Old 09-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Vickie and Rhonda, congrats on the exercise. The only exercise I've gotten today is for my noodle. I'm getting ready to teach college algebra tomorrow. This is going to be an experience. I doubt any of the students have studied as much as I have for tomorrow's classes. (2) I'll have these classes twice next week, also, so my studying has just begun.

Paula, our grands are back in the swing of things, too. The 6 yo is into a jumprope class after school for her first time. Our 10 yo is in a different jumprope class. They are getting oodles of exercise.

I like what you said about a less than 1 lb gain not really being a gain. That helps me to think of that.

Vickie, I'm making our sweet tea using Splenda. I just can't seem to drink points. I like to chew them.

Rhonda, you're getting in tons of exercise. And I can't say enough how gooooooood you look. Congratulations, Cuz.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickadees! Just stopping by to check in. I've got to go do some school work. Have a good night everyone!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:02 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Here I am, wide awake at 3 AM...where's Vickie?
I hope the toast and milk ease me back to sleep.

My eating has been wonky these last two days, but I managed to make a great salad last night to counteract the donut and 1/2 piece of pizza I had yesterday

But, if that is all the "stress eating" I do over the next two days, I'll be proud of myself. There is a young woman in my life who has two young children and is in an abusive relationship overseas. I have spent the last two days making arrangements to get her back home, paying their air fare and wiring money. I'm so glad I have it to send. If all goes well, they will be back safely on Friday afternoon and we can celebrate together.

I'll be off to exercise in about 3 hours. That will get rid of some of my excessive anxiety.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #34  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm here!

But I'm going to bed now. You're an awesome friend, Rhonda.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #35  

I've been awake all this time. At least I went to bed at 10PM so I did get some sleep.

I packed dishes for the move and went to the exercise class. Now, just not to eat my way through to Friday afternoon

Rhonda
Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #36  
Southside White Sox Fan

I feel crummy. My ear and gland hurt again. I haven't been off antibiotics that long. Sigh.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #37  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had some kind of 24hr bug,as I feeling fine again. I guess I need the well rested sleep that my body needed. I even had a small surprise on the scale this morn,hope it stays that way for this Mon W-I.

Had a lot of shopping grocery and walmart.Bought a brown pair of shoes awhile ago,so now I had to get a brown hand bag to go with it. It looks like the colors in the fall ensemble is going to be earth tones again.

Quote:
Mary Ann, I'm worried about you. I hope you're feeling better this morning. I have it on my to do list to call about getting a flu shot. We've been getting them since the 1990's. Can't have you getting sick around Leo either.
VICKIE-I'm fine again I think I was getting run down with all that's going on with Leo. I usually have my physical in Sept, so when I go to the Doctor's will ask him for a flu shot this time around.Thanks for thinking about me,I really appreciate that.Sorry about your ear & gland aching,looks like we all have something,hope we're not catching computer fever.

RHONDA-I 'm fine again,thanks for the kind words.I promise I will take care of myself,by keeping healthy for Leo sake.Oh I hope not, she usually checks in even if she busy. Sorry about your sleepless night hope you find your ZZZ's tonight.

COCO IF YOUR LURKING PLEASE CHECK-IN WE'RE ALL WORRIED ABOUT YOU.

SANDRA-Your gain of .6 has to be water,it will go down for sure.I'm certainly not going to give up I have come so far to this battle of the bulge ever since 1990. and I going to continue until I win the war and hit my goal.

PAULA-Hope you will be able to keep the new year schedule. You did great in the exercising dept. I have to start being active again.

Have a great day,

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you're a great friend. Now get some rest and try not to stress. Half a slice of pizza? Just think of what it could have been. You're doing great.

Vickie, I hope you're not getting sick. Do you take vitamins? I take so many I rattle when I walk.

Maryann, I'm glad you're better. I'm trying to stay off the scales but "feel" as if I'm losing this week. Life is good.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #39  

Hey chickies!

Another busy/crazy day at school. We are still working with the new curriculum, and there are still a lot of bugs to work out. My eating has been better today, but the night is young

Sandra-thanks for slowing the wagon down for me. I'm trying to get a runnin' start so I can hop on.

Rhonda and Vickie-I hope you both are napping right now!

Maryann-I'm glad you feel better!

Hey to the rest of you chicks! GTG do some school work
Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #40  
focused and aiming

Sloan,
Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #41  

Hi:

I did not get a nap and tonight I went to spinning class, followed by a yoga class. I am least refreshed and rested..ready for a hot bath and early to bed.

Vickie and Maryann, I hope that you feel better soon. Sloan, I'm happy that your new curriculum bugs are being worked out. Sandra, I tried to remember what differential equations really are all about but failed! And, I used to be good at that stuff! Let me see, find X when you know y or something like that? I'm not even going to look it up. Good luck, cuz.

Today a friend/neighbor confirmed for me that his wife's breast cancer has returned with a vengence, spreading to her brain and spine. They are in their 50's and he is devastated, not surprisingly. Enjoy every day, Chickies!

Rhonda
Old 09-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #42  

Rhonda-You sure have some heavy "friend issues". I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's breast cancer, but I'm happy to hear that you are able to help your other friend get out of a bad situation. I'll be praying for both of those situations. I hope you get some much needed rest tonight! As for the bugs being worked out, I think our bugs are birthing more bugs. Just when we think we have figured one thing out, we find more issues to work on. We are still committed to this project, but it is very frustrating as well as rewarding.

Sandra-I wish we were having that little toast right now. I could use a night cap. I've had too much coffee and have been staring at one lesson for a couple of hours.

I want to go to bed, but the coffee is not gonna let me!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:27 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I gave up and got up. I've got an appointment with the Doctor today. It was just 6 weeks ago that I was on antibiotics for the same ear/gland. It's been a vicsious allergy season here so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I do take great vitamins but I guess sometimes it's not enough. I don't know why I wouldn't have great resistance since I've been eating healthier for the last 7 months than for a long time before that. I hope he has some ideas. In the meantime, I've got my stomach all messed up from taking so many OTC's to try to get the sinus headache/earache/swollen gland to go away.

Rhonda, you do have lots of bad situations going on around you. I'm amazed at your energy to continue to exercise and get yourself ready to move. Good for you. Try not to run yourself down.

Sandra, you're teaching COLLEGE! And College Algebra at that. I barely passed high school algebra. The only thing I liked was equations. It was clear that I was not going to be a Scientist. Journalism and computers were more my interests. How did the class go?

Mary Ann, I'm glad you're rested and feeling better.

I'm going to try to exercise this morning. It certainly can't hurt. I'm on program but have no enthusiasm. Shame on me.

Talk to you all later.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #44  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Its a gloomy morning here in the North East. Can't really complain, its been a couple weeks since we had any rain. My eating is not too great -- Sandra, can you slow that wagon down just a bit more. I keep falling on my face when I try to hop on! Thanks.

Today is a new day. I know what my problem is -- once again its my night time eating. I need to get back to nothing to eat after 8:00. Last night I had my yogurt mixed with ff/sf chocolate pudding topped with fresh raspberries. It was very good and very filling. But then after 9:00 I got the bag of peanuts and had those. Why, I don't know.....UGH.. Why do I do that to myself???????

Try again today, that's all I can do. I do have a Drs appt finally on the 23rd. I'm very curious to see where my thryiod level is. I've been struggling so much lately, I bet its off. If its not, that will be a whole different discussion with him.

Hope you all have a great day. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #45  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new to report,going to take it easy today,as we did lots of shopping yesterday. We have to watch out pockets & pocketbooks. Might take a walk or use the bike this afternoon.I also have to do lots of laundry.Speaking of Laundry has COCO gotten in touch with any of you. I miss her,hope everything this ok at her end.

SANDRA-Its hard to stay off the scale unless if the numbers that come up don't bother you. That's when it hits you physic. I use the scale as a tool to see how I'm doing when I on my low calorie day.

SLOAN-Glad you eating is getting better,some time it takes time to get the eating habits in control.

RHONDA-Oh my goodness,I'm so sorry for them,I know what they are going thought TG Leo's cancer hasn't spread.Today he on his 2 nd chemo pill so far so good,so real bad side effects.

WoW your really doing great in exercising.I'm going to crown you EXERCISING QUEEN on this chat.You must have been tried,hope you don't over do it,but the scale should show a good W-I.

VICKIE-Thanks,Hope the doctor will find answers for you,now that your eating healthy,there must be another problem that he can cure.

PAULA-Maybe you could eat some protein or have a protein shake in the evening to stop the night time eating. I saw on a board some where that 1 TB of peanut butter [ WW protein] is a good way to keep you from eating when hunger happens.

I had my thyroid tested with my doctor and the test came back negative. He asked me to keep an journal for two weeks and I should show it to him,He said I was eating healthy,and had no answers for me.Except he said I should be losing at my age. So I than I ditched the diets and now I'm counting calories and watching portions by eating out of the black plastic trays you get from frozen entrees. Went on my cruise in July gained 8 lbs but i still hanging in the 170's instead of the 168's where I was before. Wish I could give you the answers.PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED WHAT THE DOCTOR TOLD YOU,as I really interested of what he come up with.

Have a great morning I will be back latter.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote