Old 02-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #1  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Default The Best WorkOut Music Ever!!! Let's start a collection!

So, what music gets you going?
My ipod has a good 50+ songs that USED to pump me up, but I'm kind of sick of them now!
Time to shake things up a little so that I don't use boredom as an excuse to stop exercising!
Can you guys suggest some songs? Help!!!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

What kind of music do you like? Rock? 70's? I just put a ton of music on mine but haven't listened to any yet. I made my own 70's compilation that makes me pretty darned happy. I guess I need to get on the treadmill and try them out.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #3  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

I like alternative music---green day, seether, blink 182.....the list goes on
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:29 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I listen to a wide range of things. It depends on my mood. Metal, hardcore, punk, ska, reggae, bluegrass (I know, this one kind of stands out here ) and some 80's new wave.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #5  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Matchbox 20 works good for me on the treadmill, and C&C music factory (which I can't listen to except for exercising ). Black eyed peas, pump it, or whatever the name of that song is pretty motivating.

Depends on what type of music you like, mostly for me it's the beat, so I listen to lots of different stuff, too.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay so in my 'power walking' days (yes I used to be in better shape!) I used to LOVE those dance mix tapes - and now that I am doing my weight training at home I actually dug an old one out (like dance mix 95 or 96) and boy does that beat get me going!

Guess I willl need to somehow find this on CD? or download to my ipod?

I do have an old gloria estafan - probably Miami sound machine CD - which is also very upbeat - latin/drumming, etc - very good for walking or exercising to
...and yes I have been known to exercise to broadway musicals as well - i'm the one with the headphones on singing like a maniac! ha ha ha

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #7  
banned

i like 70's and 80's
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

Lately I've been doing Pilates to the Top Gear Driving Anthems CD. Haha. I realize I am not driving a car, but the songs are good! They're, for the most part, old(er) rock songs but they're upbeat without being too overwhelming for something as quiet as Pilates. It has songs like Sweet Home Alabama by Lynard Skynyrd, which is one of my favourites, Don't Stop Me Now by Queen, and newer stuff like Coldplay's Clocks. When I do my stepper I watch TV/a movie, so don't have any suggestions for more "active" exercise I'm afraid!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #9  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie View Post
What kind of music do you like? Rock? 70's? I just put a ton of music on mine but haven't listened to any yet. I made my own 70's compilation that makes me pretty darned happy. I guess I need to get on the treadmill and try them out.
I would love to see some of the songs you picked out for this. Anything upbeat really motivates me. I love the disco type stuff. I'm a 70's/80's child! LOL
Paintfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:03 AM   #10  

for workout music I recommend european dance music....

it's ALWAYS the best motivational tool for me...

.....and you don't have to tell anyone at the office if u just listen to it on the mp3 player at the gym ....

.... here's a compilation series on itunes that I recommend:

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?albumTerm=Euro+Club+Hits+Vol +
khualno is offline   Reply With Quote