Old 07-05-2007, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Want support buddy, just joining WW

Hey, I just joined 3FC and plan to join WW on Monday. I would love to find someone to "talk" to and go through this journey with. If anyone is interested please let me know. I am just trying to learn how to use this forum. I keep forgetting where I post and then I don't know how to go back and see if anyone has replied.

I am a SAHM of 2. 36 yrs old and an emotional eater. I thought if there was someone I could write to when I feel down instead of raiding the pantry..I might be more successful. I would love to be held accountable for exercise as well.

Look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks.
2mattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome to the board!!! There is a weekly chat thread where most of the posts are done. Come on by and join the conversation. Its a great group - mixed ages and stages in our weight loss journey.

Looking forward to getting to know you. There is also a core profile thread where you can read about us as well.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #3  

Hi 2mattiesmom! Welcome. I'm in the same boat as you. Still learning how to get around this site and the postings. I've been TRYING to get back on WW for a couple of weeks now but plan on "starting again" this Monday as well. I'd love to have someone to chat with also if you want. I take it you're doing CORE? I can't make up my mind whether to do points or CORE. I did WW about 3/4 years ago and lost 40 lbs (doing points) but I've gained 20 of those back and now want to lose 40. I'm looking to see where people are posting their daily menus if anyone knows where I can find that?
ebplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #4  

by the way...is there a way to know quickly if there have been responses after your posting? Thanks!
ebplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Mattie's Mom and EB! You're at the Core board. Most of us do primarily Core but we don't leave when we switch to Flex for a week. We've gotten too close for that. That said, we adore newbies. We give advice and help and we hope that your motivation and newbie excitement will help to motivate us.

I'm a 51 year old recovering emotional eater. Maybe we can help each other.

Here's the link to the Weekly Core Chat Thread. It's where we talk about our daily successes, failures and trials and tribulations in our weight loss journies. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116672

Here's the link to our weely Core menus. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116874
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #6  

Thanks Vickie for the info. It is still a little confusing trying to understand all this if you have never done this forum stuff before. I did figure out how to subscribe to a thread so I can find it quickly.

Ebplus3...I am not really the one to help you. I am still pretty confused.

Thanks for the reply...I'd love to stay in touch and help each other along. I need to lose about 60lbs. 10lbs at a time I guess. I can do that 6 times, right? I don't know if I an doing core or points. I did points a long time ago...I haven't been in so long I don't know what core is...I will find out on Monday at the meeting I suppose.

Talk to ya soon.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

hi there and welcome to you both. as to knowing if someone replied, you should get an email. sometimes it takes awhile for them to send so you might not hear immediately.

mattiesmom, where in tx are you from? i live in montana but am a native texan from just south of ft worth.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

oops! forgot to tell you i'm an emotional eater, too.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #9  

I live in Ellis County. Just south of both Dallas and Ft Worth. You are getting close to your goal weight. That give me some hope I can do it too.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

i am from johnson county so i guess we used to be neighbors.

my goal is 155. my doctor set it there for me. ww set my goal range between 114-141 (something like that). that isn't realistic for me. i recently regained a few lbs and am re-losing them.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:26 PM   #11  

I have never been to Montana...are you enjoying it. Is definitely a place I would love to visit...I daydream of riding a horse along the mountains in Montana...isn't that silly?? Oh well.

I am actually losing gained weight as well. I was 271 and had gastric bypass. Lost down to about 174. That was 5 yrs ago...my weight has snuck back up to 212. I can't continue this! I feel like a double failure when even weight loss surgery can't keep me slim.

Anyway...cya you later, I am going to bed.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:26 AM   #12  
focused and aiming

i have some friends who had the same surgery. nothing is easy or guaranteed. in fact, i had a tummy tuck then regained to 200 lbs. i also lost 90 lbs taking a diet pill back in the mid-90's--ruined my health, then regained. nope. nothing's easy or guaranteed.

i am like you (and most of us here) and will have to be on program (or some sort) till they close the lid over me. i regain extremely fast. seems i eat trying to gain.

165 is a mini goal for me. we're doing a "lose to cruise" challenge. it's over in about 12 weeks. hop in if you'd like.

i have been in montana since 97. we do stay in texas several weeks each year mostly in the winter. i do love it up here, but i am still texan through and through. most of my family and friends are in texas. "all my exes live in texas....."

i am a retired alvarado teacher. taught there 29 years. my ex used to work in waxahachie.

what's your first name? i'm curious.