Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #61  

Good morning ladies, haven't been posting much have been feeling very blah I don't know if it is pre menopausal, I will be 42 on the 10th but my moods have been pretty blah, I have been on program but there have been days when I wanted to raid the cookie jar and I talked myself out of it and ate fruit. It could be that we are tight for money, I cannot return to work till my dd starts kindergarden in 2008, so my dh works alot of overtime and I am by myself with the kiddies all day and I guess I get lonely for adult conversation and company. I am feeling better, trying to keep busy and making new friends with some moms in the neighborhood. Today ds starts his bowling league and his best friend, the one that will be moving is going to join also, I will pick them both up at school today and take them, dd is still a little too young to bowl so I will have to keep her occupied at the bowling alley.
It is pouring rain here,I do hope it clears up by this afternoon.

Froufy have a blast and have a few drinks for me!! Keep safe!

Vickie so glad to hear everything went well with your eye check up

Kathy great deal on the frame, that was nice of them to give you the sale early

Paula I hope your ear clears up, that is so uncomfortable to have a blocked ear.

Rhonda that sounds like some storm, we have that today but it is rain and not snow, if it was snow it would be a blizzard.

welcome vivian

I hope I didn't miss anyone, but I will check back in a bit.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:39 AM   #62  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf's flight has been delayed again out of Ottawa. She was scheduled to depart at 8:44 and now flight is delayed again until noon. I hope they don't have them on the plane!

Niki, I understand. I've been feeling funky too. At least we are eating well. I started perimenopause at 40 so it is certainly possible that is what you are experiencing. Is there anything we can do?

I'm off to show and go out for a while. I'm serving good old Core lo's for dinner....chicken cacciotorre. Wow...it looks funny...not sure I spelled it right.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #63  

OH POOR FROUFY!! Hope she gets to take off soon. I hope she isnt stuck on the plane. They way they been talking about the ones stuck on the planes are awful.

THINGIRLINSIDE I understand what you are going through. I think I am starting the pre menopasual thing too. But the DR's say "NO". Like they dont know my body. And they say I dont have the night sweats. So cant be. But then you know. No two girls are alike. But something sure is going on. So they increased BC pills. Well I cant wait until I go back to the DR. Because they will be changing them again. I hate How these ones are making me feel. I am really having PMS Super bad. My poor hubby and son.

VICKIE Hope you are having a great day. Glad the pressures are good. Hubby is drops for his. And his pressures are good to. His was 14 and 18.

SISVIVIAN Glad you are back. Hope you get to feeling better.

Well right now we are having a nice day. The sun is shining. Its around 45 degrees. The wind is blowing some. But I guess it is suppose to start dropping in temp. And then we are to get some snow flurries tomorrow.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Will check in later.
Have a great day everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #64  
Southside White Sox Fan

Coco, I do NOT have night sweats and I'm definitely in perimenopause. I'd say look for a different doctor! You're right. You know your body better than the Doctor. Lately, I find I have to push a bit to get good treatment sometimes.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #65  
Southside White Sox Fan

Our poor Froufy. She is now scheduled to leave Ottawa at 12:10. Her connecting flight out of Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale took off just 15 minutes late. So I'm not sure what her plan B is. I'm sure there will be another flight tonight. I hope she's drinking and not fretting!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #66  

uugghh I just talked to my dd who also lives in Ottawa and she said it has now stopped snowing there....heres hoping Frouf got off ok!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #67  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf took off at 12:45 and got here around 2:40. I haven't heard from her since I'm sure she's trying to figure out how's she going to get to Ft. Lauderdale tonight.

I'm off to babysit the Great Nieces and Nephew. Later Chicks!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #68  

Height: 5'7"

Frouf, I miss you already. I haven't even caught up on today's posts, but wanted to say that.

And you know, the alternative to going to a nudist camp would be to WEAR all your extra clothes on the plane. Layer, layer, layer! You could probably wear 4-5 outfits and lighten that suitcase right up.

I'm hungry and we're about to go look for some food. After that, I'll be back.

Oh and I'm in super duper upstairs cleaning mode. Wednesday night I cleaned out one of the guest room closets (Shaun's old room) ... shudder! It's now spotless and 7 boxes went on the porch this morning for the Paralyzed Veterans truck to pick up this morning. Next is Kate's old room ... double shudder ... and I've started a little bit. The very best part of this story is that I two days ago I ordered a quilt set from Brylane Home and it was supposed to arrive next Friday. I was hoping it would come early so I could take it to Home Depot, buy some paint, and get that upstairs room painted. Well lo and behold it arrived TODAY! YAY! Judd leaves Sunday morning so the second he pulls out of the driveway, I'm headed to the paint store and will start immediately. I figure I'll have all week to paint, get the furniture moved in, buy rugs to match the quilt, and then call the carpet cleaners to do the whole house next Friday. Very good.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #69  

Hi Everyone
Just thought I would stop in for a few.
Hope Froufy got her flight. Poor thing. I bet she is at the end of her rope.

VICKIE I am wondering if I am doing everything backwards for the pre menopause thing. Cause it use to be I was hot all the time. Like in the winter I could get by with just a sweatshirt. Or sweater. But now I have to actually have a coat on. And even gloves. And in the night. Instead of the night sweats. I wake up freezing. And I am covered up. So I dont know. I guess it is heck to get old. LOL!! Hope you had a great day.

Well I think we are going to go visit my Aunt tomorrow. Weather permitting. Said we might get some snow. But I dont think it is suppose to amount to anything. Other than that not sure what we will do.
So everyone have a great weekend.
Will check in sometime tomorrow. But it probably wont be until evening.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

The power was out here in my neighborhood in Toronto from 3AM until Noon. Then there was no internet connection for hours. There were trees down everywhere and, as the temperature rose, the flooding started. We're fine but lots of others aren't.

I actually got out and ran some errands. I bought new dining room chairs. I've had the same ones since 1978, so I don't think it's too extravagant to change! The old ones are a country style pine, and the new ones are Parsons style, chocolate (there's that CHOCOLATE again!) leather. I also bought a new La-z-Boy recliner in a dark blue. Our current recliner is essentially ready for a decent burial!

DH has finished the wallpaper and is now putting up some molding around the edge of the ceiling. Next, we paint.

Like you, I hope Frouf is OK...either curled up in a hotel in Chicago, waiting to fly out tomorrow, or in Florida already. I guess Sandra is on the road too.

My MIL is in the hospital, finally, awaiting transfer to some other facility. FIL finally got a good night's sleep.

Other than that, all is well.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:42 AM   #71  

Morning ladies! Well, dh and I had an eventful date night last night. We do a babysitting coop, and so had dropped the girls off at our friends' house, and just settled in at home with a movie and popcorn when the phone rang. I guess our youngest (3 year old) daughter had fallen into the corner of the wall or something, and cut her forehead pretty badly. So I grabbed her favorite stuffed animal and blankie, and some kid books, and into the car we went. By the time we got there, the bleeding had slowed, but it was a definite gash. Dh dropped me off at the immediate care place, and took the other girls over to my mom's, then rejoined me. Well, she ended up getting 5 stitches, which was an ordeal in and of itself. I had no idea 3 year olds are that strong! It took 3 adults and a papoose board to hold her somewhat still, and it was still a struggle to get the stitches in. Whew! But she's doing fine this morning, and keeps wanting to see her "owie" in the mirror. I imagine it'll leave a pretty good scar. Oh well, at least it wasn't worse.

The parents who's home coop was at last night felt really bad, but I assured them it could happen anywhere, and I didn't blame them at all. I'm actually surprised no one has gotten hurt before this.

And, it's finally sunny here today! Yay! We had blizzard-like blowing snow for the last 2 days, so it's nice to wake up to some sunshine.

In other news, we found a local position here that would be absolutely perfect for dh, and it's at the company he wants to work for. He applied online, and we're really hoping he can at least get in for an interview. So if you feel like sending good luck vibes/prayers, feel free.

Off to feed the girls...
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:04 AM   #72  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Oh Angela, poor baby! I hope those stiches don't hurt too much this morning. And OMG, what amazing news for DH. I definitely will send up lots of good wishes and prayers for a postive outcome on the job situation. Good things should happen to good people.

Rhonda, you certainly deserve the splurge on the furniture. When does it all arrive? You've had a couple of hard weather days. We have too. Yesterday ended up being much worse than they predicted. Jim and I felt like it was coldest day of the winter because it was blowing so hard. Nothing like a good 40-45 mile hour wind to make you cold!

Coco, enjoy your visit with your Aunt!

Kathy, have fun decorating!

I had a great time with my Godchild Sarah last night. I really haven't spent much time with her last night. She cried when she first saw me but then once she warmed up to me we had a great time. We had a fun meal together. I did NOT eat Core and did not feel guilty and I DID get a huge bellyache. Proof that I normall eat healthy! Oh Well. It will keep me from craving that bad stuff if it makes me sick every time I eat it.

I've got a birthday party for another Great Niece today. She'll be 10! They are all growing so fast. My oldest Great Niece will be 15 in December. Yikes!

Jim and I will be eating a big Core lunch before we go to the party. I'm hopeful that will keep me out of too much munchie trouble. They never have healthy food at these parties. Usually just a few baby carrots.

Have a wonderful Core day!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #73  

Good Morning:

Angela, hope the little one is feeling better. If she has a scar, then she'll have an interesting story to tell when someone notices it! Even if she does scar, it will likely fade in time.

Vickie, I managed to get the DR chairs home: 2 trips in the car. The recliner is being delivered tomorrow.

We have much calmer weather now, and I'm going out with my niece...probably alone this time, without her children. We might even manage an adult conversation! No doubt, I'll miss having the kids, and no doubt, she NEEDS a break!

So, not much here...my eating is OK, the is NOT. MUST CHANGE and quit talking about it.

Rhonda
Old 03-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #74  
Southside White Sox Fan

WOW!!! Talk about quiet! I just got home from my party and am about to relax on the couch. We had a great time.

Rhonda, I hope you had a great time too.

Where is everyone?
Old 03-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #75  

Everyone must be out exercising!

I had a good time with my niece. Her 5 year old daughter did come along, and we just roamed around the mall and had lunch.

Since then I've been working on organizing family photos. What a job!

Hope everyone had an OP day. I actually twisted my ankle two days ago and the pain has not gone away..up into my knee and thigh muscles. It's not serious, but it's enough to slow me down...no swelling or bruising, just stiffness. Another "excuse" not to !

My Pilates teacher would be telling me to stretch, and she's right!!
Rhonda