Old 08-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

Hi, Chickies. We're in Raton, NM and will be in Colo Sprgs tomorrow. Nationals begins Tuesday. Our excitement is brewing!

I'm still planning to get strictly op after Nationals but am being careful with what I'm eating already. At fuel stops I bought bananas instead of sinful stuff. Baby steps.

Tracie, ouch on the pink eye.

Paula, just keep on keeping on. You'll get those 5 lbs off soon.

Maryann, it sounds like you have a fun weekend planned. I am glad your kids came home to help you and Leo celebrate.

Rhonda, congratulations on going to the gym and for making healthy choices. I'd have felt like you about the "cussing person." I hope she doesn't come back.

Vickie, grilling and swimming sound good to me. Enjoy.

Sloan and Tracie, good success to you at the reunions. You can do it!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #47  
Southside White Sox Fan

Have fun, Sandra, and GREAT luck!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:45 AM   #48  

Height: 5'4"

I have a wonderful "problem"

Everything in my closet is baggy and too big!!!
I realized today that my entire closet is full of shapeless
clothes that don't fit anymore.

What should I do because I am only 1/2 way to my goal??

Do you think I should just buy a few outfits, then
save most of my clothes budget til I am 130??

I am pretty good at sewing so maybe I could take in a few things
for now.

What does everyone do about "in between clothes" ??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 10"

Nancy, definatly buy a few pieces/outfits that fit. When I lost my 40 pds, i did that then those pieces ended up getting pinned until I hit goal. Also, take a look at what you have, can any of it be tailored? For the pieces you buy now, check the summer sale racks. You could find good basic pieces that will go into the fall easily.

Have fun shopping!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #50  
Southside White Sox Fan

Someone on here has been getting designer clothes at Goodwill for just a small amount of money.

Paula's right. I wouldn't stock up now on summer clothes unless you could find some transition stuff.

I'd splurge on a few good pieces. Are you working? If you are, you'll need to buy some. This is also a big garage sale time of year and people are selling stuff cheap. Check the yellow pages for resale shops. I know a woman who used to take designer stuff that she bought that still had the tags on them because she never fit into them like she planned!

OR SPLURGE!!!!! You deserve it.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #51  

For the next month I am studying for my certification test so
I could get by with just a few things til then I guess.
I hope to get my resume out in October and then I will need
some new professional clothes.

Goodwill is a good idea. I find great jeans there that seem new.

I have a friend that thinks shopping there is like stealing from the poor
but I have always thought they wanted people to buy things to fund the programs .
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

Nancy, don't listen to your friend this time. They want anyone who will buy the clothes to buy them. Don't tell her where you bought them.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #53  

Hi all! I'm back from my brother's wedding! I survived, but just barely.

We actually had a little extra time and went to the Omaha Zoo with my other brother and the kiddos, and it was a lot of fun. It was nice spending time with him, since he's living in NYC as a resident dr now, and can't get away very often.

My brother (the one getting married) and his wife were beautiful and happy, and it was really nice. It was great having the whole family together. I just hate traveling and being away from home. Somehow I strained a neck muscle, so I spent the whole time with a very painful neck. What a literal pain in the neck!

As far as eating, I think I did pretty well, all things considered.

Angela

Last edited by aghiowa; 08-03-2008 at 03:31 PM.
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi All:

Nancy, I agree with the others. Buy a few new things, no matter where from. And, of course, Goodwill wants anyone to buy. They need the money.

Sandra, good luck!!!!

Angela, welcome home.

I went to see my former MIL in the nursing home and had lunch with her. Tonight DH and I are going to a friend's house where I'm cooking Jerk chicken for Caribana (big Island event here in Toronto). We'll see the raccoons again also most likely. They come to my yard too, but usually after I've already gone to bed.

I've been eating too much these last two days, but I'll be back to less food tomorrow and back to the gym also.

I read a study that said people who get some exercise for an hour a day, most days of the week have bodies as if they were 12 years younger. That should be enough to get you moving And, it doesn't have to be for one hour straight..just get moving.

Take care all,
Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-03-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #55  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Nancy, I agree with everyone else. Get a few things, or go to goodwill. You could actually get quite a bit, for what you would spend on a couple of outfits at the regular stores. I have a closet full of different sized clothes, because my weight has been low and high and low, so I finally got down to a size in my closet that I have quite a few things. Now I need to drop another couple of sizes to get to my next new wardrobe.

Hey Angela, glad you had a great time at the wedding!

Hi Paula and Vickie! Hope you both had a great weekend!

Rhonda, that's very interesting about the exercise. Maybe I should get off my butt and get in gear.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #56  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, you sound happy. That makes it easier to be on program.

I did 2 hours in the pool again. I don't do laps...it's 18' round and I don't really swim. I just run or jog or tread water. I try to keep moving. I figure it's better than sitting on the couch all day.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

Nancy, that's a great problem. Wish I had it. I agree with what everyone else here says. Get you some new duds and buy them wherever you want.

Rhonda, hmmmmmm? Twelve years younger would be peachy, wouldn't it? I'll be getting in a lot of walking this week. After this week I'll do something more formal. I'd really like to go back to the Women's Club in Missoula while we're up there.

Vickie, you're getting in a lot of great exercise with your time in your pool.

Angela, I'm glad you survived. Now take care of that neck. How about a massage?

Tracie, how are you feeling? Better I hope.

Paula, what did you do this weekend?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I tried to find the study on-line but couldn't. But if you just type "exercise 12 years younger" into your search engine (Google in my case), you will find discussion about the study.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sounds related to RealAge.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #60  

Morning chicks.....
I feel llike Ive been gone forever...my summer started with one of the saddest times in my life when my 20 year old nephew died in a car accident to one of the proudest times in my life last week when my oldest Dd got married. The wedding was beautiful and my dd was just beaming that day. She told me afterwards it was the happiest day of her life. What more can a mother want to hear. Its been very busy and Ive taken a few steps backwards in my eating plan...thats not an excuse though. Im back on track and dropped a few pounds since Ive been home again. Im starting to feel better too...I felt really down after the wedding. I think everything of the summer caught up to me all at once. Eating healthy is certainly helping.,... and gardening and Im going to start walking again too.
I didnt mean to be gone so long....Ive tried to catch up on the posts but its a little overwhelming@ I see theres lots of new faces here..and some *oldies* are missing. Hope everyone is well...glad to be back. Will post again soon.,...take care!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote