Old 11-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, I had my annual mammogram today, what fun! I hope you all are keeping up with yours!!

Rhonda, one point soup is a great idea! I will eat it, but I could also soak my feet in it if they get cold!

Sandra, I am going to a meeting at 5 pm tomorrow. There was not one tonight, so I'll have to wait til then. I am still walking every morning with my teacher friend. We walk for 30 minutes at 6:30 am before there are many students in the building. It is nice that we don't have to fight the elements and we get to visit, so it makes the time go by faster.

It looks like it might get kinda quiet on here for awhile. I'm anxious to hear from Vickie, and I hope Maryann does not get sick since her daughter's family already had the flu when they were together for the funeral.

DH and I are going to get some supper in a while. There is a "meat and three" near our house, and I plan to get some lean meat and lite veggies. I'll check back in later if I have time. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

I'm here. I subbed 3rd grade today. The kids were precious. I'm subbing 7th grade Friday. Eatingwise, I did well today.

b--banana
l--bb cookie, 1 pt bagel, WW TV dinner
s--WW cake/ice cream/a few pecans
d--WW TV dinner/sliced tomatoes.

Are ya'll impressed? Tomorrow we're going out to lunch then to a movie. We're going to see "2012."

Rhonda, lifting free weights sounds good. You're right. We needto keep the board moving. Maybe there are some "lurkers" out there who will post with us.

Sloan, I didn't realize you were walking thatg early every morning. Way to go, girl!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #18  

Sandra, are you trying to eat the frozen dinners for most meals? I was thinking about doing that for at least a few days, but I'm not sure. Should I go back to counting points or just try to do hard core? Of course, I want to get this five pounds off, but I also want to be successful.

I'm glad you enjoyed the third graders. I don't think I could keep up with them! When you sub for that grade, do you teach? In high school, our subs usually just maintain order and give the students an assignment that they can do by themselves. I hope the seventh graders are as much fun as the third graders.

Rhonda, did you make the butternut squash soup? I'd like that recipe if you did. I'm glad you are enjoying the free weights. i have used them before, and I really enjoyed it.

I'm about to hit the couch with DH, so I'll check in tomorrow after school. Have a good night, chicks.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I am eating WW TV dinners for most meals but I got "off" last weekend. Now I'm trying to undo what I did. You have to do what will work best for you. If I were strong enough, I'd eat core foods but count points. I honestly think that works best. I'm using the TV dinners to give me variety and portion control.

The elementary teachers leave a lot of work for the students. Today I did teach fractions, though. I taught math and science. I had 2 different groups of students. One group all morning and the other all afternoon. I was pooped by the end of the day and couldn't wait to get a Diet Coke. I'd have had double caffeine if I could have found it. Those younger ones do keep you busy.

I was busy all day. I'm thinking 7th grade math will be more like teaching high school, except I'll probably have to be on my feet more walking the aisles keeping the students on task.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #20  
focused and aiming

Whoa! It is quiet here if I'm back to back posting.

We're going to Cracker Barrel for lunch today then on to the theater. I'm having a veggie plate.

So far today:

b: banana
Old 11-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #21  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm here Chicks! I'm reading and keeping track of my favorite chicks. I just don't feel like posting right now. I know I need help but I'm not even sure what that means yet. I'm trying to wrap my head around and understand what I'm facing with my kidneys. My Nephrologist says the most important things for me now are reduced sodium, keeping low blood pressure, exercise, and losing weight. So I'm trying to just continue to focus on what I was doing. She says that JC, WW, and Seattle Sutton are all kidney friendly diets. That made me feel better.

I know you are all well. I'm also trying to get organized for the holidays even though I'm not really in the spirit yet. I'm hoping that holiday plans will perk me right up!

Drink your water. I KNOW I am! It's good for my kidneys.

Last edited by Vickie; 11-19-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good to hear from you, Vickie...keep your spirits up and keep on keepin' on.

Sloan and Sandra, I'm counting and eating Core. I'm determined to break this plateau, and to do it this week. I didn't make the soup, bought it at a sweet little cafe with good food.

Today I had:

ww toast (2)
1T PB
1 banana
tomato soup
Babybel light cheese (2)
egg white omellette with green onion and red pepper (1T olive oil)
1 cup skim milk
salad with lots of red pepper, apple and chicken breast
2 points worth of dark chocolate
lots of water

My friend and I are going out to a Tapas restaurant and I'll have to be careful. I had weight training today, and it was intense. I sweat more in that class than I do in spinning!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Vickie, it's good to see you here. I'm glad you're doing what you need to do. Keep chugging that water. I'll try to drink more, too.

b--banana
l--Cracker Barrel Vegetable plate and 1 corn muffin
s--Fiber One Bar
s--WW cake/WW ice cream
d--WW TV dinner
Old 11-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #24  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're doing great. You should break that plateau soon.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #25  

I've been over looking at pictures on mini-goal thread. So inspiring; worth a look.

Rhonda
Old 11-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Just had some grapes. Now I'll head over to peek at the photos.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #27  

I had 3 scallops, cooked in butter (but I didn't eat the sauce) and 1 glass of red wine. My personal trainer was part of the party tonight and we decided that when I move we'll try to do our weight lifting class on webcam. Won't that be a hoot!

Sloan, somehow I never thought of zero point soup as part of foot care, but I can see that I must have a limited imagination.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #28  

Hey chicks. I have to confess that I did not go to a meeting, but I did find my ww book. It took me forever to find it tonight. It had fallen into one of the kitchen cabinets between some pans (remember we don't have countertops, yet). A couple of WW buddies at school and I have decided to form an accountability group. We will meet once a week to weigh and discuss our progress. I hope this works out because I think it is a good idea. I'll keep you posted.

Vickie!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!!! I've been prayin' for you and hoping that you are doing well. Did your nephrologist say what she thinks is causing your kidney problems? It sounds like she thinks the changes she wants you to make will help keep things under control. I hope so. Let us know how you are doing?

Rhonda and Sandra, I'm so impressed with your menus. I will start tomorrow. I think I will try to count points and eat only core foods. I have a Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, though. I plan to use my wpa's for that. Wish me luck!!!

I've gtg help DS with a paper, so I'll check in tomorrow. Nighty night!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #29  

I'm pretty stressed this week which is unusual for me.
Just too much stuff hitting at one time..
Misbehaving teenager, 3 year old frig that must be replaced because of bad compressor, broken pool pump, hubby out of work.
I have been stress eating but haven't gained..

The broken frig means not much to eat here anyway.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #30  

It all happens at once, doesn't it, Nancy! I wish you good luck with it; you're doing well not to have gained during this time.

So far today, I've had coffee, ww toast, 1T pb and a banana. I've got a lunch date, but I know where we're going and they have good choices...and I'll make them.

I've got a busy day so I won't be on again until tonight.

Sloan, an accountability group at work sounds very helpful.

Oh, btw, my DH bought a Bowflex. Let's all wish him good luck with that!

Rhonda