Old 10-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Maryann, I'm still prayin'! How's Leo doing? Is anything serious going on? I'm glad they put him in ICU.

Rhonda, they told Kendal that if she needed to call them, they would arrest him on the spot. They do have one class together, and it is tied to their scholarships. It is chorale, and there are about 100 people in that class. So far, he has been on his best behavior. He has not spoken to her or even tried to come near her. She e-mailed her chorale professor, so he knows and won't take any @#*% off of her ex. He would not hesitate to kick him out if he caused any problems. I'm just hoping he decides to transfer to Ohio State to be near his parents as they just moved there. I appreciate your expertise, so if you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know.

Vickie, it is funny to think of us as professionals or former professionals. I'm like you, I just think of us as "the nice ladies" too.

Sandra, I walked alone this morning, and I felt good just for making the effort. I do think my friend will start walking with me in the next couple of weeks. I am still not eating well, but that will come.

I am at my sister's house drinking wine and waiting for dinner. I'll check in tomorrow. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

...ummmmm, I'd love a glass of wine right now, but there doesn't seem to be any here. Oh well, saves a few calories after my pizza party.

Sloan, I can't think of anything else. It sounds like people are ready to act if he misbehaves. Yes, let's all hope he moves, and that he's learned a lesson (not likely).

It's been raining so much here that I'm not going to exercise in the park tomorrow, even if they have it. I don't need the slush. But, I'll get to spinning on Sunday.

I hope everybody has a good night, and Maryann, I hope you and Leo get some rest tonight.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:12 AM   #33  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

So far everything is fine with my Leo,Hes in ICU resting comfortably last night and I'll be in the hospital most of the morning.Thanks for all your prayers.

As far as the diet is concerned I didn't eat lunch until 3PM and than I had 2 slices of pizza last night at 8PM. Went on the scale this morning and I lost.5 .Going to come home for lunch and than back to the hospital this afternoon I'm lucky the hospital is only 5 mins from my house.

Have to go will post later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #34  

We're thinking of you and Leo, Maryann. You certainly are lucky to live so close to the hospital. I hope you were able to enjoy your pizza!

I'll be out much of today; my friend is having renovations done at her home and it's going to be noisy!

I hope you all have a good day and stay OP as much as possible.

I think Sandra is at a competition this weekend.

Rhonda
Old 10-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #35  

I'm doing boring housework today Trying really hard to stay core. I'm usually good until the evening, so I'm going to look at some recipes then go to the store.

Maryann, I'm glad to hear that Leo rested last night. What made him short of breath? I hope his day goes well and you get some rest. It is awesome that you live so close to the hospital.

Rhonda, we've had lots of rain, too. Today is cloudy but clear. Hope it stays that way for the spooks and goblins! We don't live in a neighborhood, so we don't get any kids. I'm really glad that I won't have candy around to tempt me.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 PM   #36  

I tested positive for H1N1 this morning so I am
quarantining myself to the bedroom to keep from giving it to the family.
I need to get some movies to watch for tomorrow because
there is nothing on TV .
Maryanne..glad all is going better with Leo.
Sloan..I hope this guy has gotten the message to stay clear..

Last edited by nancy237; 11-01-2009 at 01:45 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:11 AM   #37  

Good heavens, Nancy! Well, take care of yourself. Despite all the scarey media stuff, only about 15% of people get this disease and it passes, after making you miserable. Good luck to the other members of your family!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #38  

Good grief Rhonda! You were up at 3:11? Was that before or after the time change? Evenso, 4:11 is awfully early for a Sunday morning. I hope you get to take a nap today.

Nancy, how are you feeling? I hope the flu passes quickly. Did you get any antiviral meds or will you just have to let it run its course? Hang in there and get plenty of rest. Don't forget that if your temp goes down then suddenly spikes back up you need to call the doc.

I stayed on core yesterday I tried a recipe from the board called Tamale Pie. If you have not made it lately, you should. DH and I really liked it, and there was enough left for lunches next week.

I hope you all have a great Sunday! I'll BBL

Last edited by sloanie; 11-01-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #39  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm just flying through.

Mary Ann, you are a strong woman. I admire you. I'll keep praying for your Leo.

Rhonda, a nap is definitely in order for you.

Nancy, oh dear! Take good care of yourself. My poor Niece has walking pneumonia. It seems almost everyone is sick.

Sloan, the tamale pie was one I found a million moons ago. I used to love it for lunches because Jim won't eat it. It freezes GREAT.

Gotta run.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #40  

Yes, I'll get a nap...don't know why I woke up so early.

I went to exercise in the park (postponed because of rain yesterday) at 7AM, then to spinning at 9AM. I am definitely going to nap!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #41  

Vickie, I was thinking about making the tamale pie into a breakfast casserole. I want to season the turkey as sausage, adding sage, salt and pepper. Then when making the topping I was thinking about using unseasoned tomatoes and leaving out the olives and chiles. What do you think?

Also, I made some oatmeal cookies from the recipe thread that were pretty good. I'll have them at night when I feel like snacking.

Thinking about all of you! TTFN
Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #42  
focused and aiming

Maryann, you and Leo are in my prayers. Remember to take care of yourself.

Nancy, you take care of yourself, too. Do what you need to do to get better quickly.

Rhonda, I'm still impressed with your dedication to exercise. I hope you got your nap today. I have a question. Does Toronto go to Daylight Savings Time?

Vickie, how's your week going? You've been pretty busy lately.

We were in Houston since Friday for the Texas State Senior Games (aka TX State Senior Olympics). Competition was 9 hours long yesterday in beautiful weather. We are even a bit sunburned. We both shot well. I won 1st in mine and Curtis won 2nd in his division. We received good-looking medals. The funny thing is all competitors were presented commemorative T-shirts that had sponsors listed on the back. Two of the sponsors--SAS Shoes and Luby's Cafeteria. Old folks stuff! Well, I was wearing SAS shoes, Curtis has a pair, and we had dinner at Luby's. What does that make us?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #43  

Wow Sandra, I am impressed as usual! You are really a celebrity! I'll bet you have a room in your house that is devoted to all of the trophies that you and Curtis have won!!

Vickie, I thought of you tonight when I cooked some apples. They became so soft that they were like applesauce. I cooked them in a skillet with cinnamon and sugar free maple syrup. It was just like eating apple pie!!

I hope you chicks have had a good weekend. Sleep tight everyone! Especially you, Rhonda
Old 11-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #44  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Sloan. We got rid of most of our trophies and medals when we left Montana because we thought we were going fulltime RV. We do have quite a few, though, but most of them are packed away. (I am going to carry this new medal to school next time I sub to show it off.)

The downside is we just received a photo that a friend took yesterday after the competition. I need to get more serious about losing weight. But what else is new?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote