Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Weekly Core Chat: Feb. 1-Feb. 7

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday and Happy FEBRUARY everyone! Wow, one month down already. Right back into month end at work. Never got back to post over the weekend. I did end up having to swim with the girls on Saturday -- it was fun. Since I needed to be in with them (they can't swim the length of the pool without a swim board or noodle), I had them going up and down the length of the pool -- I got a good workout kicking. They were beat after an hour. I did get back to the Y yesterday after church, then got dd to skating in the afternoon, then back to church to drop off snacks for the evening class. Did I mention I'm on the hospitality committee for the Sunday class they are running for 15 weeks? Next Sunday we have to do a dinner - originally we were told there would be 75, now its more like 40-50. The church is paying for the food and we are asking the attendees to bring salads, rolls and desserts.

Vickie - so sorry to hear about your GFs sister. I have a freind at work that has been in the hospital since right after Christmas with stage 4 lung cancer. She has always been a smoker -- things are not good with her at all. Very sad.

Nancy - driving on ice.....so glad that is far away for me!

Angela -- good luck at the Drs today. And congrats on sugar free!

Sandra - glad your hip is feeling better. Who would have thought a massage would fix it! I guess thats why there is theraputic massage, althought I always just figured it was mental therapy

Slaon- is the walking video on Comcast on demand? I wonder if we have it as well -- I'm sure it all the same comcast.

Well, I'm actually at work and need to get moving. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

Good morning. I'm over at the granddaughters waiting on them to wake up. We're going to see "Tooth Fairy" today. The girls are out of school due to UIL competitions. I can't figure out how to turn on their satellite TV--too many remotes. But I am able to use the computer, so I'm properly entertained.

Paula, I'll bet you got a good workout in the pool. What are ya'll going to cook for the Sunday class? Down here it would probably be BBQ or spaghetti.

I'm surprised not many are here yet this AM. Rhonda, thank you for the new pages, but where are you? I'm guessing you're working out. I am so proud of your dedication and accomplishments. You have definitely heard the click.

My body is still sore from the adjustments. I shot a few arrows last night so I can do that. Thank goodness as we have a state championship this weekend.

Guess I'll go do some surfing. Have a Magnificent Monday, Chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday everyone! We still have a lot of snow, but the high is supposed to be 46 later on today, so we should have some melting. Unless the roads freeze overnight, we will probably be back in school tomorrow. I did another walking video this morning then tackled the dishes and a huge pile of mail. I still may strip some wallpaper today after I get my lesson done for Bible study tonight.

Sandra, have a good day with the girls. Sounds like a great time!

Paula, the exercise video is On Demand. If you go to On Demand, then choose "Sports & Fitness", there are loads of choices. I have been doing the walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. They are easy, but at least I am moving. I may try some of the yoga videos as well. Let me know if you try some.

Rhonda, thanks for the new pages.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #5  

Hi all! My dr appt went very well! I have only gained 3 1/2 pounds in the last month, which is just on target, and is all baby gaining and not me. My doctor was pleased, and so am I. I will endeavor to keep up the good work.

One bad thing is that I'm getting a pretty significant amount of swelling in my feet and ankles, which I didn't have with any of the girls. My varicose veins are really hurting too. I need to be wearing my compression hose every single day, but some days I just can't face them. Doctor also told me to spend at least 20 minutes in the middle of the day lying down or at least with my feet above heart level. Sigh. I don't like enforced rest. Could be worse though!

Vickie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend and her sister during this time. I just found out a friend from church who I've known all my life has terminal cancer and is not expected to live more than 3-5 months.

I'm going to go be good and put my feet up now.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #6  

Yes, Angela, get those feet up, up, up! Great news about the weight.

I was running late this morning so I didn't write. I did weight training, some extra exercises, 20 minutes on the elliptical, and aquafit. Then, I met with the other trainer I think I mentioned. She runs a bootcamp, and she trains members of the Secret Service

I don't think I ever seen a woman with a body like hers. She is not a body builder, but there is not an ounce of fat on her that I can see. She can't be more than 4 1/2 feet tall and reminds me of a bull dog! So, long story short: I'm going to start working with her too, beginning Wednesday. I'm going back packing in late April and she is going to design a plan for me to get me in shape. (DH isn't going; he doesn't walk anywhere ! But, he has lost 3 pounds this week!)

Sandra, I can't operate our TV. It's ridiculous, you have to be male or under 5years old to figure these things out! What happened to knobs and just 3 channels?

Paula, good luck with the cooking! As Sandra asked, what's for dinner?

Rhonda
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The temps are getting warmer [HEAT WAVE] as its 28%,so I guess I'll head out and get a new gas cap for my car and than go grocery shopping. Than this afternoon I will call my Accountant for an appointment to have my taxes done. I waiting for the 1040 or 1090 form. I thought by law that these forms are supposed to be delivered before 1/31???? Well now the car cap didn't work so now I have to take my car into the Toyota dealer and have it fixed.Hope it not an engine job as they are very expensive.

Oh I got on the scale and I maintained at 172.and we have one more week to finish the challenge, don't think I will have a 4 lb loss by next week. Oh!! just have to try harder in Feb.

Didn't get anything done today was on the phone for 2 hrs and than my DD was on Skype's for a while.Now I have double the work to get done tomorrow.

PAULA-I can't believe that Feb is here, and Jan is gone. and its going to be 4 months tomorrow that I lost my Leo,but on the bright side Spring will be here shortly.

SANDRA-The tooth fairy looks like a funny movies.Maybe one of my friends will go with me to see it.I just saw my DGC via skype's but than they were too busy watching TV to speak to Grandma.Had a busy morning,trying to find out whats happening to my car,read above. Yikes!! When it pours it really pours.

SLOAN-Looks like you had a busy morning also.To bad the weather is not cooperating,TG we didn't get the snow here just the cold temps over this weekend.

ANGELA-Congrats on your pregnancy and 3 1/2 lbs is not bad at all.I gained lots many many moons ago,but than they didn't know what they know today.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up today,I have been lacking in any kind of exercising its no wonder why I maintained this week but it could have been a gain.so I'm happy it turned out ok.

Going to start supper have a nice evening
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

We didn't get to see the movie. The posted time was incorrect. Instead we went to McDonald's and the girls played on the playground.

Rhonda, where are you going packing? It amazes me how active you are. Tell Doyle congratulations on losing those 3 pounds.

Maryann, the last of our paperwork arrived today so we'll be getting our taxes in order soon.

Angela, did you get those tootsies up today? You do what the doctor says. We want you and baby healthy.

Sloan, I'm subbing 6th grade reading tomorrow. Should be fun. That will be all my subbing this week due to massage and tournament.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #9  

Sandra, yes, I put my feet up for about an hour this afternoon. I rested my eyes at the same time too! I actually laid on the couch and put my feet up on a beanbag at the end of the couch, so my feet were good and high. And they did feel better afterwards, I do have to admit. And tomorrow I will wear my dreaded compression hose.

This is just all motivation to lose the weight after baby boy is born!

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #10  

Ok, I went to spinning class this evening, taught by Angie, the trainer I consulted. I made it through the whole hour, even though classes in Toronto were only 45 minutes. I'll be in the hot tub very soon, and then to bed.

Next Monday I'm having a consultation at my home with a landscape architect who is a bird expert. He is going to tell me what to do in my yard to attract more birds. Sandra, it's the guy who writes that newsletter I sent you. I'll pass on what he says,but you know a lot already. I'm really excited about that. I never took the time in Toronto to really learn about the birds, nor did I feed them. Now, I have the time to both learn and feed!

We're going to the rodeo tomorrow, did I tell you? I think I might have. It should be fun to see the cowboys kicked around a little. (I know, I know, it's almost a blood sport, but I admit to enjoying it!)

I've been really good on the eating today, and I'm taking 1/2 glass of wine to the hot tub. Oh, DH tells me it was almost 4 pounds, not just 3. Good for him!

Rhonda
Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #11  

School's out again tomorrow! We still have lots of snow on our driveway. DH has helped the kids get their vehicles to the bottom, and we have our brother in law's 4WD four wheeler to go up and down. They will all be gone to work/college classes tomorrow, so I'm on my own. I plan on doing some food prep tomorrow so DD and I have core stuff to eat. I also plan to do some exercise. I'm still procrastinating on that wallpaper, though.

Have a cozy evening and sleep well, y'all!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #12  

Sloan, I've got wallpaper to get rid of and replace also. The colors in this house don't suit me at all.

Sandra, I'm meeting friends I knew in high school and we're going to Guadalupe National Park, on the border of NM and Texas...near Carlsbad. I used to be very active, hiking, backpacking, camping, etc with my husband who died in 1986. Since then, I haven't done much. This will be trial by fire!

I'm having steel cut oats and a banana for breakfast...yummy.

Rhonda
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #13  

Rhonda, I had oats, too. Mine were not steele cut, but I do like them. I removed some of the wall paper, but just the top came off, so now I have to use spray to get the backing to loosen. I should do that today, but I may not be able to convince myself to get started

Things are melting around here, but there is still a lot of snow on the ground. The jury is still out about school tomorrow.

I'll check in later. Have a great day, y'all
Old 02-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Today is GROUND HOG DAY and he saw his shadow so its going to be 6 more weeks until winter.

Have a date with the washer & dryer today,but that's ok Now that I only have to wash my clothes its every other week so I can't complain.

Was on the phone with one of my friends for 2 hrs.Could not believe the time when I got off. Going to look forward to my phone bill when it comes in.

Have to go to Toyota dealer tomorrow as the engine light came on again even when I changed the gas cap.Have to have a computer reading done on the engine and see what wrong. I'm afraid of the out come,And the strange thing about it I had the car check out in Nov.having a oil change along with a oil filter and had it winterized. Hope it nothing.

SANDRA-Sorry that you didn't get to the movies,that terrible when you were looking forward to seeing it.Hope the paper work come in my next Wednesday that when I have an appointment with HR Block.

ANGELA-Sorry I missed you post about the the birth of your baby boy.I guess I was all consumed in my own life,I didn't know. Happy that you lost 3 lbs.

RHONDA-Have a great time at the rodeo,I've never been to one only saw them on TV. Congrats to you DH losing 4 lbs,but than again men lose more than woman,you're doing great will all you exercise you look great.

SLOAN-Can't believe all the snow that you had, saw the report on the weather channel.

Have a great morning will try to get back later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #15  

Maryann.... I think Angela was just saying she gained 3 1/2 pounds this month and it was all baby. She hasn't delivered yet unless I missed something...

Hope your car needs something minor & cheap LOL
It isn't one that they recalled is it???

Our town has its own famous groundhog named Sir Walter Wally and he did
not see his shadow today so I hope he is right...

Paula... What dinner entree are you doing for the church dinner??

Sandra..Lucky girls that get to spend a day with Grandma!!

Sloan..You get so much done in a day...Getting old Wallpaper off is a job isn't
it ? When we moved into this money pit house our painter painted over
the bathroom wallpaper. Now I need to get paint & paper off...

Angela...Good for you for eating so healthy for you & baby... Do you like to read?? If you look forward to the book you might put those feet up more.
(of course napping is even better!)

Rhonda..You make me look forward to retirement..I want to work on photographing birds one day.... Do you have hummingbirds?? If so try to plant something they like too..

At my last house my neighbors and I competed on who could bride the birds
with the best gourmet food.. We would spy & get the bird store clerk to help us "one up" the neighbor...If was a fun joke in the neighborhood.
The rodeo sounds fun..You are so funny
about the " blood sport " We have one near us I have always wanted to see.

Last edited by nancy237; 02-02-2010 at 05:21 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote