Old 11-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I think you should see a doctor, too. Food poisoning doesn't last this long. Congratulations on being down 19 pounds. I am happy for you and, of course, I'm a bit green with envy. You've worked hard for this. I'm proud of you. I'll be looking for your call. Sounds like ya'll will be busy with kiddoes. Let's plan a get together when you get moved down here and aren't so busy. I'm in a lot of pain right now and am not much company anyway.

I'm going to have to call my rheumatologist Monday. I thought her office would be closed today, but I tried to call anyway. I can't tell ya'll how much I'm hurting. I don't even feel like working in the flowerbeds--and it's a gorgeous day. I'm hanging around inside. Enough whining, though, at least it's just an ache and I'm not throwing up or anything.

Vickie, enjoy your little visitors. Then get some rest.

Sloan, your Christmas sounds totally awesome! A Disney trip sounds perfect.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Thanks for the advice about seeing a doctor. I'm not suffering today so I think that this is past. I'm still not real keen on eating much, but I did manage to choke down some buttermilk pie. Just a sliver, really!

The boys and the dog (oh, I forgot to mention the dog?!) arrived a few hours ago and everyone is down for a nap. Are we ever going to have fun here for a while! But, I'm happy that they trust enough to keep their little tykes, and all will be well. I'm delighted that the little ones like me as much as they seem to. I enjoy children.

Sloan, what a good idea for a holiday. I'll be glad when these little guys are old enough for us to take them somewhere.

Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear that you are hurting. The weather is perfect and it's too bad that you don't feel like working outside. That's awful.

I think that I better go take a nap while the chance is here.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! I'm having a quiet night. I got a little house work done today, so now I'm vegging on the couch.

Rhonda, I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope things continue to improve. Enjoy the little ones!

Sandra, I'm so sorry about your hip! Have you tried gentle stretches? I have mild arthritis, and when my hip is hurting it sometimes feels better if I stretch. Just a thought. Hope it feels better soon!

Vickie, have a good time with the boys!

I'm falling asleep while typing,so I've gtg to bed.

Last edited by sloanie; 11-28-2009 at 12:11 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I have been doing some stretches. Also, a former student e'd me a lot of pointers that I'm using. I still need to go to the doctor to find out what the next step is. I am always in pain but usually it's just a dull pain. This weekend's been pretty bad.

Rhonda, have a good time with the little ones--and remember to get some rest.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-28-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #20  

Hi y'all! I'm having a lazy day visiting with DD. She is leaving in a couple of hours, but right now she is cutting DH's hair (she is a licensed cosmetologist). We have had a good visit, and I think she has decided to move home for awhile. She needs to get away from school and clear her head, so I think she is making a good decision. I am hoping she will enroll in a university that is closer to home, but right now I'm advising her to avoid making any plans.

Sandra, how's the hip today? I hope it is not too painful!

Hey to the rest of you chickies.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I wish dd the best. I'm feeling a little better today. Nothing like being lazy and staying in bed reading most of the day to get you bored...
Old 11-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #22  

Sandra, thanks, and I'm glad you're feeling better. I agree about being bored after reading in bed all day. It seems like when we are busy we wish for the bed, and when we have to be in bed, we wish we could be busy
Old 11-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #23  

Sloan, I too wish DD all the best. She's lucky to have parents who will welcome her back home for a while. She probably needs some TLC!

I'm just minding the boys and trying to not eat the pies around here. I need to get rid of those temptations! We took the boys to play with my two great nieces yesterday afternoon and it was a raging success. The little girls and 5 and 9 and they really "mothered" the boys. It was cute.

Today a family grouping is going for a hike in a local green belt area, and I'm leaving DH with HIS grandsons

All is well.

Rhonda

Sandra, I hope you feel better soon...
Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #24  

Rhonda, thanks! I will give DD some TLC for sure.

I just ate the last piece of pie, ugh!! I will go to the store today and stock up for "D" day tomorrow. I was doing well with points before T'giving, so I will get back to that tomorrow. I will walk in the morning, too. My plans for today include lesson plans, laundry, and helping DS write his final paper for English class.

Have a super Sunday, chicks. I'll check in later.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like ya'll have it all figured out for keeping the grands entertained. Tell us about your hike. I'll bet it was fun.

Sloan, your day reminds me of how my Sundays used to be. I hardly know how to watch football without working on lesson plans or grading papers.

I'm better today. I am following some advice a former student gave me, and I'm making use of my orthodics. If I'm still feeling this good tomorrow, I will wait to go to the doctor at my next scheduled appt in January.

I got back op yesterday. Life is good.

Good success to all of us. We all know what to do. We just need to do it.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #26  

My eating is totally weird. I'm counting points, eating mostly Core, but grazing. Today, I hardly drank water! I think I'm distracted

We didn't get our hike. My nephew who was going to lead it got sick. So, that's two of seven from the dinner party down with something. I hope it doesn't spread anymore.

We had an OK day with the kids, who began to irritate each other today. We might better separate them a bit tomorrow.

I started back doing some exercises today, after not doing any for almost a week!

Night all,
Rhonda