Old 04-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Core Chat Thread - April 23-29, 2007

Ok Chicks! Here's your new clean pages where we can hang out and give each other great support while we work through life's trials and tribulations that affect our weight loss efforts.

Let's have a great week!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I slept until 7:15 which was so late for me. I didn't get a nap yesterday after getting crummy sleep the night before.

The bad news is that I have no time to catch up now. I have to get ready to go to WW and run errands. I'll be back later to catch up.

When does Rhonda come home? And, Frouf?

Let's work on our healthy 8's this week everyone.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-23-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Monday everyone. What a glorious weekend -- in the northeast we went from non stop Nor'easters to summer. Saturday was sunny and close to 70, yesterday was sunny and close to 80. Today its supposed to get well into the 80s. I pulled out shorts and a tshirt yesterday. Its nice that they still fit from last summer - I've been feeling extra heavy lately (again, letting the #s on a scale mess with my head). So it was a boost to have them fit. I even pulled out a bathing suit that I wore the first summer after I hit goal (2005) but did not dare wear last summer. Its one piece but the sides are cut out so from the back it looks like a bikini. I tried it on over the weekend thinking it would be good motivation to stick to plan. It wasn't great looking, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I do need some toning!

We spent all day yesterday in the yard - transplanted alot of things from my sisters yard to ours - raspberries, tiger lillies, lilly of the valley, bee balm and some yellow flowers (she couldnt remember the names). Then we cleaned out the lilac bushes and general clean up. Of course I didn't even think about sun screen for Sarah, her cheeks were a bit red last night, but normal today. She got into a patch of posion ivy at my sisters -- she immediatly took her in and washed her up. So, now I'm checking her for a rash. Neither Jim or I are really allergic to it, but that is no guarantee she won't be and I would rather not find out

Elana - congrats on the loss! I hope the "official" wi is just as great.
Vickie - my hair appt was wonderful on saturday. Just a cut this time, next appt is a color - I do schedule my appts every 6 weeks. Means too much to me and its really the only regular thing I spoil myself with. Sarah came with me this time and she had her bangs trimmed - she was thrilled to be at the "big" salon.
Angela - how is your voice today? I think Sarah would be very happy if I lost mine. When I do have to yell at her she gets upset that I yelled - of course she doesn't understand that I need to raise my voice to get her attention at times. OH well, she's 4.
Nancy - are you writing a book? What is it about? It sounded like you have a nice weekend with dd. My dd brings up ear pierecing - I just need to tell her it hurts and she is off the subject. I'm planning on holding out until 13 -- or when she can take care of them herself. Oh, the things to come!
Tech - contrats on biking to work. That should off set the non-core foods.

Well, I'm going to post a new recipe - not 100% core. It is a thia peanut noodle dish - the non core item is peanut butter. I put in alot less than it called for an could have done even less. But its very, very good. I'll post it as written then add my modifications. I have a couple of others I'll post after I try them.

BBL.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #4  

Good Morning ladies, sorry I have been MIA, there is this nasty virus that does not want to leave my children alone . DD now has it and has been running a fever and today she is just feeling crummy and coughing. A lot of the neighborhood kids also have or had it, so it is in the school. I am doing well op, my scale is still down The weather here is is gorgeous, we did some gardening yesterday so hopefully that will do well and thrive.
I will try to catch up if I get a moment, hope everybody has a great op day!
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #5  

Morning ladies. My voice is getting slightly better, but I still feel pretty cruddy, with a pretty massive head cold to boot.

But, I am going to eat well despite the cold and TOM lurking, I swear it!

It's beautifully warm here today, although rainy. The trees are blooming and budding like crazy, which makes me grateful I have some allergy meds. I think we need to plant our peas, radishes, and lettuce soon to get those early crops in.

Lots of errands to run today, phone calls to make, etc. Life just keeps on going, no matter how you feel, doesn't it?

So Melissa, any symptoms yet that you've been noticing? I always noticed cramping and fatigue first, before any nausea. Be sure to keep us informed.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm back from WW. I stayed the same after 2 weeks. I'm good with this as the perpetual TOM is looming.

Time to run errands.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #7  

New at Core. This is my 4th day. I know there are 35 points that we can use during the week. Do the Activity Points add to these on Core? I guess I need to sit down and read everything again, because I sure don't feel confident in what I'm doing. I weigh in on Thursday.

Thanks for any help!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:23 PM   #8  

It's my understanding that you can swap Activity Points for non-Core food same day only (i.e., today I ate 2 granola bars--4 points; I have a 4 pt. very intense Boot Camp class tonight--so it will cancel out).

This is what the regional leader/manager told me when I had my 1st orientation to Core.

Good luck!
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hey chickies - I'm back home - and so happy to be back! (altho the Falls were gorgeous as was the weather!)

The true definition of torture: to sit on a moving bus for 6 hours (at night) with about 30 screaming and giggling girls as you try to sleep! No wonder I have a headache this morning.

Niagara Falls was beautiful - altho the falls looked 'smaller' than I remember them from 30 years ago? ha ha ha. Hopefully got some great pics on the new camera - just need to figure out how to download them now. Unfortunately the Maid of the Mist (and other tours) were not running yet - guess it's too early in the season? But I did convince dd to walk along the falls with me BEFORE doing any of that cheesy stuff (yes she and I did visit 'Ripley's Believe it or not Museum - quite interesting!). Had dinners at the Hard Rock Cafe, the Rainforest Cafe, Planet Hollywood - and all other very high priced eateries in NF

The competition was very exciting - but so long and grueling - I don't know how the judges sit there day after day, hour after hour watching these talented kids dance! They can't possibly be paid enuf.

DD did pretty well - 3 dynamic (high) golds, 1 gold, placed 2nd and 3rd in some category - her dance jacket is bedecked with ribbons and she has 2 medals - walking around just like an olympic athlete. You should have seen these kids strutting around covered in ribbons - and I tell you some of these kids are in like 20 dances over the weekend - I don't know how they do it (and I am further curious as to how the parents can afford all of it!)

The most exciting part was sat night during the 'Bond' tap number ( an amazing number by the way) - the hotel FIRE ALARM goes off (complete w/flashing strobe lights) - it was too funny - first people thought it was part of the music - then they yell stop dancing (yes the girls were taught continue dancing no matter what!) - everyone remain calm - ya right - we were told to stay in the room (recorded message) and I understand fire trucks and paramedics pulled up outside and it was quite the scene - we were already about 1 hr behind in the competition and this only made it worse.

Finally said it was a false alarm (like 40 mins later?) - and on with the show - they also had the last dance on sat night as well - followed by adjudication which took place around 12:30 am! Then out for a snack cuz we were hungry.

By sunday we (moms?) had all had enuf - girls had a couple more dances sunday night - then loaded up the bus - left NF at 8:30 pm arriving in ottawa around 3 am! not a pleasant trip and I can now see I am not an 'overnight/sitting up' kind of a sleeper! Not a good sign for those europe overnight flights?

Just doing laundry and unpacking - I am already dreading the next competition (2 weeks) altho it is in town which is so much easier. Then off to Brockville 4 weeks later!

Poor dd had to wake up this morning as she had a school performance of her musical at 11 am! She is also performing wed/thurs/fri/sat nights - so there goes my week - guess where I'll be?

Dread going back to work tomorrow - not only will I have to plow thru the emails and messages but if I remember correctly I am supposed to be busy all day doing user acceptance testing on my database enhancements (remember my crappy constantly problematic database? ya it's still being fixed!).

At least it's warm and sunny here and we have some windows open for fresh air!

Will try to catch up will all of you and hope you are all fine and well in the meantime!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #10  
Melissa

Hi chickies! It's been a rough afternoon. My doctor called this afternoon and told me that my blood work confirms that I am pregnant but that my progesterone levels are a little low. I got some progesterone suppositories that I have to use every night. She said it will help the placenta to develop and attach properly.
I did some online research and it seems like most who take this route have healthy pregnancies, but it is still really bothering me of course.
Angela, thanks for asking. Mainly I am tired, have to pee every hour, and am very gassy! I had some very bad nausea a week or two ago but now I'm just feeling icky.
septembersgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #11  

Thanks for the info Elanjel!! I'll just keep learning as I do this.

Septembersgoal, I also had low progesterone levels many years ago and did the suppositories. We have a very healthy 19 year old college student because of that. Best wishes to you.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:51 PM   #12  

[B]CONGRATS SEPTEMBERSGOAL!! [B]How exciting.
Well went to weigh in tonight. And it wasnt good. Gained 3 lbs. So now have to work extra hard this week to get that off. I do know some has to do with salt. So will have to drink more water.
How is everyone doing. Hope everyone has had a great day. It was nice here. Tried to rain some their earlier. but not now. But said we may get some rain tonight. Hope no storms though.
FROUFY glad you had a good time.
ONTARGET how are you doing.
VICKIE Did you get everything worked out with the fence. Hope so. Good for staying the same. Next week the scales will be down for the both of us.
Well am going to get off here.
Just wanted to check in.
Have a great evening everyone.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #13  

MARTHAS98
How awful your husband would say something like that. That is down right rude.
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:37 AM   #14  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. i've been offline all day mostly working in the yard and going to .

melissa, i understand your fear. i pray everything goes well. just do everything the doctor tells you. (but you already know to do that and don't need me to tell you.) if there's anything i can do for you, let me know. i'm here for you.

frouf, sounds like you and dd had some good bonding time. makes me smile.

vickie and coco, i prob have a gain this week, too. i'm afraid to step on the scales.

rhonda said she'd be back tuesday. (i think.) i miss you, cuz!!
got to go do some surfing. i'll be back tomorrow.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome back Frouf - sounds like a looong weekend. I hope dd really loves dancing - not only for her to continue this schedule, but to subject you to it as well. I can only hope that Sarah finds something that she has a talent for and loves. So far I know she won't be a gymnast. She is doing well for her first year, but she is too tall and lanky. I think next year well add a dance class as well. She will actually have dance classes at summer camp.

Melissa, don't worry about the gassy feeling. As your pregnancy progresses there will be all kinds of "wonderful" things that will happen By the time you are holding your baby, any bit of modesty you have today will be out the window. But it is all worth it!

Today is going to be a busy day - I have a list of errands to run and I have to vacuum the upstairs. I must say my new dyson really "sucks". What a huge differnce in my rugs -- I can't believe our dog has any fur left on his body, i swear I've vacuumed it all up

Food wise, I'm doing OK, scale is up a bit as TOM is here. Tomorrow is day 1 of our new at work session. I don't think we have 20 to get the 17 week special, but definaly the 12 weeks. I was hoping for the 17 weeks as on linetools are included. I had a trial membership and I did use them -- I don't think its worth paying but I'll use them if they are free.....

Well, got to get moving and into the shower. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote