Old 04-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #61  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

ugh I lost my post,click a page back, Oh well.anyways lol Im going to try another meeting on saturday and see if its any better.I was motivated when I left only cause I know I'm weighing in with clothes on lol whatever works.
Patti have fun at the concert sings- :::ventura highway in the sunnnnshine::: I'm a dork lol
Rhonda having your house routine distrupted by guests will throw you all off, congrats on reframing yourself
Night ladies
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #62  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Rhonda - good job on only 2 cookies - I know how hard it is to stay on track when you have company and extra food all over the place!

Patti - have a great weekend - and congrats on the loss - way to go!

Elana - definitely have a snack or eat something before going grocery shopping - i too have fallen into that trap - sometimes I will try and eat an apple or banana in the car on the way home to try to stop any pending feeding frenzy once I unpack the groceries!

Tiki - that leader does sound boring (so I too wonder how 'bad' the other leader was?) - but maybe things will improve? At least the ladies in the group sounded nice and were willing to 'share' (assuming they will still be 'allowed' to do so?)

Went out for dinner w/gf and dh and little ds joined us - chicken rotisserie place - stuffed my little face and then off to the show!

I can not even tell you how much I enjoyed it - the kids were absolutely positively amazing (okay I was expecting this cheesy amateur high school production and what I saw was an almost professional off broadway like show!).

The lead girl must try out for Canadian Idol - she had the most beautiful voice! The only weakness was the male lead who could not sing and barely act - the rest of the cast - esp the girl cast in the school principal role was outstanding - what stage presence (what dd called a 'triple threat': she can sing, dance and act) - she literally stole the show.

Dd was fabulous - she is a 'dancer' altho she also has a bit part as a 'secretary' - her faces and expressions are hysterical - and in the beginning she and the other dancers come on the stage dressed as zombies with crazy hair and zombie makeup - well here I am sitting in the front row no less - and when I see her I just BURST OUT LAUGHING very loudly of course- she was so funny looking.

I couldn't help myself - she of course heard me - I got 'reprimanded' after - Mom I could hear you laughing - how did you know it was me? I know your loud annoying laugh! but you were so funny - but you're not supposed to laugh so loud - and then you were making me smile and I"m not supposed to be a smiling zombie! too funny

Dh gone to drive my gf home (it's starting to rain) - looks like he is trying to do his taxes (desk COVERED in paperwork and the calculator is out - need I say more?). Guess I shall have to start gathering my stuff and there goes my weekend! I am looking forward to see the play again sat night- this time w/dh (who will complain thru the whole thing) and both ds'.

And hopefully my van will be ready tomorrow - turns out my old tires are worn out - so instead of switching from winter to originals I am getting a BRAND NEW set of tires (according to dh and the mechanic guy) - ya so I probably need them but was not planning on spending anothe $600 right now?

My back is hurting me today and I am hobbling around a bit - maybe I shall take a muscle relaxant before bed and hopefully it will be better in the morning!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 04-26-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:19 PM   #63  
focused and aiming

my birdhouses shipped today and are to arrive may 1. here's the waterfall. it's tiny, but it's all mine. i potted the plants today and am now waiting for them to grow. (wish the waterfall would grow.)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

i just got caught up reading.

welcome to the newbies. it's good to have you. i know i need some spurring on here. i've been backsliding.

rhonda, i've been great with the exercise but lousy with the eating. we should get together.

coco, we have a local shoot may 6. not much flinging arrows going on now. i've been in "yard mode."

patti, congratulations on losing so many lbs. i am extremely happy for you.

frouf, my son used to be embarassed by me, too. oh! my mother used to embarass me, too. i guess it's universal, don't you?

got to go. i need to do some whipping on myself. or dusting.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:23 AM   #65  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! At least I got 6 hours sleep last night. My eating is ok but no exercise. I've just got to continue dealing with the medical issues. All I keep saying is that I just want to be on program and exercise and not have any medical issues. Apparently, wishing it to be so and saying I want it to be has no impact.

The throat is the same but I'm on a new med and have a follow up appointment with the Cardiologist. I'm having some new side effects. The chemical approach is not without its drawbacks.

I love seeing all the newbies and I look forward to getting back here to concentrate on my program full time. In the meantime, I continue to be as good as I can and stay connected with all of you. I'm proud that I'm not really doing much stress eating right now.

I'll be back to check on all of you later.

Last edited by Vickie; 04-27-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:31 AM   #66  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Frouf-Hilarious! My mom use to embarass me all the time too,but all my friends loved her,I think cause she is so silly! Glad you had a fun time
Sandra-Love the waterfall its so pretty.We started some gardening but its raining now so hopefully we'll get to finish and get planting.This is our first garden and we dont really know what were doing lol.The birdhouses are great and so colorful!
Vickie hope you can have your meds set straight for you.I have no doubt things will straighten out for you and you can concentrate on what you want to do! Feel better
Old 04-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #67  

Sandra, I love the waterfall and the birdhouses. Too cute! I'd love to have a water feature in my yard, but unfortunately, my girls would love it too. My middle dd especially is drawn to water. She even fell in the fountain at the mall once. Maybe when they're grown and moved on, then I can have one.

I'm thinking I have developed bronchitis, which I've never had before. I know they say it'll go away on it's own. We'll see. I am currenly uninsured (policy starts May 1) so I guess that's all I CAN do. Good thing I'm generally healthy. I am going to call my brother (medical school resident) and see what he thinks though. If I really do need meds, I'll get them.

I'm hoping it'll be sunny today. It seems like it's been grey and rainy forever. My sump pump is working pretty much constantly here, and there's standing water in everyone's yards. Guess we can't complain of drought.

Off to start my day.
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #68  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

I introduced my girls to Cream of Wheat this morning,Was actually shocked my 3yr old wanted to try it.Back in the day I use to make this with cinnamin,nutmeg, and brown sugar.I made it with spenda instead.Was really good with some sliced bananas.I set aside some for the baby without the spenda.after about 10 bites dd did not want anymore,I was telling her it was poridge like in Goldilocks lolol think that why she wanted some.Baby wasnt crazy about it either,though I think it was a more of a texture thing for her.
I have so much to do today I could cry.I have to totally clean my house from top to bottom.We usualkly do a good cleaning on the weekend but last weekend we spent outside it was so nice out.So Another busy weekend So i would like to do the cleaning today so its one less thing I do on the weekend.Its going to be hard,my lil one is teething and really clingy-bought her some teething tablets so many people swear by them not sure if its doing the job tho.I just hate to give her motrin or tylenol everyday but if she needs it I will.
So I'm off, will check back later!
Hey how many AP in cleaning? lol
Old 04-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Sandra I love the flowers and waterfall ! Perfect

Froufy Glad you enjoyed the play . Sounds wonderful !

Vicky & Angela Feel better fast !

Tiki It is so great our children will pick up are good eating habits . My 4 year old is now addicted to oatmeal ! lol
Dont feel bad , I am cleaning today too.....bummer lol
Have a great day ladies!!!!
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

I weighed in this morning and it is a maintain . I am ok with that becuase AF showed up this morning . so I am stayiing on plan and drinking my water to have a great loss next week !
I went to the pt yesterday for my knees. I have turned out knee caps and they are trying to streghten the muscles around them to correct the problem. I had my knees taped yesterday and the pain was instantly gone. Very cool . I have a list of exercises to do at home for this . I will start them today. Where do we post our daily menus?
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:24 AM   #71  

Good morning ladies, hope everyone is doing well. I woke up this morning to a thunderstorm so it is going to be a gloomy day. I do have a friend who has a son My dd age coming over for lunch, I will make us a nice sald with tuna & hardboiled egg, yummy. I met this friend when I was Pregnant with dd on a message board for ladies due August 2003. We started chatting then we realized we only live 15 minutes away and finally met, so we have been friends now for 4 years. Yesterday at ds's school they had "The Amazing Race", all first graders and one parent each raced against each other to do tasks & solve puzzles, they had so much fun they even had check points with flags to retrieve their next clue like the real amazing race, it was really well done. I have been pretty sore for the past two days, I think I over did it on cleaning my front yard, we have two big bushes in front of my house, and underneath them there are piles of leaves. It is hard to get under them to rake the leaves, but I was able to do one the other day and I will try for the second tomorrow, it sure is alot of back breaking work.

Froufy I thought part of being a parent was to embarrass our children, that is why I signed up!

Vickie I hope you are feeling better real soon. How is your fence and are your sprinkleres working. Isn't it fun being a home owner, one bill after the other.

Patti I love "america", last concert I saw was Bon Jovi(OOhh la la). You are doing so great, congrats on the loss. I went to the library and took out Dr. Oz's book You On A Diet, now I just have to find a minute to read.

Sandra I love your waterfall, your plants look very healthy & those bird houses are too cute.

Angela I hope you are feeling better

tiki where did you go bootcamp ww, the leader sounds like a sargeant(sp)LOL

Gina isn't it great when you can pass good eating habits to your kids, I try to make my kids snack on fruit, but my dd is addicted to cheetos. Kids are funny with texture, I love mash potatoes and both my kids gag, they don't like the texture.

I hope I didn't forget anyone, hello to all!
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:59 PM   #72  

Height: 5' 10"

TGIF!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing well OP - so far so good. Its cold and raining today. Hopefully it will clear out for the weekend. I need to cook more for lunches next week - maybe chili??? I did make "green slime" this week (plain yogurt, pistachio pudding and crushed pinapple). I have not made that in a long time -- very yummy!

Tiki - glad your kids are willing to try new foods. My dd wanted grapenuts with yogurt for bf this morning. She ate it and liked it. She is very picky - its hard for me to get her to want to try new things, I have found if she helps me cook she is more likly to try it. Thankfully she is learning good eating habits - she much prefers fruit over candy. Lets just hope it lasts!

Sandra, love the waterfall too! I also have lots of bird houses around my yard. Jim has a few in his shop that need hooks to hang them -- a 3 hole caboose and a lighthouse were two I picked up last summer. Love the birds -- we have hawks nesting in our yard this year. They were here 2 years ago and it was great watching the babies hatch and grow. Sarah is already watching them - they are swooping all over our yard. Hopefully we won't have alot of squirrells and chimpmunks!

Frouf - love the story, as usual! My goal as a mom is embarras Sarah as much as possible. Doesn't work yet, she just acts goofier! Just wait until she is 14!

Well, got to run to a meeting, bbl.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #73  

Thanks for the support, everyone. I will definitely try that no-tahini recipe for hummus--I'm sure it will be fine and then at least it will be Core and I can eat it for lunch again (but only as much as I need "to feel satisfied".).

In terms of meetings and leaders, I think it's essential to find one you like. When I joined, I always went Sun AM--my daughter was in Hebrew school and I enjoyed the leader's style. I tried out some evening meetings and the leaders were different--vibe of the meeting different--didn't enjoy it at all. Now that I'm Lifetime, I go on Wed. at 12:15--I save my Sun. AM for Boot Camp class at the Y. I like the Wed. leader as well. Keep trying out meetings (hopefully you have enough choice where you live so that you can try different ones) until you find one you like. After all, this is our hard-earned money we're spending to get healthy!

Wishing everyone a relaxing (ha!) weekend...off to make my new hummus.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #74  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies! I am a newbie to Core--just started on monday. I have been attempting to do flex plan for the last 12 weeks and had managed to lose no weight but I just can't keep track of points. I've done great this week and feel sooo good. It's awesome! I started Monday and had lost 2.2 at WI on Wednesday.

Just wanted to introduce myself and get involved on these boards. I am almost 25, wife and mom to a puppy dog! I am a copy editor for Bible studies, very involved at church, belong to a supper club, read a ton...that's about it! Very happy to get to know all of you.
JessieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #75  

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Jessie -- I started core back in 2004 when the first offered it and I reached goal 9 months later. Not having to track points, weight or measure fit my lifestyle wonderfully. I still cook mainly core foods - if you cook its fairly easy to substitute in core foods. I hope you find it as successful!

Elana - I've made a white bean dip instead of hummus using chickpeas. I found the chickpeas are a bit dry without the tahinin. Basically drain a can of white beans, add in some garlic and a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper -- put it all in a blender or food processor and mix. If too thick I've thinned it with chicken stock or water. Hope you find one you love - its great with veggies.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote