Old 06-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #31  

Hi Everyone
Not much happening here.
Was going to fill you in on my day.
Just alot of running around.
But am tired. And am going to go and relax.
So will be back tomorrow.
Night Everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Vickie, how was your day? I know how stressful having remodeling going on. Just don't let it get to you.

Rhonda, I am proud of you for taking control of your health. You're already making strides with weightloss and exercise. Just keep on keeping on.

Coco, get some rest.

Maryann, think how much closer you are to goal than you used to be. You make a lot of good choices daily. I think you're doing well.

I went to another friend's retirement reception today. We all had a great time. I'm seriously thinking of substitute teaching next year. It was good to be back at my old school today seeing everyone.

Last edited by ontarget; 06-04-2009 at 09:24 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Lost another pound!

Sandra, I think that you should just spread the love around and do that teaching next year. I bet that you are an awesome teacher and the kids love you. What better source of receiving love while doing good?

I'm off to spinning..

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #34  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Have to be brief as I have to get ready to see the doctors this morning for my follow up appointment since my second MRI. Just want to know what the MRI read and if I have a future problem with this sciatic nerve.

Nothing new,just noticed that my belly is getting smaller,when looking into the mirror,or is it a trick or a optical illusion. Going to take my measurements next W-I to see for sure.

RHONDA-Sorry about you being pre-hypertensive,hope it nothing serious.. I like the Mayo clinic & webdoc sites.The the only ones I use when looking up something.Don't talk about salt & sodium I thing there my middle name. I'm always looking at labels for those buggers. Thanks Lat least I think today I will be able to walk before the rain hits,hope the doctor won't keep me waiting to long.

COCO-Don't let yourself be rundown,its not good for you take some time out to relax and deep breath.

SANDRA-Thanks I hope you're right and I don't fall into any mishaps a long the way especially on the second 1/2 of the year. If that what you want [substitute teaching] go for it. My DD is helping the teachers in the school and love to to sub teach.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Rhonda and Maryann. I think I will sign up to sub. I've been looking at the websites for the 2 schools. The excitement is building.

Maryann, I hope you get a good report from your MRI. You've suffered long enough.

I am op. This is almost 2 weeks now. Life is good.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:26 PM   #36  

Hi everyone

ONTARGET that would be wonderful to be a sub. Is there any certain grade you would want to sub for. Or for whatever grade. Good job on being on track for two weeks. That is awesome.

BEACHBUM How did the Dr's appt go. Been wondering. The rain finally left us. It rained most of the day yesterday. Just been really cloudy today. And a little cool. Suppose to be nice tomorrow.

TEJAS Hope you had a good spinning class.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH how are you.

VICKIE How are you doing. Did they get your grout done. Hope so. I got my girls new collars yesterday. One is a camping theme. The other is a pink John Deere one. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Well am going to get off here.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #37  

Just a quick hello. Spinning was great. I had a wonderful lunch with two colleagues at the university today...went a little over my points, but except for the wine, it was all Core.

I'm not having supper, just some yogurt.

Talk to you tomorrow..

Rhonda
Old 06-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Coco, I'm thinking 5th grade up. And I'm just thinking 3 days a week keeping Monday and Fridays free. (I need my long weekends.)

Rhonda, I had a glass of wine at Olive Garden Thursday. I thought of you.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #39  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! No time to chat still. The floors are finished and look GREAT! We are still walking around on them funny because we need to avoid the grout for a couple of days.

I'm off to the Great Nephew's last baseball game this morning at 10:00. Then errands for the pool and for Sara the pup.

I haven't really been on program all week. I haven't been horrible, just not good. And the water has been difficult because of the whole floor situation. So I may skip JC this week. Scarey but I'm sure I'm not quitting. It's just stupid to go and buy more food when I've not been on program.

I hope you are all well.

Sandra, I'm thinking of you especially.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #40  

27 pounds lost! Wow, Vickie, you're doing great....!!
Old 06-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #41  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another drizzly day so I'm compiled to exercise indoors today. According to my chart of calories in - calories out, the exercising that I'm doing is really lowering my calorie intake,and that's dangerous,especially to weight loss. I remember being at WW and when my calories we're brought under 1200 I either gained or stalled.So I decided to exercise once a day and not the two that I'm doing.

Yesterday when at the doctors, he read the MRI to me,saying that I had a disc that's in the spinal section of the tail bone that cased the sciatic nerve to hurt. The only thing that he could do for me if still hurting was a cortisone shot or if it gets too bad back surgery would be necessary.

I ask him if there's anything I can do to prevent this in the future.He told me core exercisers, like crunches. I told him it was impossible to lay on my back and do them. Than he asked if I had a abs machine, I told him yes, but I haven't use it in a long time. I do have a booklet that has standing back exercisers called "Banish the Potbelly"He preferred crunches but if I can't do them whats the sense .So I'm going to try the standing back exercisers anyway and see what happens.

SANDRA-Thanks,I hope the core straightening exercises will,help future episodes.

COCO-Thanks,I was hoping for a better day myself as I like to BBQ a marinate steak for my dinner but it looks like I have to use the ovens broiler instead.

RHONDA-Missed your post on your weight loss.Big congrats for losing that 1lb. Gee!! that spinning class is really working for you.That's not bad having the wine,after all you do have the WPA's in reserve.

VICKIE-Thanks for checking in,even when you have so many things to do.Glad the kitchen floors are done,and after the whole project is finished you can relax and be proud of what was done. Don't think one week without Jenny is going to make that much of a difference in your weight loss. Two other woman on another board swear about Jenny and the weight that they losing. Have a great time at your nephews baseball game.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #42  

Hi:

Yesterday, I walked a long way in nylons and shoes I don't normally wear, so there's a blister forming on the bottom of foot, near my toes. I went to the Powerwalking class this morning not to walk, but to hear the planned lecture on nutrition. This teacher is really good. I thought I'd pass on to you that she said in her opinion it is much better to get more of your daily protein in the morning, and spread out the carbohydrate consumption througout the day.

We're going north of here to ride a steam train this afternoon:

http://www.creditvalleyexplorer.com/

We'll have dinner on the train and come home. It looks like fun.

Rhonda
Old 06-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thanks for sharing the information with us. Have fun on your train ride. Sounds like fun.

Vickie, I hear ya on the construction. Ours starts Tuesday. I'm excited. I think the porches/decks will make our home seem a lot larger. We plan to spend a lot of time on them. Why do I say "porches nd decks"? Beats me how it started, but we're calling the floors the decks and the roofs the porches. Does that make sense?

Maryann, I hope your exercise program works and you become pain free. We went to the club this morning via garage sale routes. I did 50 min on

Today we're doing yardwork then going to visitation for our friend. His service is tomorrow. His suffering is over now. That is sad for those left behind but is a blessing for him.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll holler back atcha later.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #44  

Hi Everyone
Got the errands done this morning.
Waiting on a load of clothes to finish washing. And going to hang them out.
And then dont know what I will get into.
Did drag my rocker out of the basement. Put it on the porch. So need to wipe it off. And maybe after bit work on my flower bed.
Got several things to do. But dont know what to start with first.
The guys are away for the day/night. This is the first time in I dont know how long. That I have been by myself. I am surprised son took hubby with him.
So I better get off here and get something done.
Will be back later.
coco
Old 06-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #45  

Well I posted something.
But it wouldnt go through for some reason. So lost it.
So I'm not going to go and repost everything I had said.
Just know that I am thinking of each of you.
Hope you had a wonderful day.
coco