Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234/204/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone,
Has a good day today made oatmeal pancakes for breakfast and whole family loved them!! Pancakes are not a traditional breakfast here so it was a bit of a novelty.

Had a busy but enjoyable day at work and kept core all day.

hope everyone else has had a good day.

Nee Naw
Nee Naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Nee Naw, I'd love to have your oatmeal pancake recipe. Could you post it, please?

I am op!

Last edited by ontarget; 05-19-2010 at 08:46 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Aww, Nancy. That hurts! Good for Robin. Don't worry about your son; he's got a story to tell about how his mom spent his 18th birthday!

Sandra, the birds are just voracious right now...I can't keep them fed!

I, on the other hand, have been moderate in my eating today. I saw Todd and had a good workout. Then, I rode the , did the stair climber for 15 minutes, did push ups and sit ups, and aquafit. In all, I exercised for 2 hours this morning, including time to change clothes. I should be tired, but I'm not. I bet I'll sleep well!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #19  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The rain is gone and the sun is shinning:sun:,going out with some friends for a picnic in the park type of lunch,[bringing a sandwich & drink]and than walk on a trail from the woods to the ocean. so I get my walking done than and in the afternoon I have choir practice so I going to be a busy day for me.

Quote:
Maryann, I love to cook also, and I'm doing NS for a while just to support DH. If he doesn't need my support, then I'll go off. But, if my being on it helps him, I'm sure I can persevere for a few months.
RHONDA-Oh!! that's different, and it will be fun doing a diet together,Leo never believed in diets but he was very supportive even if I had to do it alone.

NANCY-Oh I'm so sorry about your fall,sending some prayers & hugs you way that you heal fast. You were lucky that you didn't break any bones. You have a wonderful DH to be with you at the ER for all those hours.

Quote:
Maryann, let us know how your Atkins pastry comes out. That sounds interesting. I read somewhere that folks should take sleeping pills 2 or 3 nights to get their bodies used to sleeping through the night then discontinue them. I haven't tried that. I just take a tablet occasionally (actually rarely).
SANDRA-The danishes come out fine the only thing the filling comes out of the bottom,so you have to be careful and put it on a plate and eat it instead of walking a round with them. We have told her several times to wean off of them,but she won't listen but than again it up to her.

NEE NAW- I used to make the oatmeal pancakes,and have a recipe from the South Beach Diet but now I make protein pancakes from soy whey protein powder.as I'm on a low carb diet.

Last edited by beach bum; 05-20-2010 at 07:53 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #20  

New picture...he's 6 weeks old here.

Have a great day!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #21  
beachbum

ANGELA

Thanks for sharing your photo with us of your new baby. He so precious,its brought tears to my eyes just thinking back when mine were that small.

Have a great day
Old 05-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Awwwwwwww, Angela. He's adorable. Thank you for sharing the photo with us. Makes me smile.

Rhonda, I'm doing a lot of feeding here, too. Thank goodness it's "for the birds."

Maryann, your day sounds fantastic. A picnic and a walk in the park. Awesome!

Vickie, what are you and Brodie up to today?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #23  

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone has had a good day. The Scottish weather has improved slightly and it looks like we are in for a nice weekend. I'm heading into Edinburgh tomorrow night with friends from work, we are eating Italian so any recommendations to stay OP would be gratefully appreciated.

Nee Naw
Old 05-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Nee Naw, all I can think to say is that you should stay away from alfredo sauces. Do you think the restaurant will have whole wheat pasta? Just wondering. Also, use your weekly allowance points if necessary. (I'm not really a good one to be giving advice.)
Old 05-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #25  

Thanks for the advice, I've tried really hard this week to stay op and I don't want to undo everything. I'm going to keep an eye on the alcohol intake as well.

ontarget - the oatmeal pancake recipe was the one you posted on the core breakfast page :-)
Old 05-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

How embarrassing. Guess I'm getting older than I'd thought. Just shows you how long it's been since I've made Core recipes.

Nee Naw, enjoy your evening. And use those WAP's.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-20-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #27  

Angela...That picture is wonderful. I love pictures of them sleeping..so peaceful..
I didn't think to get many photos of mine sleeping...I was probably
sleeping also!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #28  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a wonderful day with my lady friends,the weather was perfect and after with ate we took along water and than they helped me get some windshield washer in my car dispenser. I'm so dump when it comes to cars.That was Leo's job all the time.

Today I have condo business to take care of and than off to the beach and than grocery shopping.

SANDRA-We had a wonderful time,don't need restaurants when you can go out for lunch even on a park bench with sandwiches you made.

NEE NAW-I agree with Sandra keep away from the creamy alfredo sauces. and drink plenty of water to flush out the sodium in the tomato suace also.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #29  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies, just a quick check in. Things are going really well. I'm 5 pounds from goal #1. This will put me back to where I was maintining for a while (up until the past year when I went up more ) After that I'll focus on 5 pounds at a time. Right now I'm only 11 pounds from my WW goal weight.

Angela, Miles is adorable. Great picture!

Welcome Nee Naw! For suggestions -- try to stay away from pasta all together. There is a great italian restaurant we love to go to - they have a chicken catiatore that is vegetables and chicken in a red sauce. I order that without pasta - extra salad. See if they have something like that or maybe Italian style fish or chicken. HTH!

Sandra and Rhonda, sounds like you had a nice visit! Its about time!!!!

Maryanne, enjoye the weekend. Our weather is going to be fabulous!

Well, got to get going. Have a nice day. TGIF!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #30  

I decided to move my goal weight closer...
Maybe that will motivate me and then I can set another 5 pound
loss goal...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote