Old 02-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #46  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. One week until I can say "my cleaning lady came today". I'm very excited to have her start.

Vickie, hope you are feeling better. Let us know what the dr says.

Rhonda, checked Fiber One on the WW site -- its not core, but 1/2 cup is 0 points. Switches to 1 point for 2/3 of a cup. I know grapenuts are not officially core, but they don't throw me off at all. I'd say try them as core -- can you eat more than 1/2 cup?

Frouf, keep up the exercise -- you are doing great. I know its easy to lose motivation, but look at what you have accomplished already and how well you are doing. One week until your 2/14 date -- YOU CAN DO IT!

Sandra, the pond sound so nice. I would love to have Pecan trees, I don't think they would do well up here. I have my raspberry bushes and I'm going to do a small container garden this year. Of course can'tthink about any of that until closer to May.

Well, got to get some work done. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

Paula, we didn't have any pecan trees in Montana either. They are "everywhere" down here in North Central Texas. A container garden sounds neat. Did you know Angela had a box garden?

Frouf, I am glad you can eat pecans. We have one mature tree already here and got several handfuls of pecans last fall. We don't know how long we'll have to wait for pecans from the newbies. Hopefully not too long. (We're old.)

Tad Early. It's good to have you join us. Hop right in. Congratulations on your weightloss. Sounds like you're doing great. Let's nip that plateau in the bud.

Vickie, I hope you can get some relief soon. Bless your heart. Don't you wonder, "What next?" sometimes?

Patti, I wish dd the best.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #48  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi All

Looks likes everyone is plugging along.

Patty- I've been to Barrie a million times and love it. There is lots to do there and is absolutely beautiful in the summertime. It is located right on Georgian Bay and has a great marina and lots of beach space. Having said that I hope your dd likes snow because there is a lot of it there. It is located right in the middle of a snow belt so that may be a little bit of a challenge for her...unless she likes skiing - in which case she will be close to some great spots to do that. It is a sprawling town and I'm not really sure how the transit system is but I'm sure if she had her own car nothing would be a problem. The good news is that I have never really heard of anything bad crime wise happening there since they busted the grow-op that had settled into the old vacant Molson's Brewery a couple of years ago! I hope that makes you feel better

To all others - Stay CORE. I'll be back later...must go and help dig out from the snow!
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #49  

Hi Everyone
WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!
Not much going on here.
Was storming off and on here last night. So couldnt get on. Thought I would. Then heard thunder. So just stayed off. Didnt want anything to happen to the computer. I would be lost if something happened.
Hubby's Dr appt went ok. So that was good.
Made some veggies today. Took some cabbage, carrots, sweet pepper, onions, zucchini, turnips and mushrooms. Put them in a baking dish. Then added diced tomatoe's and some Mrs. Dash. And baked until done. They were kinda tasty if I may say so. The guys like them. Didnt figure son would. Tells me he dont like turnips. But he ate some. Asked him. Thought you didnt like turnips. Said I dont. Told him you are eating them. Said he couldnt tell they were in there.
Well I guess I will get off here for now.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Thinking of each of you.
Hope everyone has had a great day.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi All:

That's a cute story, Coco, about your son. Once I watched my brother eat a whole bowl of cherries all the while commenting how much he didn't like cherries. He didn't even know what he was eating!

I don't have much to say tonight. I'm just very tired from work and I'm going to do nothing. I was supposed to go to but by the time I got home I was NOT going to dig the car out of the snow bank created by the snow plow that went by. Nor was I taking all the snow off the car. To heck with it.

I hope everyone had a good day. I miss fruit; it's day 2!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #51  

Evening ladies! I'm exhausted...I have been working at the store all afternoon/evening. I grouted the ladies' restroom walls, which was a pretty big job. I am so proud of my 9 year old. I brought her along, and she was actually a big help! She washed off the excess grout behind me, and did a pretty good job too. My poor dh is still there, and will probably be there for a long time yet tonight. They're gluing the plastic backing board behind where all the plumbing fixtures go (like the sinks etc) since the plumber is coming in early tomorrow morning. I'm thrilled about that...perhaps we'll have a toilet in the store soon!

We are still digging out of the 14" of snow that fell here yesterday. I don't remember this much snow falling here in a looong time. My poor brother who loves extreme weather is stuck out in NYC, which I hear has been having a very boring weather year so far.

I think I am going to curl up in bed with a good book and maybe a mug of hot cocoa and go to sleep early. I should be working tomorrow, although the last 2 days have been snow days. Who knows!

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #52  

Morning:

Sounds like good progress, Angela. When you finish, you can come here and help me with my bathroom reno. We're starting in the Spring so you can come here when you finish there!

I lost another pound overnight. I hope I never see it again!

Have a great OP day all.

Rhonda
Old 02-08-2008, 06:26 PM   #53  
focused and aiming

I agree. Sounds like everyone's plugging along. We're going to friends tonight for a get together. I think there will be about a dozen of us. (school chums) Should be fun. We'll be gone most of the weekend so I might not get here much for a few days.

Have a great OP! weekend, Chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #54  

Hi Everyone
Well had a fairly nice day today. Started out with some snow. But it stopped and then all melted. Not sure what the weather is suppose to be for the rest of the weekend.
Well heres my day.
Went to the Dr. Needed to see about getting some pills changed. Well the DR wasnt there. So the nurse said she couldnt do it. I had to come back. So go back Monday.
Then we needed a new answering machine. Got one. Cant get it to work. It rings. Acts like it is going to answer. Makes a beep sound. And then continues to ring. And then it messes up the time and date when they are set. So called the phone company. Said sounds like something the matter with the machine. So guess we will take it back on Monday.
So that has been my day.
I hope everyone has had a great day.
And I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Not sure what we will do this weekend. No big plans.
Well I am going to go catch up on some e-mails.
Have a nice relaxing evening.
Thinking of everyone
coco
Old 02-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #55  

ONTARGET have a wonderful weekend. That is great to get together with friends.
coco
Old 02-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #56  

Thanks Lytricia.....it really does...I have talked to a few people who have said teh same thing about the crime...its very little! Thank god! AS for the snow......shes from northwestern ontario.....haha our winter is from oct-apr....with 6 foot snowbanks! She went for her interview last week during one of those snowstorms that hit TO....she said it wasnt THAT bad.......hahah. No car to travel but shes been bussing it for 3 years at school and has gotten used to it. Shes a tough independant cookie!
Thanks for your help!!

Back to add down 3 this week......I made my next goal!! Im .5 away from 50 pounds gone.....so close!

Coco roasted veggies are sooo good. Love them that way!!
Have a good weekend Sandra! behave!
Hope your taking it easy Vickie,,your not on today hope its not becasue of another snow storm!!
Angela all this work...I know its going to be worth it!
How did the cleaning lady make out Paula?
Rhonda,,I know there are times we dont feel like exercising but I find those are the times I feel better after making myself do it...BUT that being said..this snow has to stop dosnt it??? Ive had enough too......
Waving to everyone else!! ttyl

Last edited by p.a.; 02-08-2008 at 07:12 PM.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #57  

Wow, Patty, you've done so well. I hope you don't leave us when you reach your goal!!!

Oh I know, Lytricia, I almost always feel better after exercising, even for a little while. But, I had had two nights of insomnia also. I couldn't even wiggle. I also decided that slogging through snow while walking 40 minutes to the subway and back was not exactly lazing around!

So, tonight our water in the fridge door contraption spilled out all over the floor. DH was a sweetie and fixed it while I vegged out. Tomorrow, we will likely get the dishwasher installed unless there is a another snow storm and the plumber can't get here. We are close to a record snow level in Toronto. It is certainly more than I have ever seen, even more than that 9 years ago when we had a doozey storm.

Sandra, have fun!

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 02-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #58  

Hello...where is everyone today?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #59  

shovelling.........
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #60  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been posting as we have been having problems with both of our computers. I keeps timing out and it is suppose to be because of the wireless router, who knows. I can't even send emails.
I believe everyone is out shoveling, I can not wait for the snow to end. I hear we are getting more snow tonight. Enough already.
I do hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your weekend.
Take Care
Ann
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote