Old 01-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #1  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Default A more complete list of Core foods than in Eat Wisely?

The list I'm using to identify Core foods is the WW "Eat Wisely" booklet; is there anything more complete on line, or perhaps available from WW?

I found a recipe for Quinoa Chili in the weekend newspaper and I'm pretty sure it's Core; the only ingredients in it that aren't in the booklet are pureed chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce, and I'm pretty sure they're ok (well, chili powder too). I'll post it in the recipe section and you can take a look.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, and I just need to relax a little!
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

The WW online tools provide a much more extensive list of foods and their points values, as well as whether or not those foods are core.

I looked up the peppers on the site, and there was no core check box next to it. I can only assume that it might be because of the sauce it is packed in.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #3  
Changing behaviours

Thanks Modkittn; I googled "core food list" and came up with something from the Soulcysters website.

And I bought chipotle peppers today; the sauce contains tomato puree, distilled vinegar, water, onions, vegetable oil, brown sugar, salt, garlic, clove, laurel and oregano. So I guess the sugar is the problem, but a slight one, since the recipe only calls for 1 Tbsp.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Fressca, there is also a Daily Food Companion you can buy from WW. I threw mine away in anticipation of the new 2008 version which hasn't come out yet. So..I couldn't look it up for you. I'm sure the sugar is the problem. It doesn't even sound like it will add any points to your recipe. I love chipotle in adobo.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #5  
banned

the fc is the most complete thing available
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #6  

The new one is out now!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #7  
Changing behaviours

Great - I'll check it out when I go to WI on Friday. I made the chili with the chipotle in adobo; the recipe only called for 1 Tbsp and made 10 servings.

Last edited by Fressca; 02-19-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:46 AM   #8  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Fressca the vegetable oil is also not core, although the little bit that must be in the sauce wouldn't have much affect if you are only using 1 Tblsp. The only oils that are core are canola, olive, flaxseed and safflower oils.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote