Old 04-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: April 13-April19

New Pages

Bring it all here!!!

Last edited by Tejas; 04-13-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #2  

Morning Everyone
Well dont know what happened. I started posting. Hit a wrong key. And lost it. So it is out in cyber space somewhere.
Not much happening here.
Hubby is out mowing the yard. Before the rain comes. Suppose to get rain today and tomorrow. The yard needed mowing. So he is working on it.

BEACHBUM I hope the Dr's figure out what is going on with your ankle and leg.

I am afraid the scales are going to be way up today. So not looking forward to weigh in.
Need to go and get some bleach and I want to check about some new flower pots. So will do that before we go to WW.
I want to bleach my coffee cups. They are getting so stained. They are washed. but dont look it. And then I want to get a couple of big flower pots. To put beside my front porch steps.
So that is all that I have planned today.
Well am going to get off here.
Want to call my Aunt. Was going to go there either today or tomorrow.
Think I will wait until tomorrow.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #3  

yoo hoo, Maryann, we're over here!

I'm home preparing the LR/DR walls for painting this week...yuck...

I've eaten a day's worth of food almost I think...salad tonight for sure..

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-13-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Hope you all had a great holiday.Our was quite but nice.

Its finally "D" Day I go to the doctors to have my ankle/leg checked on.

My sister gave me a scare last night when she called and hoped I didn't have Achilles heels as she told me" if I don't get it right away they have to operate and I might limp for the rest of life." She's all good news!!!

Than on the better note she told me that my DD Her DH and my DS and the family had a wonderful time at her house. The kids like plain rigtoni noodles as the put them on there fingers and eat them from there.At least that made me laugh.

W-I and I gained as expected.Even if it was.3 it now brought the scale up 1-lb.Hope its water retention from my painful leg muscle.

COCO-We had Rouladen a German dish that's almost like Braciole but we put onion slice,small carrot, pickle & bacon inside the meat before rolling it up. With that smashed potato and Brussels Sprouts.Thanks I will find out this afternoon.

SANDRA-Enjoyed my meal but this morning the W-I was good Up.3but than I had meat and it take meat to go though the colon over 24hrs so I should be down tomorrow.

Have a great morning,will come back and report my results from the doctors.

MOVED MY POST THAT WROTE THIS MORNING TO THE NEW THREAD.

Last edited by beach bum; 04-13-2009 at 02:17 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Sounds like we're all still getting over the holidays. I am sure my wi will be up tomorrow. I deserve whatever the scales show. Life goes on.

Maryann, let us know what you find out from the doctor. I hope you can get relief soon.

Rhonda, I know you'll be glad when all the home remodeling is finished. I got the cutest e from your grands today. I'm sure you got the same one. This is the first time I've seen Doyle in them. (I'm not talking about the Spiderman makeup. I'm being serious.)

Coco, what are you planting in your new pots? We still don't have porches built. I'm going to get ferns when we do. Well, that's the plan, anyway.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I lost 3.4! I worked my butt off this week. I just got home from JC, the dentist, and errands. I'll be back later to catch up.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #7  
beachbum

Just got home from the doctor and he told me he saw a small tear in my ankle but not enough for a booth or cast.Showed me the xray,and I must say I have cute footsies

He told me do RICE method[rest, ice,compression & elevate]told him I do that already.He also said that if the pain doesn't go away in 6 weeks I should come back to see him.So the only thing I can do along with RICE is to take Ibuprofen & Dr Scholl's arch support,as my arch is falling.

Thanks goodness that's over.

Now we're going to wait for my DD phone call to let us know what time she's going to arrive tomorrow. Bad thing there nothing opened here on the Cape until the end of MAY.So we have to make our own fun.

Have a great evening will post in the morning

Last edited by beach bum; 04-13-2009 at 05:04 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #8  

Wow, Vickie...congratulations. Not bad for someone who was really feeling down not too long ago.

Sandra, yes, you can see Doyle in the children's faces. He can smile just like Alek does. I can hardly wait to be there and be "Nana."

Maryann, I hope you and Sandra get your feet feeling better. I looked at a few sites about it last night, but didn't learn anything you don't know, I'm sure.

Coco, if you make a paste of water and baking soda and scrub your cups the stain will probably come off and you won't have to use bleach.

I'm off to pottery class shortly...BBL

Rhonda
Old 04-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Vickie!!!!! Am I jealous or what! Congratulations, my friend. You're doing wonderfully.

Rhonda, I like "Nana." I am MeMaw to the grands here and Grandma to the ones in Montana.

Maryann, I'm glad that's what you have. It sounds like you'll be all right before too long, but I'll bet 6 weeks seems like a long time to you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:26 PM   #10  

Oh, I forgot to brag about the fact that I did another exercise DVD today. I did the Kathy Smith one because I was sure that doing the Biggest Loser one so quickly after the first time would just about kill me. As it is the KS one was hard enough....BUT, I did it.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-13-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well here I am....up in the middle of the night. At least I have a few minutes to catch up.

Ohhhh Coco, you really took me back to my childhood when my Mom used to bleach the coffee cups. We used to make her break them all back in because we swore we could taste the bleach for weeks after she did it. I'm with Rhonda. I'd try to use something else.

Rhonda, what prep are you doing? The house must be looking great. You never said whether you were happy with the Tom Selleck floors. I was feeling VERY down a week ago. What a difference a week makes. I worked as hard this week as I have in a very long time. Congratulations on your exercise. I know it makes all the difference in the world. I'm not familiar with Kathy Smith but I am going to add WATP back into my routine at least one day a week.

Maryi Ann, that's awful news about your ankle. I know it's going to be frustrating for you during your recuperation. have fun with DD and DGD.

Thanks Sandra! I just need to keep my focus and momentum. I'm trying to get my 45 pound chick back.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #12  

Good Morning All:

Yes, Vickie, I was very happy with the work that was done. We had him install cork laminate floors in the kitchen and adjacent study. It's from Home Depot and it's the lightest colored one. It really brightened up the place. Now, we have to paint the entire inside (small house!), do some yard work and a few other small things. I expect we'll have it on the market by the end of the month.

I am really sore from doing the exercise, but that will pass, and it does feel good actually to feel my muscles.

I've had my blueberries, lf milk, banana and Fibre 1 cereal...ready to face the day which will be full of meetings at work.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, stay OP, drink that water and move around a bit!

Rhonda
Old 04-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 10"

Coco, get a Mr Clean Magic eraser - it gets all the coffee and tea stains out. They really are amazing.

Vickie - Congraultations!!!!!!! You deserve a great wi, you're working so hard.

Maryann - glad the dr gave you some answers on your ankle. I hope it heals itself. I laughed at your story about the noodles -- my dd had always done "Noodle Fingers" when were were out to eat. She still does it once in a while now. What ever gets them to eat!

Easter was nice here - I got rid of most of the fattening left overs. Still working on the lo lamb, it came out so good. Everyone loved it. Been busy today - dd had a dentist appt, I then dropped her off at school and had a hair appt. Then did some grocery shopping. Got home and took a walk. The optometrist called and my new lenses are in - back to get those (they are right next to the hair salon!). Its a wonderful sunny day here. I'll get out and read for a while when waiting for the bus.

I need to get away from dd's chocolate - too tempting. I may play Sandra and do some gardening!

Have a good day, BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone
Well I had a big gain. I gaind 2 lbs. I am so ready to give up.
I have really let it brother me today. And I have ate everything in sight. In a way I had thought they would be up. But then again not really. Because I stayed on track pretty good all week.
The one big thing. I didnt get all my water in. So guess I will have to make sure I do that this week. See if that helps.

VICKIE You go girl. That is a great loss. Proud of you.

BEACHBUM Glad you found out what was going on with your ankle. Did he say why the pain was going up your leg though. Wonder if you wrap it with a ACE bandage. If that would help any. Hope you have a great visit with your family.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH I have never tried the Mr Clean things. I just always add just a little bleach to my dish water. And wash them that way. Glad you got your new lenses. I go Thursday to get my eyes check. Been putting it off. But need to do it.

ONTARGET I didnt get the new flower pots. But will. I got to checking on some curtins for the living room. Then ran out of time for the pots. I like pansy, and petunia's, and marigolds. And then I love daisys. So things like that.

TEJAS How did your pottery class go. Hope you had a great one. Good job on the exercise dvd.

Hubby has a DR appt in the morning. So wont be on here until later in the day again. Just going for a follow up. And get some blood work done.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #15  

COCO!!! Don't give up over a few pounds! You've done well and will get back on the losing streak any day now.

By the way, the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's have formaldehyde in them. So, if you use them, make sure you wash your hands and the cups really well.

I ate like a little piggy at one of the meetings I went to so it's a good thing I've been moving around a lot more. Oh well, with only 10 weeks left, these meetings/pig outs are going to end.

Paula, how did you learn to eat lamb? I just can't stand it. That must be because I'm from a beef state and we had fence wars in the 1800's!

Rhonda