Old 01-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

I got the same thing, Nancy. I'm not an expert at this but maybe when he is at 215 he has more lean muscle mass and therefore will burn more calories just "breathing" than he is now.

Maybe Rhonda, or resident healthy girl can explain.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #32  

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks for posting the link to the calculator. I was just playing with it -- at my current weight I need 2150 calories to maintain, 10 less its 2050 and 20 pounds less its 2000. No wonder I feel like I'm eating the same amount of food but not losing!!!!! I really need to CUT back to 1500 calories to make a difference -- or I could start exercising more.....

Hope everyone is doing well. I cooked like crazy yesterday. I made turkey chili and a spinach quiche. I bought a chicken rather than cook it. Just too easy. So I have tons on plan food.

I did finally decide to go back to core but a low carb version with NO processed foods. So, very similar to SBD but I missed my fruit too much. I"m going to do this for a few weeks and see what happens.

BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #33  

The rotisserri (not sure of spelling) is so easy. You know the old saying, if I can do it, anyone can.
Well I'm here to tell you in this case that is true.
All you need to do is remove skin, that's the most work..Take it off before you cook it. Season to your likes, and I usually spray with Pam or some sort before, so the seasons stick.
Place it in the crock pot in one of those crock pot liner thingys, breast down. Roll up medium size balls of tin foil under it to lift it. I put my yams in tin foil and use that to raise it.
Place on 8 hours, sounds long but if you go about your day when it's done ,you've got a great meal to enjoy...it's dee-lish!! You just need to figure the best time of weekday or weekend best suits you. It's worth a shot.
It really is easy. This is coming from someone who thinks cooking is SO overrated
I picked up the chicken and yams and will do it for tomorrow night's dinner. Change of plans, tonight will be Shrimp and Brocoli stir-fry.

BlessedwithSarah...that's funny when I 'tried' SB, I missed my bread items
I'm with you on the processed stuff. My goal is to get away from that, that is why took a stand today, I took out my Turn-Around cookbook. Anyone remember that?
Good Luck to you. I hope to report a loss to all of you from my next weigh in.
I'll BBL

Last edited by L.J.; 01-13-2010 at 06:09 PM.
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #34  

Oh, I like the idea of putting sweet potatos in the foil. Need to try that one!!! Thanks LJ.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #35  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Another busy day,I'm almost finished with the computer room. Found a Cannon Camera book that Leo had going to give it to my daughter,as shed a camera buff.

Made a sauerbraten chicken for dinner.I Really mad a saurbraten gravy and than poured it over the cooked chicken.

SANDRA- The stew turned our OK after I put some tomato paste and a little flour to make the both thicker.

RHONDA-I believe that the Mayo clinic is right. That the reason I eat a certain amount of calories than I minus my activity to get my total calories for the day.My calories were 1465 - 311 burned exercise cal =1154 total cal.

LJ-I go to freedieting.com for my calorie count.I guess either way is correct.

Have to go start my supper,we see you in the A.M.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I'm still soooo tired today! I didn't sleep well last night, so I need to go to bed early. Thanks for the kind remarks about DD. She told me today that she has lost 7.5 pounds since she came home in Dec. She is very excited about that. Also, she interviewed for a job this week, so we are keeping our fingers crossed for an opening soon (she's a hair dresser).

I plan on going to the calorie calculator when I finish posting. I'll let y'all know how many calories I should be eating.

I've got to get off here before I fall asleep while typing. I'll check in tomorrow. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I did the calculator again. I should be eating 1250 to lose one pound a week. I couldn't possibly take off another 500 calories, so I'll have to exercise them off.

Oh well....

Sleep tight!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #38  

Okay..whatever the heck combo type diet I have come up with is not working.
I gained another pound and my avatar weight is not even close.
I am going to change it to the correct weight of 146...
I am so disappointed that I have gained 4 pounds in just a few months.

I have decided to go back to a strict Core diet and I need a few reminders
about how to handle cold cereal, potatoes, and pasta.
If they are whole grain do I have just one a day.

Core will be easy to do with Robin doing Nutrisystem because he needs a lot of fruits and veggies also.

ps. I changed my picture to remind myself to walk in the morning..(but not in green pajamas and a hat

Last edited by nancy237; 01-13-2010 at 10:43 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #39  

Good Early Morning:

See what I get for bragging about how much weight I can lift with my legs! I am so sore from yesterday's lower body workout that I may have to crawl through the house today. If I can actually move by 9AM I might go to aquafit. But, then, again, I might NOT!

Nancy, since you are gaining, why not be really strict for a while and have the bread/pasta/potatoes only once during the day? Surely it isn't going to hurt you in any way to see if cutting back those kinds of carbs helps you over a week or two. Perhaps if you eat cereal, you could sprinkle some wheat germ on it (don't forget the calories in that), or put ground flax seed on those types of carbs...you'll get the fiber and the B vitamins and healthy oils.
Also, check your cereal and bread for the sugar content.

BTW, I have no idea why someone would get more allowed calories at a lower body weight!

But, I do accept that it is basically math and physics: we want more calories out than in. I accept that there are plateaus and special situations, but mostly it's just "do the math" I believe.

Rhonda
Old 01-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #40  

Morning All....how is everyone??
I had a great ON program day yesterday. I feel proud. Totally SFT/CORE. No pts used, and a very satisfying day I might add.
I did the calorie thing too, but if I start thinking that I'll totally messed my focus up, so I'll continue with Core/SFT, and now that it's actually going to be warm here today, I just may talk a walk if my day allows. I do have the Wii in case, so really no excuse not to do anything
Nancy Potatoes, WW Pasta, Brown Rice= only one of these a day without having to count. If you have a 2nd then you would count it.
Cold cereal has to be eaten with fat free milk, it's also a 1 meal aday item. Unfortunately cold cereal doesn't work well for me. I had oatmeal cooked with FF milk yesterday instead of water for the 1st time, and that kept me for several hours. I had a great eating day yesterday. I truly believe if we follow SFT/Core as written we don't have to worry about all the rest. There are minor adjustments to SFT. Condiments are not on the Filling Foods list any longer, but a serving size is either 0pts, or maybe one if you double it. If I can help in any way please let me know.

Vickie I SO enjoyed my 2 Fresh Strawberry smoothies yesterday. One midmorning, one midafternoon.

Today I have lots of errands to run inbetween work. I have my journal done so I am good to go.
I hope everyone before and after my post has a wonderful day.
Because I need the support I will be back here later...to read and get inspired.
Ciao for now....

Last edited by L.J.; 01-14-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #41  

Thanks for the help everyone..

Rhonda..
sorry you are sore . At least you know you are
working some new muscles.. Lots of water and some easy stretching
will help your sore muscles. Do you have a hot tub?? That might help.
I like the wheat germ idea..I forget about that food.

LJ
Thanks for clearing up the core info.
I am not much for the cold cereal either, so
I just need to remember to only have a
potato/brown rice OR WW pasta daily (probably dinner)
and count any bread I have.

I have some Lean Cuisines I hate to waste so if they have one
of these foods I can still use them up.

I am being so good I even counted my coffee creamer this morning.
It is 40 calories. If I switch to hot tea I won't need the creamer.

I am trying to start walking also. I run errands every day so I thought I could combine a walk and errands daily. Early morning would be my ideal but
I don't have the will power right now to do that with the cold weather.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm running out to appointments and errands but wanted to say hello.

I love that there are so many of us here now. I got an email from Froufie and she says a BIG hello to everyone.

Rhonda, I agree with you about reducing calories. Dr. Oz says we should never eat less than 1800. I told my JC counselor that and she rolled her eyes. It's hard to know what to follow, but I've decided I'm not ever going below 1500 if I ever get there. Exercise is just going to have to do it for me too.

I'll be back!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #43  

Hi everyone. Doing well this week. Getting back to Core with no extra stuff or processed has been easier than I figured. I do feel in control so far, which is big for me.

Vickie -- just looking at your siggie while writing this. Your so close to 15 pd #3!!! Keep it up girl.

Nancy - be sure any cold cereal has no sugar in it. The only ones I ate were Fiber one, shredded wheat and grapenuts. I seem to do better with protein in the morning. I made a quiche this week (sauteed onions mushrooms and spinach. put that in a pie plate, topped with low fat cheese; top with 6 eggs scrambled with some ff milk. It made enough for 6 breakfasts and its a good size).

Hi Rhonda, Sandra, LJ, Maryann, Sloan. Sorry if I missed anyone!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #44  

Good day today so far.
BlessedwithSarah (please forgive me, I don't know your first name?)
you are right about the cereal having no sugar.
The one's I have had are Fiber One, Shredded Wheat, and now Ezekiel 4:9 the original (kind of like grapenuts) is also on the SFT list, amongst others in the new CFC. Your breakfast sounds great!! Sounds like something I will do for tomorrow breakfast Thanks for sharing!
Vickie I remember Froufy...hope she is well. You are one busy lady
Nancy by all means you can have the Lean Cuisines, just need to count the points. I think that is what you were asking. I have few myself, that I may use next week, once I get this week done and am successful. Are you counting or doing SFT/Core?
Rhonda Hope you feeling less sore. I'm sure it gets better.

It's nearly 4pm, and by then I'll be ready for a PM snack...not sure if I'll have a smoothie or a sliced HB egg w/side of Compari tomatoes. Got my all my water (liquids) in even though now any liquid counts towards it, but if it has pts, it must be counted.

Looking forward to dinner....WW pasta, with soy crumbles, tomato sauce and I'm going to mix in peas and carrots, kind of like a stew.

Last night for a snack, would you believe I had 4 oz (my left over for the day) of Fat Free milk. It was quite satisfying.
Well I have some work I have to catch up on....I'm going to try and read more later, as I need the reinforcement.
Enjoy your evening. Sending hello's to Sandra, Maryann and Sloanie
Old 01-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #45  

Everyone who has posted today sounds really upbeat. That's nice..let's do this!

Yes, I have a hot tub, and I just got out of it. Unfortunately over the last week the water went from questionable to disgusting and we had to change it and heat it yesterday. But, it was ready for the afternoon today. I sat in it and then did some stretching. I'll survive, I think!

We went out for breakfast and I was proud of myself: egg beaters, turkey bacon, dry ww toast, tomato slices! NO hashbrowns, biscuits, gravy, butter...nothing that was "bad" for me. I'm with Paula about protein in the morning. But, I love oatmeal. So sometimes I'll have a boiled egg, or babybel light cheese with it to get more protein.

Hope your days are going well.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 01-14-2010 at 06:04 PM.