Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra-actually the one I'm going to try is called cobbler, and you posted it in May of 2005.

CORE COBBLER
5 cups mixed frozen mixed berries thawed (or fresh)
1/2 cup splenda
1 1/4 cup oatmeal
1 tsp cinnamon
ICBIB spray
1/2 cup water
cook 350 35 minutes

mix all ingredients except 1/4 oatmeal and icbib spray, put into a 9 by 13 baking dish, sprinkle with remaining oatmeal, spray with icbib spray, bake. THIS IS SOOO GOOD. The oatmeal is cooked by the juices in the fruit. I am making it right now with peaches and blueberries. SOO YUMMY, and SO satisfying, too.

As compared with the crisp recipes I looked at, this one sounded the best. It sounds so good that I might not wait for the wild berries and buy some frozen ones to try!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Canada Day, everyone.

Canada is 141 years old today. Of course, before that it was a collection of British Colonies, and before that it was home to the First Nations people. Ahh, what North America must have looked like before those ships made it across the Atlantic Ocean!

Sandra, in one year I am RETIRED, and headed back to Texas. The plan is to have Canada Day here in 2009, and then start the drive home. I plan to spend July 4, 2009 in Nebraska with a niece and her family, then continue the journey south.

I love red appliances! Mine are white, but I might just leave them here for my godson and get new ones next year. If so, they'll likley be red or cobalt blue, depending upon what the next kitchen looks like. I think my favorite kitchen was yellow, blue and white.

DH is still sleeping so I'm going to work on the study and filing cabinets. I got a lot done yesterday packing books and "stuff." And, DH got motivated and cleared out various piles of junk from here and there under the house, back porch, etc. We're calling the "got junk" people soon.

Have a great Core breakfast everyone and a good start to your day.

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #18  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Heres to a new Month and a new beginning. Can't believe that 1/2 then year is gone,and I gave myself until the end of this year to hit my weight goal of 140 by than. Hope I will make it.

Quote:
Stay Core, exercise and drink water everyone!
RHONDA-That what I'm planing to do this month staying on OP to the Core. I can't believe being on it for just 2 weeks and what a difference in my mood and being happy not to be counting points every time you put some thing in your mouth.

SLOANIE-My DH like storm also,but I'm deadly afraid of them, long story dated back to my childhood.Thanks Sloanie for the core cobbler recipe,it looks like a cool refreshing dessert for the hot summer months.

NANCY-Sorry about your bunnies not making it. Sad that a mom would do that in the animal kingdom. Hope things will work out.

THINGIRL--We're got a lot of storms which is usual for this neck of the woods they usually go up 195 corridor.

ON TARGET-Oh yes the stars are out on a clear night and they so beautiful.We seen the comet wiz by in the sky a couple of years ago and we get pretty rainbows. MY DH is a amateur Photographer and loves to take photos of all these natural invents.Glad that all your new furniture arrived and now you move on, now worrying about that anymore.

Have to get ready to go out shopping before the tourist get up and about.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-01-2008 at 09:15 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #19  

Hey chicks!
Just a quick note to say hi. I've got lots of errands today, and I slept longer than usual, so TTFN
Old 07-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #20  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone and Happy Canada Day to my northern chickies! Hope you are having a nice, op day.

Yesterday was tough, but its done and over. The mass was bad enough, but then the military honor burial.....needless to say when they played taps, everyone there was in tears. it was a wonderful tribute to my dad. I took dd to the beach today -- fabulous beach day. I ran into a friend with her dd, which was not planned. It was a nice day. tomorrow I need to help mom with a few more documents. Then I go back to work on Thursday. Then its the holiday on Friday.

We are not doing much for the holiday - we'll go to the fireworks on Thursday night (every year my family all meets at the same place), then there is a parade on Friday. Sunday my niece and her family will come down for a bbq. They attempted to come down earlier in June, but her dd ended up sick. So, assuming no one gets sick, we'll have it this weekend. It will be fun - they are coming to maine in August for the week. The girls are only 2 1/2 years apart, both are only children. So it works out.

Today is a new day and a new month. I need to get control of my eating fast -- did well today at the beach. Brought all core foods and a 100 calorie ritz snack mix. Grilled turkey tenderloins for dinner with some coucous salad. I have not written down my weight - I'll do that next Tuesday. I did weigh myself this morning, I'm up about 3 pds, so I've got some work to do.

I need to read and catch up on what is going on with you all. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers over the past few weeks. It amazing how close a group posting can become. I've missed keeping up on whats going on.

Take care!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Sloan, let us know what you think of the cobbler. I have made it and liked it. (And I used frozen peaches.)

Rhonda, I am excited about your retiring and heading south. Ask dh about Grandmother's cookstove. You and I definitely fit in this family. Come to think of it, I think we talked about that stove when ya'll were down earlier.

BB, how impressive that you can see the stars and other heavenly wonders through your skylight. Sounds wonderful to me.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Paula, I can tell by your post that you are a strong woman. I'm glad you and dd went to the beach.. Congratulations on staying Core.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #23  

Hi All:

Paula, I agree with Sandra: your strength shines through. I bet your Dad would be extremely proud of you for bearing up, being good with your DD and helping your Mom.

I remember when my Dad died he had almost NO material possessions to have to deal with. The family home was full of stuff, but his own possessions were quite limited in number. No doubt it was just the way he was but also the generation he was from: he let my mother do all the shopping!

I've been packing boxes and shredding old financial documents almost all day. Unlike my Dad, I have too much stuff!

Rhonda
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #24  

From 9:15 this morning to 9 pm, I have been on the go. When I got home from my last stop, the funeral home for my friend's mom, I pan fried some tilapia with my oil and some cornmeal for coating. It was delicious. Tomorrow I'll spend most of the day doing the funeral and then feeding the family and friends. Our church usually gives a lunch for the family when someone passes away, and I'm in charge of this one. I won't be cooking, but I will be transporting the food to my friends home, setting up and then cleaning up. I do have someone to help, but even with two of use we will be busy. Needless to say, I haven't tried the cobbler. I would love to be eating some right now, but I've had no time. Maybe by Thursday I'll have had time to try it.

Oh yea, one of my errands was wi. I gained .6lb, but that's okay. I know I should have had a loss, but I'm pretty sure TOM is almost here. I'm staying on core, so I know I should have a loss next week.

Paula-I know your mom appreciates your support, and your daughter needs you right now, too. It sounds like you have been very strong, just don't forget to allow yourself to grieve.

Rhonda-how was Canada day?

Have a great rest of the evening, chicks!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #25  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi chickies! Feeling better tonight. Been packing and getting ready to head north. We are going up north after all, but only until saturday as my dbf's brother and his family aren't going up until saturday. So at least we have thursday & friday there. Then we are coming back on saturday and taking our boat out with some friends. Should be fun!

Paula, I'm glad you are doing better. I know it's been tough, but you seem to be holding it all together. We are here for you!

BB, core really does make you feel better. I need to get in some more exercise. Wish I could walk more, but can't because of the bad knee.

Sloanie, sounds like you will be very busy tomorrow. And don't worry about the .6. TOM tends to do that to you.

Rhonda, you sound very busy as well! Happy Canada day!

Sandra, you must have had a great time shopping for all your new stuff! I would love to do that!

If I don't talk to you all, Happy 4th! Have a great holiday!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #26  

Mornin' everyone
Old 07-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #27  

Morning ladies. Just a quick hello as I am heading out again. We were at the lake all day yesterday and then we took the kids out to a baseball game to see The Long Island Ducks, it was alot of fun. This morning I am heading out to hi-lite my friends hair after that I should be able to putter around the house and get some things done.

I have been eating mainly core but I have used some of my wpa, why do I feel guilty when I use them , I had 2 slices of pizza last night for dinner and I feel like I cheated and of course my scale is up a bit from the sodium I have to keep telling myself they are there to use.

I will catch up with the posts later, have a great day!
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Well, its official, I'm back OP! I just went on line and updated my food from yesterday and today. I took a 45 minute walk this morning as well. I feel in control and back on track. When I got back from my walk there was a delivery from Edible Arrangements -- a fruit arrangement. Melons, grapes, strawberries and pineapple! I'm thrilled. I've been picking at it already.

Niki, I bet its the sodium. It does feel like cheating when you splurge - doesn't it! I used about 24 points in one day -- I felt like I had blown it. But once I did figure out the points, it was fine. Thats the great thing about WW and core, you can eat anything as long as you watch the amounts.

Sandra, I see all your furniture is in. Are you officially in the new house? How exciting!!!

Slaon, hope you day is a bit slower today. With TOM, my weight can go up 2 pds! Thats usually the day before it starts. Keep on plan, it will be gone next week.

Tracie, have fun on your trip! We are not doing much for the holiday weekend. Keeping quiet.

Going to sit outside and read a bit. BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #29  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

After eating my core dinner my friend called and asked if i wanted to go our to lunch. I went with her but I ordered marinated clams appetizer and a cup of decaf coffee with a splash of milk. We had a great time talking as our both DH's have the same hacking cough.

This morning I didn't go out as the heat alert is till on for seniors. We have all the A/C's going to keep it cool in the house. Had salads made with a vinaigrette base,with some pollack fish fillet. Tonight I keeping the menu light also.

PAULA-I been to several military funerals,and taps always is a very sad tune for our fallen ones. Had number of friends & family involved. Remember there in a better place. The best is get back to normal living,glad you were able to take your DD to the beach. Have a happy forth,remembering the ones that gave us this freedom from year to year. We're not doing anything special,just trying to eat the core way.,to finally get this weight off once on for all.

Quote:
BB, how impressive that you can see the stars and other heavenly wonders through your skylight. Sounds wonderful to me.

ONTARGET-OH NO!! by all means I wouldn't be able to see all that only threw my skylights. No I was talking about being out doors and looking up to the sky.We have a med size window but all that beauty would never fit into the skylight.

SLOANIE-Sorry about your friends mom passing.Its hard on the families left behind. Your gain of .6 is probably water retention with all the hot weather out there.Just keep on with your plan and you're sure to lose it next week.

TRACY-I love the core way its too bad that WW didn't have this program years ago,when the exchanges changed to the point plan. Be care full with your bad knee, maybe you could do some strength training for your upper body instead. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

NIKI-I feel the same way but I still use my WPA & A/P's .So far this week I have 20WPA's left and I get new ones on Friday.

Have a great day

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-02-2008 at 01:44 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #30  

Hi All:

Canada Day was quiet for us, intentionally so.

I was back at work today, wishing not to have to be there. Oh well, one day at a time is all we get so I'll have to be more patient. When I left the office I told myself that I had done all I could for today and to let it go. I hope I can do that.

Off to do more chores around the homestead!

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 07-02-2008 at 04:54 PM.