Old 04-28-2008, 07:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Core Chat -- Monday 4/28-Sunday 5/4

New pages for a new week!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 AM   #2  

Hey Nancy -- core does work, you just need to stick with it. When is your wi day? You may be surprised. One question, how are your portions? I know for me, its easy to eat all core but go over board. Core works not only for the food list, but also knowing when to stop eating. I've done core since it was introduced in 2004 (lost 40pds and reached goal in 9 months). What I tell alot of people about core is that it works well as long as you don't have a problem with portion control. Also, what about sodium and also TOM?

Well, getting ready for the day. I'm looking forward to wi tomorrow. BBL
Old 04-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the new pages, Paula.

Welcome, Trish. I'll answer for Sandra. She's a native Texan, and so am I. I'm married to her cousin, but she says I'm her favorite She's mine, too.

It's a rainy day here, with Spring bursting out all over. Thank goodness the public transit is back to work. But, my car saga continues. Never mind!

I guess it's Spring that has done it to me, but I've got a lot more motivation than in the last few months. I'm a few pounds short of my ever-moving goal post, not having lost an ounce in the past few weeks. But, I'm still in the game.

I'm making a crock pot beef stew for dinner, but am short of ideas for lunch to take to work with me today. I think I'm a little bored

We had quite a chatty board last week, and that was good to see.

Coco, hang in there. Write it all down, drink your water, and move more. You'll get there even though you're in a funk right now. Take heart!

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-28-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:29 AM   #4  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning all

I stayed on plan all weekend, but I ate sushi Thurs and Fri and there's a 2lb gain (water) and it won't go away!!!
Tomorrow is wi and seriously I was close to throwing my scale out the window!!!

Anyways I won't let it dictate my day...I need to get over it!!!

How is everyone else?
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #5  

Morning all!

How are all of you doing? I had a great weekend. I baby sat for my new great nephew( 3 months old) on Saturday and Sunday after church took my best friend to dinner for her B-day. She wanted to go to Famous Daves and I used some of my points but I managed to stay OP. We had a wonderful time. Today I have a busy day, after work there is groceries and pick up my son's car from the shop.

Imdedicated - Try and drink as much water as you can today. I'm sure it will all work out.

Have a great day all!!
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've a busy day ahead of me today. I need to start returning some of the things I decided not to keep for the bathrooms and bedroom redecorating projects.

I'll take Honey Lamb out for lunch...maybe. I've a hankering for an eggbeater omelet with avocado, mushrooms, FF cheddar, and some turkey sausage for points. All that gets topped with some hot sauce. Yum!

It's raining here today and we expect to get some snow overnight. We'll have to cover our sprinkler system to keep it from freezing. Sheesh!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #7  
I'm his Princess!

S/C/G: 270/236/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercee View Post
Morning all!

How are all of you doing? I had a great weekend. I baby sat for my new great nephew( 3 months old) on Saturday and Sunday after church took my best friend to dinner for her B-day. She wanted to go to Famous Daves and I used some of my points but I managed to stay OP. We had a wonderful time. Today I have a busy day, after work there is groceries and pick up my son's car from the shop.

Imdedicated - Try and drink as much water as you can today. I'm sure it will all work out.

Have a great day all!!
Oh Im drinking since Fri and they're not going away....but I'm working hard
Imdedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #8  
focused and aiming

Morning, Chickies. DH and I are up readying to go to the doctor. Both of us have high cholesterol again. Hmmmmm ........wonder if it's from moving back to "The Chicken-Fried Kingdom" or if it's just that I've been eating like food's going out of style? Anyway, I'm hoping we both can lower ours by eating healthier. Core's the key!

Trish, I am like Rhonda said--a native Texan. I am a retired Texas teacher who met and married a native Texan who had transplanted to Montana back in the 70's. I was in Montana from 97 till fall of 07. Now DH has brought me home. And--Rhonda is my absolute favorite cousin. No doubt about that. Do you have plans to come to Texas sometime soon? Just wondering.

Rhonda, Cuz, I am sooooo proud of you for hanging in there with your constant positive attitude. That's super important.

Vickie, did you get your omelet today? Curtis and I are going to Subway after the doctor's visit. I'll also be at Subway this evening for our final math tutorial. The test istomorrow. She's ready for it. She'll do well.

Mercee, we have a Famous Dave's in Missoula. I always enjoyed going there. The good thing about WW is we can go almost anywhere as long as we make healthy choices.

Paula and Coco, I hope you're having a great OP day.

Nancy, maybe your body's having to deal with what you ate just prior to going on Core. I knowsometimes it takes a bit for your body to adapt.

Imdedicated, sounds like water build up. Hang in there.

Part of Curtis and my problem with food is we've been eating like we were on vacation ever since we left Montana. I think we're now back in control. I was op the entire week and am now beginning week #2. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithsarah View Post
Hey Nancy -- core does work, you just need to stick with it. When is your wi day? You may be surprised. One question, how are your portions? I know for me, its easy to eat all core but go over board. Core works not only for the food list, but also knowing when to stop eating. I've done core since it was introduced in 2004 (lost 40pds and reached goal in 9 months). What I tell alot of people about core is that it works well as long as you don't have a problem with portion control. Also, what about sodium and also TOM?

Well, getting ready for the day. I'm looking forward to wi tomorrow. BBL

What is TOM ???

Okay I confess that weigh day is everyday...4 X's a day actually..
I know...... but I can't resist. I am going to get my Husband to hide the scale from me

I am pretty good at eating just enough to be satisfied and small portions.
I am having my am coffee with creamer, so if I do not lose I may have to
adjust that.

Thanks!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #10  

TOM is what you don't have when you're my age!! Hallelujah!!!

"time of the month"....
Old 04-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
TOM is what you don't have when you're my age!! Hallelujah!!!

"time of the month"....
Oh .. I was thinking trans ...something LOL
Yeah .. I don't have to worry about TOM anymore either.

My daughter from Ca took me to a Traders Joe in a nearby town( NC)
and I found so many healty foods to try. Great prices also.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #12  

OK, wish I didn't have to worry about TOM!!! For me, my weight can go up or seem to stall just for that reason
Old 04-28-2008, 08:33 PM   #13  

oh, don't worry, Paula. There's still plenty left to worry about
Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 PM   #14  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi Ladies!

Imdedicated, if you wi this week retaining water, and you continue drinking lots of water, next week you will really loose a lot. I know it sucks to wi and see a gain when you have been op all week, but that sometimes happens. Don't throw the scale!!

Nancy Core really does work.

I wi today and lost another 3.4 lbs . I'm really happy! I hit my 10% goal and lost a total of 21.8 lb so far, and I've only been op 6 weeks! Life is good. The thing I like is all the different recipes and all you great people on this site, it has seemed very easy, so far. Plus I think I have a different mind set this time. That is, this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. I have to eat like this always and not go back to the way I was eating. And with all the great dishes I have been eating, I don't think that will be a problem. Although I will still get my chinese once in a while, among some of my other favorites. But that will only be once in awhile, not all the time.

twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #15  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Nancy

Are you watching your portion sizes? A misconception some people have about core is you can eat all you want, as long as it is a core food. The fact is you can eat until your satisfied, not full. My DBF is helping me with portion control, although now since I have definitely shrunk my stomach, I can't eat as much as I used to eat and I'm getting used to the smaller portions, and I sometimes don't even eat all of what he gives me, because I don't need it. Plus, I usually eat my vegetables first, so if I am satisfied before my food is gone, it's usually the meat that I leave on my plate.
Just keep trying. I know core works if you just stick with it.

twestra is offline   Reply With Quote