could make you sick.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:12 AM   #18  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning everyone.

I'm feeling more with it and certainly more focussed on the diet this week. Looking for a 2lb loss on Saturday.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, early fog cleared away by lunchtime to leave clear blue skies. It was lovely walking the dog.

I went to see my mum... she was well away. Accused me of telling lies about her and arranging for an old man to come into her room and wet her bed!

Today we are having a lazy day. Just doing the usual things. Nothing too strenuous planned.

All TV channels, radio and papers are full of this forthcoming royal wedding.

Have a good day everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Sorry for my absence. I have yet another busy day today but Thursday should be better.

The carpeting is in and it is beautiful. It is just SOOOOO much darker than I usually install. It makes the room feel warm and inviting and cozy which is good in a Family Room. My eye will get used to it soon. The installation was uneventful and the installer was talented and charming. How often does that happen. Thank you universe for sending him to me!

Off to the dentist!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #20  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're having a heavy cloudy/rainy day,it feels like its evening instead of Wed Morn..
Went to Walmart yesterday and I bought two sets of sweats for my recoup of the surgery.I also found a neat tote bag that would fit my purpose for traveling. Its really used as a PC holder,but the two sections one for my hand bag items and the other for my lunch & snacks for the trip. It has all sorts of pockets on the side for cell phone, water bottle etc.

Haven't heard from my bed company yet, I must call them and get that date set up,so I can start working on getting my love-seat moved. So many things to do with such a small period of time to get it done,now that I will be gone for a week for TG and than 2 weeks for the Christmas/New Years. Got my doctor pack yesterday and they have me set for pre-ops 1/5 and I come home 1/4.Now my reg doc called and told me that I can have my blood test and x rays on 12/20 2 days before I go down to NY again.

FROUFY-I love walking along the beach but i have walked over a month. and I miss doing that. When I went to the beach I sat on a bench talking with my friends.

SANDRA-Its getting overwhelming now.I haven't heard from any of them and I getting anguish,as I leave this Monday for NY and won't return until a week later.

SLOAN-Thanks ,but it doesn't look like my plan is working.No one is returning my calls.

JOJO-Crossing my fingers that you lose the 2 lbs by Saturday.Hope you have a restful day.

VICKIE-WOW your carpeting does sound beautiful,what colors did you choose????? I had my carpets steamed cleaned a year ago and they looked like brand new carpets so I'm going to keep them.

Have to go, have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #21  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Morning chickies - well almost afternoon? (time for lunch?).

Feeling crappy these days - not sure why (probably because of 'uninvited hormonal fluctuations) - yes call dr re unexpected period - tried to move my dec appt up - ya got an appt a week earlier? Well that's not going to help. Asked to have dr call me tomorrow (when she is in) to discuss (need to need if I should stop prescription? continue? new prescription?) I think this is stressing me out a bit?

Ate too much while watching Biggest Loser ....and dared not get on the scale this morning. Have weight training tonight - there is also a 'scheduled' talk on 'bladder health' which I may go to depending on how I am feeling (exercise from 5 - 6:15 - talk from 7 - 9 pm - across town!). No bladder issues yet but from what I am hearing it is not uncommon.

Sandra - glad you are feeling better. Love the 'buttered popcorn' rice cakes - pretend I'm eating the real thing!

Maryann - beach walking is a favorite of mine - alas no 'beach' anywhere near me - counting the days til february when I shall be digging my toes in the sand and walking along some gorgeous carribean beaches!

Vickie - great news on the carpet - I usually hear all sorts of horror stories about those carpet installers....you are very lucky! Have fun at the dentist (is that even possible? )

Jojo - we here in Canada are also VERY interested in the royal wedding and this has been all over the news media as well. I love that Diana's ring is being passed on (I thought it looked familiar!).

So Sloan - what was your snack? Inquiring minds want to know!

Off to eat - I am so hungry today (this is not a good thing). Have tuna/egg salad and veggies in the fridge at work but that is not appealing to me - might have to go downstairs and check out Subway or ???
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi:

Sloan, yes the new trainer knows my penchant for younger men He laughed today when I showed up saying "you came back?!" My quads are screaming since Monday. Today we did a lot of core work, so by tonight I'll be hurting all over.

Frouf, congrats on the plank. It's a good one to do, as I know you know. I did some today, and one like this: lie on your side more or less, one leg out, one leg drawn up at the knee, foot on the floor. The arm on the same side as the drawn up leg goes up and forward, clutching a weight (8 pounds in my case). Then you move your body up and forward to a sitting position, keeping your hand with the weight in front of you. Do that 10 times on each side. Killer.

So, my diet has been OK, not great. But, nothing to be upset about.

Jojo, I watched part of the interview on CNN. I wish them good luck. When I was in the second grade, living in small town Texas, our teacher took us to her house to watch Queen Elizabeth's coronation. Imagine that, a bunch of Texas kids.

I am now going to take a nap. I also tap danced for about two hours today. Tired!

Last edited by Tejas; 11-17-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I saw the coronation at Doyle and my grandmother's house. I remember it well. Thank you for the memories.

Frouf, I've been hungry today, too. What's with us?

Vickie, I'm glad all went well and you're walking on clouds. We need new carpet but are putting it off.

JoJo, I'm happy for you being back on track. I'm looking forward to reading about your weightloss Saturday.

"Survivor" tonight. Life is good.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #24  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Ate too much - as usual

Now I have to go make some lo cal recipe thing for my TOPS meeting tomorrow night (like I really want to be in the kitchen right now!). Need to find calorie/nutritional info as well (I was just looking thru my core recipes and found that chocolate banana muffin recipe which looks okay and real deal is I think I have all the ingredients - ha ha ha). Now to figure out calories and stuff, wish me luck!

And Rhonda - that does sound like a killer move! Will have to try it out (and proud to add another 1 minute plank to my accomplishments! along w/2 sets of 8 - men's pushups!) OUCH!

P.S To heck with making muffins - found something I always wanted to try - roasted chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) - found recipe and nutritional info on sparkpeople.com - in the oven now - with lots of seasonings -hmmm maybe I have discovered a new great snack?

Last edited by Froufy; 11-17-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Frouf, let us know how you like the snack.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Froufy, oh yes, those military style pushups are rough. I can do 45 modified pushups and only 10 "real" ones. Next, try putting your feet up on a platform. Yowza!

Roasted chick peas are great...also toasted soy beans..yummy.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:52 AM   #27  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning all!

We had a 'good for you' low fat pasta bake last evening, and very nice it was too, but I've been up all night with indigestion.

Yesterday afternoon, we went for a drive through one of the forests near us. It is a huge one, with small towns and villages in it. Also, some old lead and silver mines. Henry VIIth used to hunt there regularly and some of the dear and boar must be descendants from his time. The leaves were breathtaking, the colours were so beautiful. We stopped a little tea room for tea and scones NO CREAM for me.

It was a lovely, unexpected treat.

Any news on Nancy's virus? She has my sympathy. I rarely get ill, but it flattened me.

How's Beachbum's knee?

Have a good day everyone. Our TV adverts are all for Christmas. It's getting on my tripe, is it the same with you?
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #28  

Hey guys..

I am 90 % well..

DH helped me clean yesterday ..

My DD came in from Ca last night and my youngest son will be here
tonight and then the other son tomorrow. I've done most of my grocery shopping already and I am going to make a few dishes ahead tomorrow for our early Thanksgiving meal on Saturday.

The turkey I got was 14 pounds and frozen. Do you think it will thaw in time to
roast on Sat ??? I have always bought fresh before , but this one was .39 per pound so I got it.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #29  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shinning this morning,and it looks like a nice day for Card playing this afternoon. Going to the market to pick up fruit bowls and diet orange dry soda that the gang loves. Its my DGS birthday today he's 7 year old and I can't believe where the time goes.Tomorrow is going to be my SIL birthday,and our anniversary of 44 years. Its going to be a happy/sad mix this weekend for me.

Well I'm going to get my bags packed on Saturday and than buy Breakfast & Lunch for the trip down to NY. Really getting excited now,as the trip in now a reality. Have to concentrate and be alert this time around,now that I taking a new route. Still not sure about the way I have to pick up my tickets. They call it the Quick-Trak[print this confirmation page,scan the bar cod under the scanner below the keypad,touch the print tickets button] Hope that there a clerk around if I get nervous and I hit the wrong thing.

Froufy-We always lived by the water and beaches and when we moved up here that was the one hing we looked forward to is to be walking along the beach.

JOJO-My knee is fine I guess resting & cold compresses are working,along with the brace that I used continuously. Still going to have my surgery in Jan and pre-ops in Dec.

I have to go and get ready for my canasta card party this afternoon
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Hi, all. I had a grand time today subbing then rehearsing for the Christmas play. The kids are super!!

JoJo, your woods' visit sounds like such fun. Curtis and I used to take walks/hikes in the woods in Montana. I love being out with nature.

Rhonda, it makes me wince just thinking of push ups.

Nancy, I don't have a clue about thawing turkeys. Did you google your queston? That's how I usually find out info.

I had an NSV this AM. A fellow teacher I hadn't seen in a long time asked me if I hadn't lost a lot of weight. Life is good!!