Old 06-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #31  

Wow, I think I would starve on 1200 calories. As it is, I get 36 points a day. I'm not sure how many calories that works out to, but I'm willing to bet it's way over 1200. I know it makes my mom crazy that she only gets 20 points to my 36. I am younger, about 4 inches taller, and am exclusively breastfeeding my little guy though, so that's the difference.

We are getting into a summer routine here. The girls are a little frustrated at being stuck near home during little guy's naptimes, but they're being pretty good sports about it.

And, Miles finally had his 2 month well baby check (at 10 weeks) and he's 13 lbs, 12 oz, 24" long, and very healthy.

I'm off to rest before bed. Nighty night!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes, 1200 feels like starving at times!

You shouldn't do it anyway, Angela, as you know. Great stats on the baby!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! Glad you are all doing well despite life's trials and tribulations. I'm up early to go have blood work and a ct scan. I see the Nephrologist next week so it's stuff for her. Prayers that my kidney have improved or at least stayed the same.

It's hot and humid here. We hope to swim today or tomorrow. Wee Brodie will not like being left inside but there is no alternative.

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Vickie; 06-18-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #34  

I was 146 this am.. When I eat salty I gain a few pounds so that explains the 148 yesterday. So 141 is my 5 pound mark..

Vickie.. Prayers today for all good results..

Angela..When I breast fed I got up in the middle of the night every night for an extra meal..

I have a cold my son gave me ..

Last edited by nancy237; 06-18-2010 at 10:50 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #35  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just go home from walking with my friend. We wanted to go for coffee but our water alert is still on. The e-coli is gone but they now say the bacteria is still in the water.Going to be muggy and hot, have my 3 a/c's going ,to cool the downstairs,and having a go, to get the humidity out.

Yesterday another friend of mine and I went to see Sherk,it was cute,and after that we went for pizza.Had to take bottle soda as the fountains were forbidden also.

We were suppose to play canasta this afternoon but my friend took ill with tummy aches so, we cancelled the cards until further notice.

Have to get my clothes washed some time today,and tackle my kitchen and bath floors also before I start watching the 2nd day of the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament at Torrie Pines.

SLOANE-Its horrible that the people of this town are going though this,when they had lots of chances to clean up[Geese feces] the area around our water supply.Why do they always wait until sometime happens instead of taking prevented courses.

SANDRA-I'm going to purchase one for I believe that its going to happen again. Looks like the officials are getting scared that tourism is going to be at a low this year.

NANCY-Sodium is my problem also,have to read label's contently.Hope you make your 5 lbs mark,getting hot and humid here and I'll be lucky if I can get the sodium flushed out without my water.Right now I have two bottles of water I have to boil some more.

Have a great day as I going to watch the golf tournament at Torrie Pines.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #36  

I got up and got a few things done but I am going back to bed with this cold today.. Just took an Alka Seltzer Cold (sp?)

Sloan ... Only up side to being sick is less appetite !!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #37  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone, just thought I'd swing by and post. I've been stopping by now and again to read and keep up with everyone.

Sloan, so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Its been almost 2 years since we lost my dad, its a tough time of year. HUGS to you.

It interesting to read the recent posts about counting calories. I've been doing just that since April 25th, and in that time I've lost 16 pds!!!!!! WOO HOO for me. I'm almost where I was 2 years ago -- and it feels great. The "my fitness pal" site is what I've been using. It does add the calories for my workouts. So, where 1200 calories is my base, I get extra if I work out. So if I take a long walk I might add 200 calories. The base calories was determined by the site based on my "routine", age and current weight. It has an option to determine what you want to loose per week - I set it at 1 1/2 pounds. The one big difference is counting actual calories compared to WW points is that there isn't any free foods. If I have something that is high fiber but 80 calories, WW would say its 0. But its still 80 calories.

As far as sticking to 1200 -- once I got used to it its not bad. I eat tons of veggies and healthy protein. More fish now than before.

Good luck to you all if you switch!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Paula, on losing 16 pounds! That's a lot since late April. You get kudos, my friend.

Nancy, take care of that cold. Congrats to you, too, for being down 2 pounds today.

Maryann, I hope your water probs are completely over before your family arrives.

Vickie, I hope you get a good report on your kidneys. Keep us posted, please.

I am sunburned. We worked in the yard today, trained, and set out a trotline in our pond. We caught 4 large catfish by the time we were finished getting it set. Those are the fish we're donating to the church fishfry. I think we'll be all right with eating them.

I'm op.

Last edited by ontarget; 06-18-2010 at 05:06 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #39  

Hi All:

Good to hear from you Paula, and congratulations on 16 pounds since April. That's inspiring.

DH said today that NS is teaching him that he was eating too much. That's a milestone. He's lost 6 pounds, even with the cheating. I'm not going to weigh for another week.

I went to aquafit to learn that the teacher has been told she has to quit because she is allergic to the bromine in the air of the enclosed pool. She could continue if we were outside, but, we're not. She will teach spin cycle, which might mean that I will actually get back to that. I like her a lot. She is really sad because she loves the water fitness. But, it's quit or damage her lungs.

We're going out for dinner, and I'll exercise great control!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I've been busy running around with my mom and sis, so I've not gotten one thing done at my house. DH has been doing trim all day. I have to brag on him and say that eventhough he took the week of for us to work around the house, he has told me that I should concentrate on my mom and not worry about things around here. He's my hero!

Nancy, I was 137.2 this morning. I went out to lunch with my mom and sis, but I was careful. I will post my food on s.... people later to see where I stand. I'll keep ya posted. Sorry about your cold, but I think I'd rather be hungry than sick

Paula, congrats on the wt loss! That's awesome Thanks for your kind words about my dad. I remember when your dad was sick and then passed. It's tough, isn't it?

Vickie, glad to hear that you are getting to swim. It seems like you did not too much pool time last summer, so maybe this is a good sign. Prayers for your kidneys

Maryann, is your friend's stomach problem related to the water? I hope not. Try to keep cool!!!

Sandra, are you having to clean those fish? Yuk!!!

Rhonda, sorry to hear about your "water" friend. Maybe you'll enjoy the spin class just as well.

Angela, when I count points, I get 19 , so staying at 1200 calories is not too bad. Breast feed as long as you can. It really helps with wt. loss.

I've got some things to do, so I've got to get off here. I'll be back to give Nancy a report on my calories. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you and Doyle have a good time tonight.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #42  

Oh boy, if I had eaten everything on my plate I would have had 1200 calories for dinner alone. But, I didn't. DH bought chocolate-covered potato chips! Can you imagine that?! He like chips, I like chocolate. There go the 6 pounds he lost!!

I'm stuffed. Thank goodness I exercised today and feel a little virtuous. The restaurant was 4 star, 5 minutes from here, and on 4 secluded, wooded acres. It's very European and very NOT Texas. Loved it.

I put up new birdfeeders finally. Sandra, the one you gave us is holding whole peanuts for the Jays. It took the birds about 5 seconds to find the new feeders, but they're still mostly hanging around the original one, not far away.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 PM   #43  

Tonight we are watching "The Book of Eli". I'll post my review tomorrow. Has anyone seen it?

Nancy, I've had 1200 calories today. I'm kinda hungry but am resolute.

Night everyone!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #44  
beachbum

HI LADIES

THIS WEEKEND IS GOING TO A A HOT & MUGGY ONE AS I GUESS THE A/C'S WILL BE OPERATING AGAIN. GOING TO TRY TO GET OUT TO DO MY WALKING EARLY ENOUGH.

THE WATER SUPPLY BACTERIA MIGHT BE LIFTED BY TONIGHT.DIDN'T PLAY CANASTA YESTERDAY,ONE OF THE GIRLS IS INFECTED WITH THE TUMMY/INTESTINAL VIRUS.

HAVE LAST MINUTE THINGS TO DO BEFORE MY SISTER COMES UP,AND THAN HAVE A 2 DAY BREATHER UNTIL MY DD ARRIVES WITH HER FAMILY.

NANCY-SORRY YOU'RE NOT FEELING WELL HOPE YOU COLD DOESN'T SPREAD TO ANOTHER INFECTION.

PAULA-THAT FANTASTIC LOSING 16 LB SINCE APRIL.YOU'RE OUR WEIGHT LOSS QUEEN.THANKS FOR THE INFO. I DO THAT ALSO SUBTRACTING THE CALORIES BURNED FROM THE CALORIES EATEN.BUT I HAVEN'T LOST LIKE YOU HAVE.BIG CONGRATS I'M TRYING TO EAT FISH ONCE A WEEK.

SANDRA-I'M HOPING FOR THAT ALSO,MY SISTER TOLD ME NOT TO TELL HER WHAT GOING ON UP HERE.SHE BRINGS HER OWN FOOD FOR THE KIDS AND HAS PLENTY OF BOTTLED WATER.THAT ALL THEY DRINK.

SLOAN-SHE BELIEVES THAT THE TUMMY/INTESTINAL TRACT INFECTION IS DUE TO THE WATER,AND HOPE TO BE A MY BIRTHDAY PARTY THIS TUES. BOTTLE WATER IS JUMPING OFF THE SHELVES,BUT IT GET EXPENSIVE TO USE IT FOR LAUNDRY AND BATHING. JUST USING IT FOR DRINKING.LIKE I SAID OVER THE BAND SHOULD BE LEFT BY TONIGHT

GETTING HUNGRY GOING TO HAVE MY BREAKFAST,WILL BE BACK LATER

HUGS..MARYANN
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #45  

Mornin' chicks, the movie was good but very violent. It was set in a post-apocolyptic time with Denzel Washington in possession of the only Bible in the world. Very thought provoking.

Nancy, I'm at 136.6 this morning. Probably a little water loss. Do you want to weigh daily and post or should we post our weights weelky? Hope you're feeling better!

Maryann, sounds like you are going to be busy. I know you are going to enjoy your company!

Got to get my busy day started, TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 06-19-2010 at 10:16 AM.