Old 05-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanie View Post

Nancy, I'm zipping over to look at the recipe thread that you posted. Thanks! How's Robin?

Rhonda gets the credit for finding that great recipe link

I was just commenting on one of the recipes I found there & wanted to try.

I know what you mean about dressing rooms. It wasn't long ago I thought
"not too shabby for a mom of teens "

Now in dressing rooms I think
"oh dear..who is that granny!!!"

Last edited by nancy237; 05-07-2010 at 03:53 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #32  

Robin is great...

He is going to PT 3x/week and the YMCA on the other days.

He is gradually getting his strength back.

Our general Dr told him to not restrict his calories too much in these first weeks after surgery..especially since his red blood count needs to return to normal.

His incision site that was worrying us is finally healing like it should be !!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Nancy, that's good about Robin's incision. I'm glad he's better.

I am not op this evening. I did a good deed for a student and a bad deed for me. Students in the at-risk class get their lunches brought to the classroom from the cafeteria. One student couldn't order a lunch because he owes a debt. I gave him my lunch and drank a can of V8. What I mean about doing a bad deed for me was that I should have done myself a favor also by staying op afterwards. Instead, I came home hungry and ate too much for dinner. I won't eat anything else today so, hopefully, I won't have a gain in the morning.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-07-2010 at 10:10 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #34  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Rain and wind is what we're expecting today along with some thunderstorms. No walking along the beach for today. Some of my friends are going out to a movie call Furry Vengeance this evening hope it funny as the critics are giving it a C+-D rating. Oh well we'll see for ourselves.

SLOAN-I really feel for all the flood victims. I agree I hope they don't find anymore body's. We're going very sever winds up to 50 MPH gusts are expected for tonight in to Sunday Morning.I looked on the weather map and there coming for the Chicago area. Got on this scale this morning and I lost another .5 bring me down to 168.5 and a 2.5 weight loss since last week.
My sister is following the same diet and she losing also.

NANCY-Glad that everything is working the right way for Robin. Now you can take it easy for while and do something exciting for yourself.

HAVE A WONDERFUL MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND AND DON'T FORGET IF YOU HAVING CAKE HAVE ONLY A SLIVER.

Last edited by beach bum; 05-08-2010 at 08:21 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's COLD here and we have the heat back on. Harumph! Today should be quiet. I just have to make some applesauce, practice obedience with Brodie, and catch up on TV. Jim and I have been too busy to watch much.

I'm off to eat a late breakfast. Hugs and wonderful on program days being wished for each of you.

Sandra, you are a special woman and I admire you very much. Maybe you could throw a SBD meal replacement bar in your bag for those days that your wonderful nurturing nature makes you want to give your food to someone more in need than you. Then, you can both be nourished. You can buy these individually at most grocery and drug stores. And....they taste pretty darned good with a cup of coffee! It would be a win win. I'm honored to know you.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-08-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Afternoon:

Nancy, it was Paula who told us about the recipe site. Now, let me tell you all to go to the Goal section and read Jerome Biggars' story of losing LOTS of weight in 16 months. Very inspiring....

I deliberately ate as much as I wanted, and drank Margaritas last night. That got me a (temporary) three pound gain on the scales. I had lots of salty chips and cheese in my meal. I loved every bite and letting go of the restrictions for an evening.

I fell today while lifting weights. I was doing squats with 65 pounds across my shoulders and I just couldn't get up. Todd was right behind me and caught the barbell as I yelled "I can't come up!" I fell backwards, between his legs and he had the barbell before it fell on me. I was not hurt, I was not embarrassed but it was scary and shook me up. I said "I can't do it" and had tears in my eyes! He reassured me, then had me do the squats with no weights.

I'd done that heavier weight before with no problem. I'm just fatigued, and I bet the splurge last night didn't help. Too much salt and too much lactic acid building up in my legs. Anyway, we finished the session with me leg pressing lots of pounds lots of times, and I feel OK now.

Good to hear that Robin is doing better; hang in there Sandra; sorry about the continued bad weather people are having. It's perfect here.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you for the tips. I need to get some of those bars. I had a V8 with me, but it wasn't enough.

Rhonda, I'm going to call you to count your fingers and toes.

I'm still off p. No excuses. Right now I'm loving food more than I should.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #38  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda......YIKES! I'm so glad that Todd was there and that you are ok. Please, please be careful. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. It's a good lesson to splurge once in a while and then not feel guilty.

Sandra, keep coming here. You'll get inspired and get back on program soon. You should love food, just try not to abuse it. I've an off program meal coming up next Friday and I'm very much looking forward to it. I'll be on program until then.

Off to snap fresh green beans for dinner.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-09-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
Good Afternoon:

Nancy, it was Paula who told us about the recipe site.
Paula..finally you are getting the credit for the great site!!!
I meant Paula but said Rhonda...
Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
. Todd was right behind me and caught the barbell as I yelled "I can't come up!" I fell backwards, between his legs and he had the barbell before it fell on me.
Rhonda

After I saw you were okay my thought was...

"at least that is her story and she is sticking to it "

seriously...that is scary and I am glad you are okay.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you, my friend. I'm making a little headway but it's slow. Fresh green beans sound good.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Happy Mother's Day everyone.

If you're not a biological mother, enjoy it anyway because you can be sure that every woman has been a "mother" some way or another!! I know from experience!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #43  

ditto!
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Happy Mothers Day to the best Women I know anywhere!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #45  
beachbum

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOTHERS ON THIS THREAD.

DON'T HAVE TO MUCH TIME TO POST AS I HAVE TO GET READY FOR CHURCH,NO BRUNCH THIS MORNING AS MY FRIENDS WILL BE WITH THEIR CHILDREN.

GOING TO TAKE IT EASY AND HAVE A TV DINNER AND THAN WATCH THE PLAYERS GOLF TOURNAMENT AT SAWGRASS.

SEE YOU GUYS LATER
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote