Old 05-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! I've been crazy busy but reading your posts. I don't have much time today, but I wanted to say:

Sandra, I'm so proud of you! You're right, it does take courage to post our weight. It is very personal, and it's natural to want to keep it to ourselves. I think having the courage to post it is a VERY important first step.

I'll try to check in sometime this weekend. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Sloan. I was hesitant about doing it, but am glad I did. I hope all is settling down for you now that school's winding down.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Paula, it's good to see you here. Congratulations on being so close to goal.

Nancy, that's sort of what I've done. I don't even know what my final goal is now. I'm just focusing on the first 10.

Maryann, I wish I could picnic and walk with you. Wouldn't that be fun?

Rhonda, Curtis and I drove out to "Old Foamy" this evening. We were just riding around in the country.

Well, Chickies. I'm op.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #34  

Height: 5'4"

Sandra...It does seem better seeing that I am closer to this goal...
You and I have only 3-4 pounds to meet our next goal... I bet we are there
sometime in June...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's a grand day. I have been so busy but have a few minutes this morning. We are having some visitors to meet Brodie tonight so I have to straighten up things around here and vacuum.

I haven't been on program but I am trying to exercise portion control and common sense. Is that still being on program? I'm supposed to be back on program but I'm having a hard time doing so. I may have one more splurge.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

Welcome Nee Naw! You're from Scotland...how COOL is that?! Land of the sweet little doggies that I have loved so much all of my life. I'm usually here ALL the time but my husband and I just got a new little Scottie puppy and we are VERY busy dodging puppy shark teeth and walking him outside. I'm not completely on Core at the moment but I am a devotee. I'm currently doing a modified Core/Jenny Craig/counting calories. As you can see, I've a lot more to lose but am not giving up this time. I hope you enjoy our little group. We stay together no matter the program but all believe that Core is the healthiest way to eat. I loved those oatmeal pancakes. They were one of my favorites. I may have to dust off some of my Core recipes. That would make a yummy lunch for me. I hope you'll stay and post often. We love welcoming new chicks to the fold! What did you end up eating at the Italian restaurant? I would have recommended minestrone soup and marinara on whole wheat pasta. Maybe a side salad.

Angela, Miles is a very handsome boy. You have that Iowa farmgirl look and he could be the Gerber baby. How are you feeling? You said you were a bit concerned about post birth. I think about you often. How did you get Miles picture to post inside the box? All my pictures end up being too big.

Sandra, good for you for being back on program. I'm sick of being stuck where I am. I have two more splurges between now and May 29th. After that, May 30th is back to hard core business for me.

Mary Ann, I'm glad to hear that you are starting to enjoy your life with your new friends. Simple pleasures are the best.

Nancy, how is Robin doing? More importantly, how are you? You seem like you are in a very reflective place lately. I think it's important for us to set smaller goals for ourselves, especially if we have a long way to go.

Paula, congratulations on getting back to where you can work on virgin weight again. it's a great feeling, isn't it?

Rhonda, what's new with you? You seem so focused to me. I could use help with that.

Time for breakfast chicks!
Rhonda,
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #37  

Hi ladies. My mom and I are going to join up at WW again today. For those of you who don't know, we both lost about 50 pounds a few years ago, and I got my Lifetime. I'm heavier now than when I started that adventure, but I know I can get it off again. Since I am nursing a newborn right now though, I'm going to take it very slow and just focus on healthy food choices and exercise. I'm excited!

Vickie, I was very concerned about postpartum depression, since I had it with each of the girls. But this time, thanks to some help from my pharmacy, I am fine! It's so amazing to feel like myself after having a baby. I just can't describe the relief I feel at not having to live through PPD again!

I'm not sure how I managed to post the picture the right size...it just did it? I host them on PhotoBucket...maybe they size them appropriately.

I'm off to pick up Mom and head over to WW...wish me luck!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi all...just passing through...we've had guests (someone I've known for over 40 years) and I'm in recovery mode. But, I thought I'd tell you that they are on a very low carb diet and my woman friend has lost 15 pounds in just a few months. She said that she is now on a plateau. But, what a plateau; she looks good!

I'm seeing Todd at 1PM for "legs." That always kills me. I can leg press 360 pounds 8 times now. Whew! Can't believe it really.

I need a nap!!!

Vickie, thanks for the list of NS favorites.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 05-22-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Vickie, Have a glorious, fun-filled birthday!!!

Nancy, I got kind of excited reading your post. We should reach our "goal" in June for sure.

Angela, you know I'm wishing you the best of success. And I'm sooooo glad you don't have PPD. That's awesome news.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-22-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 234/204/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all,
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, I love visiting this board as everyone is so friendly.

The meal was fantastic, I had chicken arrabiata (unfortunately no wholemeal pasta), no wine and lots of water.

The weather has been fantastic here for the last couple of days and Edinburgh in the late afternoon sun was just beautiful. I wish it could be like that all the time!!

Today has been a busy day tidying up the garden. I made a huge salad for lunch and WW chicken tikka for dinner. Neither of us are hungry which is always a good sign as we were terrible for snacking in the evening.

Hi Vickie Scotties are great wee dogs, I have a Jack Russell terrier myself and my brother breeds Border terriers, they are scruffy looking dogs but they have a great nature. Good luck with your puppy I know what you mean about the razor sharp teeth!!

Hope you have all had a good day.

Nee Naw

Last edited by Nee Naw; 05-22-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Nee Naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Nee Naw, I'm glad you had a good time. Enjoy your gardening. I'm going outside now to transplant strawberries into a wheelbarrow.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #42  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a very productive day yesterday.Have no idea where I go my energy from.I washed all the downstairs windows and will attempt the up stair ones today.Had too because all the little green sappy things that fly off the trees and stick to the car and house windows,along with the sneezing up a storm if these thing get up your nose.

This morning I went to get 8 tomato plants for my mini garden,decided to put plants 4[3 early girls & 1 big boy] in each barrel and the other two barrels I'm going to plant some red & yellow peppers.

Walked this morning for 35mins,lucky I got out early as the tourist are back and the beach parking lot was crowed.

VICKIE-Its your :BH: birthday today Hope it was a Happy one.One thing I learned that you have to move on and that's what I'm doing.My one friend and I have problem with one of the woman that we hang out with, she keeps on wanted to go out to a restaurant even for a bowl of soup we keep on telling her no. Have a feeling she not happy being at home alone. Told her that she has to take the first step and move forward and not look back.Have no idea whether she'll take my advice or not.

ANGELA-Wow congrats on your mom & you joining WW again. Wish the both programs would work for me,but my doctor feels low carbing is more for me to get this weight off.

RHONDA-That's a amazing about your friend losing 15-lbs on a LCD. I hope its in the cards for me to lose that much.Enjoy your guests.

NEE NAW-We have nice weather finally in the Cape,its been nice but the winds are the bad part as it can be a pain, trying to walk along the beach and battling the winds hitting your face. Now the winds are subsiding to more of a sea breeze. My BIL wife comes from Scotland,but I forget the town.She's been here in the states for well over forty years but she still has the accent. Glad you had a good time with your friends,and having lots of water, that's always good for any diet.

SANDRA-Loks like we have several gardeners.I with my tomatoes, you with your strawberries & Nee Naw busy with her garden.

Have to start my supper,see you guys some time tomorrow afternoon.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I have tomatoes, too. So far I've picked 1 but there are 3 turning red now and several still green. But strawberries are my main edibles. I filled the wheelbarrow with some I had in small strawberry pots. My roses look sick.

I got off program tonight. My fault. Well, of course, it's my fault. Nobody force fed me. What I didn't handle correctly was working in the yard well beyond dinnertime. I had too many calories when I finally ate.

Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #44  

oh dear...

I impulsively bought a 12 pack of something that I have no will power
over at the grocery store...

Why didn't I just buy a single pack of this evil thing????

So I have had 3 already at 170 calories each....
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Throw them OUT, Nancy!!

Happy Birthday, Vickie!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote