Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Sloan. You're an awesome friend.

I'll be praying for your daughter until we hear that all is well. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a male friend there just to keep things calm in the event that he should wake up while she's packing. I don't mean to scare you. I don't know how all you Moms do it. I'll be holding good thoughts for you as well. I'm celebrating that she's smart enough to get herself out of a bad situation. What a smart girlie you raised!

Last edited by Vickie; 10-23-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:53 PM   #32  

Height: 5'4"

Sloanie..
Praying that everything goes very smooth.
I know you must be worried.. but we will just turn those
worries into prayers!!
Tell her to stick close to friends for awhile until
things have settled down.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Vickie and Nancy, I believe she is smart, and I'm very proud of her for having the guts to leave. I just wish she had not gotten herself into this. There are two other guys in the house, so they should be there tomorrow night. She has already notified several friends about her probs, and they have assured her that she can come to them anytime she needs to. I really do appreciate the prayers. Nancy, I like the idea of turning the worries into prayers. I will focus on that.

I'll post news as soon as I have any. Thanks again chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #34  

Update on DD: She called me this morning, and she actually managed to stuff her car with all of her things this morning while he was still asleep in his room upstairs. She told him goodbye as was her usual habit, and he went back to sleep. She is at work today, so if he goes into her room, he will see that her things are gone. Her plan is to have her co-workers call 911 if he shows up at work. She also plans to text him later today that she is not coming back, and then she will change her phone number. Please be in prayer for her today. I know she is nervous. I just hope he does not try to make a scene at work or follow her after work today. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for being such a supportive group of chicks!!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #35  
Southside White Sox Fan

You got it, Sloan. I'm glad she's out and that she seems to have such a great support system.

Mary Ann, thinking of you and praying for both you and Leo.

Sandra and Rhonda, hugs and positive thoughts.

Now for the treadmill.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #36  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all the prayers & good thought for the both of us. Somehow that day and weeks are blending into one and its hard to remember if I posted here or not.My computer stays off most of the day,except when I want to keep my e-mails under control.

Things are getting easier and not so over whelming like they were before. I able to take care of Leo and go grocery shopping & to the pharmacy with out being afraid to leave him alone. I might be able to go to church and than to brunch with my friends tomorrow, if Leo is feeling up to me leaving him for part of the morning.

I did manage to lose a whole 2 lbs from last Sunday.My doctor told me that I have more to worry about than my weight and he correct.I have been on the go Morn=Noon=Night That I lost inches also.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

VICKIE-Why don't you ask JC to put you on a higher calorie count???? That's my range 1300-1500 and its working for me ,but you just might need more calories especially when you exercising.Thanks for your prayers,I will tell him of all you wonderful ladies on this thread.You did great with the salad and 1/2 a sandwich,I do that myself at IHOP 1/2ers on the seniors menus.

RHONDA-Don't worry I'm taking good care of myself,especially when the VNA are here at my side and console me that I'm the care taker and if I left myself run ragged I 'll do more harm to Leo,so I staying strong. If the weather was so bad I go out for a walk and get out of the house before cabin fever sets in.

SANDRA-That a must and I will be able to take care of myself,as its getting easier & easier all the time.

NANCY=Glad you aunt come out of a good surgery. Not into fair of fair foods, so I don't have a problem with them when some of my family members what to go, I have something in my handbag to eat instead.

SLOANE-You did great staying away from the donuts. Don't think I could every go back to WW flex or core anymore I have to eat everything other wise I feel deprived but of course its in portion sizes.

Oh I'm so sorry to here about your DD of course I will pray for her safety. Her DBF must be a very insecure that he treat her that way.Hope he didn't bother her and if he does just get a restraining order on him.

Have to go, have a great weekend

Last edited by beach bum; 10-24-2009 at 03:54 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:51 PM   #37  

Hey chicks, DD is tucked safely away at a friend's apt. She will move in to her apt. tomorrow. She has changed her phone number, so right now he won't be able to contact her. The next hurdle is in class on Monday. They are in chorale together, so she will see him there every day! She has lots of friends around her though, so I'm not worried about that. I worked at school this morning then had lunch and a pedicure with a friend. It was very relaxing and good to do something nice for myself.

Maryann, I'm so glad to see your post and to hear that Leo may be well enough for you to leave him tomorrow. I'm also glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself. I am still praying for both of you.

Vickie, have you seen the nephrologist, yet? If you have and I missed your post, I'm sorry! Hope you are doing well today.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I'm glad dd is out safely. She sounds like a smart girl. I'm glad she has friends to help her.

Maryann, I think it's amazing that you lost those 2 pounds. Congratulations. And don't worry about weightloss. You have enough to worry about. I hope you get to go to church/brunch tomorrow. You need it.

Vickie, I knew you could do well eating out. You're an inspiration.

I've done well today. Curtis and I are both sort of settling into a routine or making better choices. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi Everybody:

I'm in Texas, trying to buy furniture and unpack boxes.
Sandra, I'll call you soon.

The neighbors had a welcome party for us last night and it was WONDERFUL. We met so many people, talked and laughed a lot, then took a tour of another's house where they had just finished renovations. We're feeling right at home.

Sloan, I highly, highly recommend that your daughter talk to someone at the university. There must be a safety coordinator, or some other title. We have very elaborate procedures at U of T. I know because twice in the past two years I've had to help develop plans for young women who were being stalked and harassed. It's when women leave that they are the most vulnerable. But, GOOD for her for getting out.

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #40  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you're in Texas enjoying Texas Hospitality. (I knew you would have good neighbors. I could tell by their homes.) Give me a call if you get a chance.

Sloan, that's good advice Rhonda's giving you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #41  

Thanks for the advice. I'll pass that on to her right now. She asked me this morning about an order of protection or restraining order. Campus security is a good place to start. He has tried to contact her twice now. Last night he sent a text to my son to ask her to check her e-mail, then today he called her work. When she answered the business phone, it was him. He asked her why she would leave him, and she hung up the phone. The drama continues.
Thanks for all of your good thoughts.

I'm trying to get caught up with school and house work today. Not much fun but necessary. I'll check in later.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #42  

Sloanie...

I am wondering about a background check on the guy to see what she is dealing with. Something has really raised some red flags with her.
You could do it with just his name and he would never know.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi All:

What a day. First we met my family members for breakfast, then went to church, then met DH's daughter and grandsons to go to the airshow. I'm not much of one for these shows, but we saw the Blue Angels and that was something.

I'm not exercising, but I'm making good food choices, mostly. I have had some ice cream, but when others ate hamburgers and fries for dinner, I had grilled chicken and salad.

We head off tomorrow for more furniture shopping. So far, I've only bought some Barrister's bookcases, but I'm certainly looking a lot.

Exhausting!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #44  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We had a trying day yesterday our doctor called and LEO was taken off the blood thinner,as it blood was dangerously low.Had to stay with him so I didn't get out. Today the nurse called & my instructions are to watch out of abnormal bleeding and than will have to rush him to ER.

Just wanted to let you know everything is peaceful this morning Leo is sleeping as we both watched the Yankee/Angels game until midnight.NY Yankees are now on their way to the world series.YIPEEE!!!

Another thing I proud of is that I lost 1.5 at my W-I this morning,and now finally I out of the 170's.

SLOAN-Glad to hear that your DD is safely tucked away from that loony of a BF. That's one thing a mom will always be worried over her children no matter what age there are. So far so good Leo is resting quietly asleep up stairs.Hope we have a better day.

SANDRA-Thanks,I plan to take a little walk today to sort things out in my head.The days are are all blending into one and must sort them out.Thanks for the congrats.

RHONDA-I'm so happy for you feeling a home with your new neighbors & friends. Right now I alone as a couple of good neighbors & friend moved back to there winter homes and the last one when down to Fla.on Saturday.

Have to run will talk to you on the new thread.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote