Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 PM   #46  

Sandra, I had a Lucy moment there... you did blinks for luck...duh. Okay, I'm trying to shake off Lucy now, and return to my more level-headed state.

Later ladies!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 215/197/155

Height: 5'7"

Angela - glad you all weathered the storm. Hope the rest of the summer will be clear skies for you. Guess you're sending them East cause Ohio's got storms coming in tomorrow. The watermellon & corn sound amazing. We've had some good corn this year, but haven't had any watermellon.

Sandra - Why is it that when men make up their mind to lose weight, they do it & we seem procrastinate? Must be some scientific chemical imballance -ya think? I know my DH when his pants fit a little snug, it takes him a week or two & they fit - me? I just go out & buy a bigger size!!!

Coco - Thanks for the welcome. We had some great blueberries today also. The fruit this year, for some reason has tasted so good to me. I feel sorry for the people who don't like fruit ~ they don't know what their missing.

Rhonda - Hope that poor little racoon is gone one way or another by tomorrow. A few years back we set out a cage to catch a groundhog under our deck & caught a racoon that decided to have babies in the cage. We called animal control & they would touch the cage until the babies were a little older. THAT WAS A MESS! Then after getting rid of them, set the cage up again - caught a possum, set up again - caught a squirl! We never did catch that groundhog, but my kids couldn't wait to get home from school to see what else we had caught. AHH, memories!

Well, better head off for the evening.. goodnight!
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #48  
focused and aiming

what's with all the storms? we had one tonight, too. last night we got more rain. tonight--thunderboomers. i hope we don't have any more forest fires cuz of the lightning.

rhonda, i hope that raccoon is all right. how were your cherries? i had some pineapple/strawberries tonight. curtis had more watermelon. we're turning into fruit.

lynn, yep, these men must have something builtin that helps. rhonda's dh (my cuz) dropped a lot in a short time a few months ago. i confess curtis is working harder to lose than i have been. i'm changing, though.

angela, i was wondering about the smilies. i'll keep for dh to get that job. did you finish the paperwork for little dd?

vickie and frouf? where are you chickies?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chickies! I'm here. I've read all the posts but still no time to catch up at the moment. Lordy, we had the most viscous storms pass through here last night. I can't remember when I've seen that much lightening activity! I didn't think I should be on the computer.

Jim and I have foot doctor appointments this morning. He's about to get off the treadmill and then it's my turn. I did manage to get into the pool for 2 hours yesterday. Jim didn't want to get in because the water was only 81 and it was overcast. I was rewarded with sun in the last hour. I took care of the chemicals in the pool and covered it in time for dinner. I also exercised like a maniac. No pool for the next couple of days so treadmill it is!

I'll be back later after lunch and errands.

No one answered my question about how much water you all drink. You know it's been proven that you need to drink a lot of water while eating high fiber (like we are) to pass it through. In fact, I've found that I lose more on the weeks that I religiously drank at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day in addition to other decaf beverages.

So drink up chickies!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #50  

Height: 5' 10"

Hello everyone! Its a beautiful day today - the storms will be here tonight and tomorrow. I think tommorrow will be a wash out - Its OK, its Friday, I'm at work and I can't recall the last day that it rained all day. Then it should be cooler. I'm on my vacation count down, we head to Maine 3 weeks from Saturday. The summer is going by too fast. Sarah is doing camp for 6 weeks, she only has 2 weeks left!!!

I posted the vegtable quinoa recipe. Very good. Vickie, would Jim do OK with that? I've had it for dinner the past 2 nights, yummy. Actually if you made the same recipe but replaced it with barley I think it would be good as well. As for water, I have a 32oz cup on my desk that I think I fill 4 or 5 times during the day then I have alot at night. Yes, I spend half my day in the bathroom!

Angela, good luck to DH and the job. Also with the head start program. If you need to give them all that but its cheaper or free, its worth it. I'll start paying again for Sarah's preschool in Sept. Last year it was $3800 for the year, I don't remember what this year will be but its more - she is going 2 full days instead of 1 and they increased their rates.

Sandra - congrats to Curtis! I hope you are doing better op today. Great job getting the swimming in. Is there a tournament in CO or are you just planning a trip? Sounds like it would be nice to me!

Rhonda, how is the raccoon? If you check your job description there should be "other responsiblities as required" - isn't that the catch all??

Speaking of fruit -isn't it great this time of year?? Cherries, blue berries, strawberries, watermelon, cantelope, nectarines and plums are all in my fridge. Between the 3 of us we go through so much -- its sooooo yummy!

Well, I'm off. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #51  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Froufie check-in!

Sick like a dog have been home ALL WEEK! Started with the sore throat on Monday and just got progressively worse - finally got in to see the dr yesterday (now having plugged sinus issues and can't breathe!) - she prescribed antibiotics. I did not fill the prescription yesterday figuring I was getting better - BIG MISTAKE! Now feeling worse than ever and starting to cough so I have to venture out to have that filled now (dh off at a business meeting so can't get it for me!).

Dr. gave me note to stay home all week so that's good - altho I am already dreading my return to work on Monday!

Eating off track as I am home and too tired to cook so I grab whatever I can! Trying to keep order in the house too which isn't easy.

We are also having rainstorms and I see it is quite gray out now and raindrops starting to fall!

Got a present from Ray in the mail today which really cheered me up - a dvd of "The Last Mimzy' along with a small stuffed mimzy bunny - I love it! He is so very thoughtful - trying to call him today to say thanks!

Otherwise hope all is going well - had a very bad night last night so very little sleep - may nap soon. Have a therapist appt tonight which we will be attending!

Later,

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm back from errands and have had lunch. I'm going to relax until we go out for dinner later. I'm thinking broiled salmon and ww angel hair with smart balance light, a gorgeous mixed field greens salad with balsamic vinagrette, and some kind of fresh veggies. I love this restaurant!

I walked 32 minutes on the treadmill. I'm still waiting for the darned scale to go lower. I will not give up.

I'll be back later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 PM   #53  
focused and aiming

hi there. we have carpet cleaning folks here now. life is good.

i'm going to after they leave. then i'll head to the store for some ww dinners. i'm going to eat a few of them for awhile to see if that will help me get back in the swing of things. i'll still be cooking core for curtis. he's expecting to make his 10% tomorrow then get to goal in a couple more weeks. won't that be something?

vickie, i didn't see your ? about water yesterday. sorry. i haven't done a good job of drinking my water. that's something that's so easy to do, too. i need to do better. i am proud of you for exercising faithfully. makes me smile.

paula, we're going to colo springs to compete in the national outdoor target championship. this is the 3rd national championship that the National Archery Association hosts each year. i have won the first 2. if i win this one, i think i'll be the first 60+ yr old woman to compete in let alone win all 3 in the same year.

we're enjoying fruit, too. ain't it great!!

frouf, i'm so sad you're not feeling well, but i am relieved you could take the week off to get yourself back to good health. what a nice person ray is! he's a great friend for you. i am so happy you two met and have so much fun together. hang in there. i hope you're back to your old froufie self soon.

vickie, you're my hero. i am so proud of you.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #54  

FROUFY Hope you are feeling better. It is awful when you get a cold in the summer. Hope you can get some rest tonight.
ONTARGET Congrats on passing the bakeries. That is great.
VICKIE I usually drink anywhere from 64 to 96 oz of water. I also usually have a cup of coffee in the morn. How did the Dr's appt go. Hope everything is alright with the feet. When they hurt. Seems like you hurt all over or dont feel good.
TEJAS How sad about the coon. Hope it is ok. A few years ago we had one stuck in a tree in our yard. We called this guy. And he came and got it. And took it and released it somewhere else. He doesnt kill what he catches. Just releases them somewhere else. Havent got my DR OZ book out yet. But will.
LYNND how are you doing. Hope you had a good day.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH Isnt it nice to have something to look forward too. And the way time seems to be flying by. It wont be long and the 3 weeks will be up. And you will be on vacation.
TO EVERYONE ELSE thinking of you. hope each of you had a great day.
Didnt do much today. Did go to the store and picked up a few things.
Was going to get some cherries someone told us about in our WW class on Monday night. But they were $4.99 a pound. They are called Rainer cherries. Said they were the best cherries ever. But I didnt think they would be worth $4.99 a lb.
Well I am going to get off here.
Having a good bit of rain. And some storms. Had a bad storm about 3:00 am this morn. And I guess we are in a flood watch until 3:00 am in the morn. We dont have to worry about being flooded. But have to worry about my parents.
Well everyone have a great night.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

coco, those cherries are pricey but believe me when i say, "they are worth it." the way we look at it is we don't get many chances to have them so we'll spend the bucks 2 or 3 times a year. they are definitely a treat. just ask vickie. she and i swear by them.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #56  

ONTARGET OK. If you and Vickie swear by them. Then the next time I get to the store and they have them. I will try them.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #57  
focused and aiming

you'll be happy you did, coco. they are super good.

so where is everyone this afternoon?

donna, are you around? i haven't seen you posting in awhile.

nikki? what about you?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:55 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Yes, Coco those Ranier cherries are worth it. If you have any room in the food budget, buy some. They're worth giving up something else for!

I went to work and the administrative assistant said that no one came for the raccoon but that it was not there when he came in early this morning. There was, however, a rat in one of the washrooms. Well, well, the things they DON'T tell you at training sessions!! We called the property manager who sent people over to set traps since the rat scooted away!! I KNOW that rats are everywhere, but I would still rather not run into one inside the building. (And I did my Master's degree research on white rats!)

Aquafit was just great tonight. There are two evening and two morning classes each week. I won't be able to make both mornings, but I'm going to try for one. I could just feel that belly fat jiggling up and down. I kept wishing it would just fall off

I'm headed for bed. I didn't sleep very well last night, and am now very tired

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 215/197/155

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I didn't get to talk to anyone Thursday, but had a hectic day. Have those every once in awhile. We had a terrible storm about 3:30 a.m. & we woke up to tree limbs down everywhere. One big one went thru our solar cover on the pool. DH was NOT happy about that cause we just bought that this year, but you can't control mother nature! It's almost midnight & my daughter has invited all her friends to go swimming ~ there's about 15 kids here & I hope they don't wake up the neighbors. I love to have them all over, but would rather it would be on a weekend. Last night she made chocolate chip cookies at midnight & I had to try to sleep smelling them baking. Guess it's God's way of testing my willpower. They were all out on the table this morning & I didn't touch a one! THAT WAS A GOOD CHOICE, cause if I ate one, there would be no stopping this girl. I'm normally a "salty" person, but when it comes to homade chocolate chip cookies with an ice cold glass of milk ~ AHHH.... better stop talking
Well, hope you all have a good Friday. Doubt if I'll be able to get on tormorrow. Got 4 closings at the office then I have to grocery shop & get ready for my Saturday cookout. Make good choices, girls & I'll talk to you soon.
Lynn
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #60  
focused and aiming

rhonda, i went to the club this afternoon but opted to do weight training instead of . now i'm missing the water. i'll go tomorrow and splash around and jiggle my bellyfat.

lynn. you're doing great. i am happy for you.