Old 07-31-2010, 09:43 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

Rhonda.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone:

I've got a few minutes here and will catch up. First, I can see that if I'm not careful, I'll put on a lot of weight here in Toronto. I've been out to one of my favorite places for brunch and was moderate (brie omellette and whole grain toast) but, boy, I want to eat everything! I'll rein it in.

It's perfect weather here, is a holiday weekend and there's lots going on it the city. I'm content to just walk around and feel the city's pace, and don't need too much to entertain myself with.

Kyra is much better, at home, eating just enough to be able to take her medications. The vets didn't charge us a thing, and they've worked very hard and admitted their error.

Sloan, I looked at the website. That is a cute idea to feature their "artists." I'm going to suggest that to the gallery where I am taking classes. They have posted our pictures with our work on a bulletin board, but what fun it would be to be on their website.

I hope you're all having a good day!

BBL,
Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-01-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Chickies, my first oil painting class was awesome. We spent 4 hours learning the basics, sketching our picture, and painting sky with clouds. I learned so much!

Rhonda, tell me again what classes you are taking at your "art gallery".

Sandra, I'm praying for you and Curtis. I hugged DH for you!

Mandy, congrats!

Maryann, enjoy your company.

Nancy, hope you have a safe trip to Boone. I did a two day watermelon detox, and I lost 4 pounds of fluid overnight! I ate only watermelon for two days.

Today, I'm finishing the curtains in two rooms, DD is coloring and cutting my hair, and DH is working on a "honey do" list. I'll check in later.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #49  
focused and aiming

Sloan, a watermelon detox sounds yummy. Was it difficult to do for 2 days? Thank you for the prayers. We're anxious to get to the hospital and "get'er done."

Rhonda, that's good news about Kyra--and about the vet. Enjoy your stay.

We went to church then out to lunch with "the bunch" today afterwards. Curtis has been mowing and doing other chores readying for his hospital stay.

I'm OP.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi again:

I've had a great day. I didn't eat anymore until just now and I had a big green salad. I did have a glass of white wine also.

Sloan, I took three classes: finding your medium; stained glass; and mosaics. I'm not a painter, but may have some drawing skills. I loved the glass and mosaics and will take more classes. I fancy myself to be a craftsperson who might be able to sell some work.

Nancy, I wanted to buy a pick-up but your comment may have convinced me not to!

Night all,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, two rooms of curtains down, one to go. My plan is to finish them tomorrow along with a little more organization/de-cluttering. I have to go to school on Tuesday, so it's back to the grind.

Rhonda, my DB and SIL used to do some stained glass. They were actually pretty good. Sounds like you have found your "medium".

Sandra, the watermelon detox was not hard. I was not even hungry. The only problem I had was that by the end of day two I felt kinda funny. I can't really describe it. I just did not feel good. The next morning I had a core breakfast and "came around" pretty quickly.

Do any of you watch the series "Mad Men"? DH and I started watching it after seeing a marathon of the third season a couple of weeks ago. My new avatar is from their web site where you can create an avatar of yourself and then choose scenes to appear in. It is a hoot!

I hope y'all are having a great night. See ya tomorrow!

Last edited by sloanie; 08-01-2010 at 11:29 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

Sloan, love your avatar! You're a cutie.

Rhonda, sounds like you're back on track.

I don't know if I could just eat watermelon for 2 days. I'm just not that strong. Sloan, I'm impressed you could do it.