Old 05-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #46  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning ladies. Just got back from grocery shopping. Dropped dd off at a friends to play this morning. So I have tiime to finish cleaning then I'm going out for a long walk. There is a 3 mile walk, that if I time it right, I can stop and pick up Sarah on the way back.

I was looking at soy cheese for something different - boy those are expensive! Rather than paying close to $5 for 8 or 6 slices, I actually found wrapped, fat free american cheese slices (store brand). There are 12 for $3. I just had one --- boy am I surprised at how good it is!! So much more like real cheese than the shredded fat free cheese. That's my find for today.

I have a couple of recipes to try this weekend - one of them beign the carrot cake. I'll post the other one if its any good - sort of a cheesey ground beef pie with a roasted red pepper crust.

Thats all for now, off to vacuum!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good early afternoon:

It's been raining here in Toronto, but seems to be trying to clear up.

I'm trying to have a low calorie and active weekend. We'll see if I succeed! I think I'll look at that carrot cake recipe too!

Have a great day all.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #48  

I had a much nicer day today. My 18 year old built a rabbit shed for me so I will be able to get my 2 bunnies out of the garage!! Yeah!!
I got alot done and then we went to PFChang's to celebrate my 16 year
old's birthday. I didn't eat much and only a bite of cake. I had taken a decongestant earlier for a sinus headache and that always kills my appetite.
Didn't plan it but it worked out good for my diet
My 16 year old that was so mad at me yesterday took the Mother's Day card
he had given me and tore it up(my other son told me). I am thinking about not mentioning it and retrieving it from the trash and taping it together and putting it back on the fridge.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:01 PM   #49  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I had a pretty good day today. Got my house cleaned, took a bike ride, ate op and went to a baseball game. We have our city's local team so I went with my dbf and his daughter, mother and his sisterand her family. I was a bit worried because of all the food they have there. You know, hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, all the good stuff they have at stadiums. I brought a bag of cherries and bought a water there and that's what I had. I'm proud of myself for not giving in to temptation. They were all eating peanuts and candy and icecream but I stuck to my guns and ate my cherries and drank my water.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' ladies,
Been so busy, but thinking of you all.
Tracie, great job at the ball game!
Nancy, hang in there. Those teens can be hard to deal with sometimes.
Got through graduation yesterday eating chocolate! Back op today.
Have a great day everyone, Sloan
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 AM   #51  

I need to know what everyone thinks.. I am not losing after 3 weeks.
I think I have been very good about following the diet. I think I am going to try flex/calories staring tommorrow . It worked once before for me but I quit
too soon.
I am going to do 300 cal breakfast/fiber drink mid morning/
300 calorie lunch/fiber drink & fruit mid afternoon/400 calorie dinner/
100 calorie snack at 8 ish . I am going to still eat the healthy core foods
as much as possible but get on a more structured eating routine.
This should put me near 1200 and with walking I should see the scales
move.
I met a girl at the WW meeting that wants to walk also so we are going to start meeting tomorrow to walk together.
Should I switch to another forum since I am trying flex??
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote