Old 01-18-2008, 10:06 PM   #61  

Hi all! My plans for the weekend... hmmm. How about never leave the house unless I absolutely HAVE to? It's also going to be subzero here, even without factoring in windchill. Ick.

I have been subbing in another early childhood special ed classroom this week, and I really enjoyed it. So I decided I would be their "permanant sub" every Thursday and Friday. This way I get some cash but also still some free time.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I'm with you, Angela! It's darned cold here. I love that you are being a substitute teacher. I just know you are excellent. I would have loved to have you as a teacher.

I'm playing with my iPod this morning. I'm working on my 70's collection right now. Woo Hoo!

As my good friend Sandra says....Life is Good! I'm also looking forward to trying a new recipe tonight. I realized that my water consumption is way WAY down. So back to my tricks to force myself to drink. Like right now I have to drink 16 ounces before I can read any more internet stuff.

I'll be back later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 AM   #63  
focused and aiming

We're heading for the Austin area this AM. It's cold here, too, but not like in most of your areas. It's windy. I don't know what the wind chill is, but it's keeping my nose running. Is that exercise?

Vickie, I'm thinking of getting a WII. Do you know anything about them?

Angela, I am tutoring my granddaughter 2 days a week and having a ball. We're working on math. I look at math like working puzzles. Third grade math is much more advanced than when I was in school.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #64  
Southside White Sox Fan

Lytricia, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

Rhonda, have fun today. I always wanted to learn scrapbooking but haven't made the effort.

Ouch Coco! Diabetics can have neuropathy in their feet. It's nerve pain and it hurts like crazy. I've had a bit of nerve pain in my feet and was glad it went away. Your poor hubby!

Good Luck Sandra!

Happy Anniversary Frouf! I'm glad your DH sounds like he is making a good effort at your marriage. Most of all, I'm SO proud of you for the exercise. Don't forget, it takes a while for the effects to show up....you know the whole sore muscle retains water thing.

Patti, I wouldn't change my chick either. You'll get back there.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #65  
focused and aiming

Lytricia, I wish you could come down here and cheer with us, too.

Rhonda, sounds like you have a busy weekend planned. I'd rather be with you than with Doyle.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #66  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Hi Sandra! Sorry I don't know anything about the WII. One thing I'm not into is games.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #67  
Southside White Sox Fan

Maybe Angela or someone with kids can help you.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

What is a WII???

Scrapbooking was fun, of course. Boy, you could spend a LOT of money. But, I'm not; I'm being very modest with this adventure.

The renovators didn't do much today. They re-routed the dryer vent from out the window to a more appropriate vent. It will look much better. They are building cabinets to go around the washer-dryer to give them a built-in look and the vent hose will now be hidden in the cabinet.

DH has invited me out to one of my favorite local spots. It's not his, so it's a little gift to me to go there. They have a pasta dish he likes, and I'll have a salad, or maybe I'll splurge with a steak. We're having a big brunch tomorrow, and I think I'm eating too much!!!

Angela, that's nice about subbing. I think teaching little kids must be a lot of fun. (work, but fun)

Coco, I really hope your DH gets help with his feet.

Have a great night.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #69  

Hi Everyone
Well right now it is 26 degrees here. But I guess here later tonight early morning. The cold is coming. Down in the single digits by morning. And in some areas with the wind chill. May be -10 to -15. But that is in the higher areas. So not planning on going out much tomorrow. To church and back.
And then stay in and keep warm. Just out to walk the girls.(doggies)
VICKIE Yes Diabetics do usually have neuropathy. But hubby isnt a diabetic. I am with you on the water thing. Now that it is cooler. Alright down right cold. I am having a harder time getting the water in. If I could drink coffee or some flavored teas all day. I would be alright. I have heard of the Ipods. Where do you get the music for those. Do you have get it all off the internet. Thought that would be great. Whenever I get back to exersiceing. Or may just stick with my little cd player. But have to get back to the exercise first. But want to try and get the eating under control first.
ONTARGET Hope you had a good trip today.
TEJAS I agree with you. Scrapbooking is kinda expensive. I was doing a little bit at one time. Getting rubber stamps and all. And it was adding up real quick. Especially getting started. So guess I will go back to cross stitching. But that is expensive anymore too. I do the stamped cross stitch. Havent figured out how to do the counted yet. But some of those kits are expensive. And then the other day I needed some floss and they raised the price of that. Wal Mart was carrying some stuff. but they stopped carrying it. So about the only place I have found that has any around here. Is Micheals. I use to get a book. That has some stuff in it. But looked the other day on the internet. And said the new catalog would be on the site. So dont know if I can order the book for home or not. So may e-mail them and see if they would send a catalog. I am not sure what a WII is. I think it has something to do with playing games.
FROUFY Hope you are having a wonderful anniversary.
AGHIOWA Congrats on the job.
LYTRICIA hope you are feeling better. Son is complaining of his head hurting. And down the sides of his neck. And he sounds kinda stopped up. So told him to take some Nyquil tonight. Maybe that will help him.
TO EVERYONE ELSE I am thinking of you. Hope you are have a wonderful weekend.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Stay warm everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #70  

A Wii is the newest Nintendo game system. You have a tv remote-looking device you play with, and it's motion sensitive, so you can swing it around and your character (or whatever game you're playing) will move with you. Like, there's tennis or bowling etc. That's about all I know about it.

Angela
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #71  
focused and aiming

That's about all I know about WII, too. I'm going to check it out soon.

We're home and tired. Today was a good day--lots of fun. Tomorrow we'll get our treadmill. Life is good.

Have a good evening, everyone. I'm tired and am logging off now.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All:

We're in the deep freeze too. It's about 15 F (-9 C, or so). And, the wind is blowing. The only high point is that the sun is shining. It has been so grey here that I have felt like simply hibernating and I can't do that. I do NOT want to take the dog for a walk. I'm sure he's not too interested either from his behavior in the back yard....out, then in!

OK, I have to be strong this morning. We're headed to a friend's house for brunch! She's such a good cook and never met a carb that she didn't like. Of course, she's skinny too. (If I didn't love her, I would hate her )

I behaved myself at dinner: salad with broiled chicken on top, one glass of white wine and no bread.

Stay warm everyone and sit by a sunny window, if you have one!

Froufie! I hope you had a good time and that DH keeps getting his priorities straight!

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 01-20-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #73  

Hi all! Nice, when I check the temperature here online, it says it's -15.2F. I'm so glad we have that .2 on there!

I think for church I am going to dispense with fashion and wear tall fuzzy socks.

I am gearing up for the weight loss that is GOING to happen. I have been out of control for long enough. I know I can do it - I did it before.

My sister, my mother, and 2 of my sisters in law and I went to see "Enchanted" last night. I hadn't really heard anything about it, but it was really cute! When it's out on video, I will definitely show it to my girls. I think they would get a kick out of it.

Time to go get ready for church.

Later!
Angela
Old 01-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #74  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Well, it's frighteningly cold here too again. We are supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow starting tomorrow. I think we'll have our Chipotle dinner tonight instead of tomorrow. I'll have Jim drive me to WW in the morning and go to the grocery store while I'm in my meeting. Then we can come home and hibernate again. I have my mammogram on Tuesday morning so I'll have to go out then.

I'm craving cornmeal chicken done on the George Foreman grill. Jim loves it and would like it more often but it's a project for me so I don't make it often. When I do, I make a lot because it is just awesome cold out of the refrigerator. The recipe is on our boards for any newbies here. I love to serve it with oven fries and a veggie. It feels like fried chicken and fries!

I'm really enjoying playing with my iPod that I got for Christmas. As you know, we bought an iMac and now that I'm learning it I'd never go back to the PC. The Mac has an awesome calendar and address book. And, of course, the iPhoto is outstanding. I just learned that I can sync my calendars, address book, and all my photos onto my iPod with all my music! I'll have all my information with me in my teeny tiny little iPod. The only downside is you can't enter information on it like you can a PDA but I can live with that. Now I don't have to have separate calendars and stuff. It's been SO time consuming for me to set it up and learn it. But it's keeping me out of the food. So....it's a good thing.

I'm off to breakfast. I'll be back later.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #75  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all, is there room for this lost chickie to find her way home???? I don't think I've posted since last September when I switched to a low carb woe. It works really well if you follow it right, but any small slips and I found my weight would swing 2-4 pds in one day. Not a good thing for me -- so, after a lot of thought I decided to join WW again.

I had been doing the at work sessions for years, but for the first time in about 4 years there wasn't enough interest to keep the meetings. Just my luck now that I decided to get back to core. Well, I did find a meeting in my town on Tuesday afternoons -- Tuesday just happens to be my day home with dd so its all working out. My first meeting is this Tuesday. Just thought I'd jump on and say Hi to everyone.

Hope all is well, I'm looking forward to reconnecting with you all!!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote