Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #1  

Default New Here! Is the Program Changing?

I am rejoining WW tommorow and starting Core.

But I heard that the Core plan is changing drastically in two weeks.

Does anyone have any info?

This looks like a great site!
Old 11-16-2008, 10:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

This is a great site.

I don't know about the program changing, maybe you can educate us.

But, we are a great group of people, even if I do say so. Join us on the chat thread: new one starts every Monday morning.

Rhonda
Old 11-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #3  

I read over on the official WW site that the program will be called Momentum, and it's being introduced in two weeks. Core will be a sub-group under the Momentum Plan, and no longer a separate diet. Also I read the food lists will change, but I don't know how accurate that is.

Well, after a lot of thought I figure WW knows what's best. So I'm starting Core tomorrow, but when it changes I'll just go with the flow.

I'll go find the chat thread!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I've been hearing inklings about that as well. My leader did mention that WW will be moving Flex more towards the calorie density principle that Core is already based on, and I read something on a Canadian WW website about the Momentum plan... Either way, I'm just going to sit tight til I get official info and keep doing the current plan.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #5  

I havent heard anything for sure. But someone said that sometime next month. Plan on staying for some meetings.
I have been wondering if something was going on. Because some of our stuff is be discontinued. And they havent gotten anything else in yet to stock the shelves.
So maybe some new changes are coming.
New changes for the new year. Maybe that will be good.
coco
Old 11-19-2008, 02:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/163/150

Height: 5'6"

I am a newbie here too. First I have to say that I find the WW Core boards to be very...sarcastic. The people who spend all day on those boards get all up-in-arms about people asking about it. But why wouldn't we be curious?

Core has been great for me... I hope I can adjust to the new plan.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Or, if what you are doing now works for you, why not stick to it regardless of what WW says?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #8  

..well, I AM very curious, but you're right - there is a lot of touchiness regarding Core over on the officical WW board.

I am new to Core, this is my fifth day, and some of the folks over there have been on Core for a very long time and are very successful - check out their stats! - so they are defensive about it, and maybe don't want change. As for me, I'm not too bonded to Core, and honestly think there's room for improvement, so I am very excited about the new program.

My personal belief is that WW is always udpating and improving their plans due to latest nutritional studies, etc. So I am totally convinced this new plan will just be a new and improved version of both Flex and Core. My leader told me Core will be no more, but there will be a similar plan, and that's good enough for me!

How do you guys feel?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #9  
banned

im not a ww employee but i received an email last night from someone who told me that hwer ww center is one of the centers that tested a protocol so if this is momentum its basically a flex style plan with core foods in which you get a daily target and count points for foods according to how much you eat within a food group like eating to satisfaction is 2 points but only 1 if you eat 1 serving etc. if this is it its not for me.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #10  
banned

see?

figure out your daily points like Flex...
You get to select a set number of points or if it's less points to count because you're eating less, count that. For example, fruits are 2 pts for all you can eat to satisfaction... if you ate 1/2 apple, you would count 0.5 pt. That would be the count but let's say you want fruit salad, count 2.
So for example you want grains, in that category you can select pasta,rice,corn,anything including potatoes as well. There is no once a day rule in this category. You can pick less than 6 pts and count that or eat to satisfaction which is 6.
Protein.... any kind be it veggie burgers,eggs,lean meats, less than 5 pts, use that number or if you eat to satisfaction it is 5.
Dairy is a pts count,so is cheese.
If let's say you had 30 daily pts in a day, you could do this...
B:5 for all you can eat to satisfaction eggs,with some canadian bacon and veggies which have no pts. Add fruit for 2 since you can have a a bowl of fruit salad for example.
L:grains list... all you can eat to satisfaction...6 pts,veggies, proteins 5 pts
D:2 tsp oil,2,pts,milk 2 cups=4pts,veggies,salad,5 pts protein,add a couple of wpa's for bread for ex.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #11  

andrea, I hope this is really the new plan. It sounds very doable, with built in portion control without being neurotic counting up points all day.

Thank you so much for posting this.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #12  
banned

np 2009 i might still be wrong but if i am, its one heck of a coincidence that a different protocol is/was going on in test group same time as momemtum.

funny thing is, im def not happy. if i am right, i am staying on core. if i wanted to count points i would have chose flex but everyone is different
Old 11-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #13  

andrea, I guess I'm confused now. It looks like you can still eat to satisfaction, but the point counting is a combination of the food group you're eating and how satisfied you are? Now I'm totally confused! Do I have this right?

It sure doesn't look like traditional point counting. Help! Do I have this right?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #14  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

well if i could just eat until i was satisfied then i wouldnt have to be on weight watchers to start with!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #15  

Biz that's one of the main concepts of Core, and I'm starting to think that without it we're doomed. There's a learning curve in not overeating, especially for those of us who have dieted for years and years and have forgotten what our true hunger/satiety signals are like.

There's a ton of good books out on this subject - by Geneen Roth, a book called The Weigh Down Diet, popular in the faith-based group on this site, and a ton others. Buddhists call it "mindful eating". I am slowly learning not to eat just because the food is there, or because it's time for lunch.

It's not easy for me. There's a real learning curve, but my goal for 2009 is to master it. So I think the new plan is perfect for me.
Closed Thread