Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #61  

Height: 5' 10"

Morning all. Vickie, I hope the babies help lift your spirits. Take one day at a time.

Frouf - congrats on the nice scale (yes, I do believe they can be possesed at times!). Keep up the great work. The cruise will be here before you know it -- hmmm, warm sun, cool drinks.....

Kathy - sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Could the start of the outbreak be why you've been "off" these last few days? I hope things work out for Kate -- so, why is she paying both rents????

Rhonda - have a nice trip to New Mexico - is it business or pleasure??

Well, I have a bit of a NSV today. I pulled out a pair of brown slacks for work that I have not worn in a while. The last time I wore them they were a bit tight and uncomfortable. Overall I felt fat in them. Well, I'm wearing them today and they fit great. I think the total of 4 pds I've lost since 12/26 has made a difference. Its very motivating to keep on plan!

Its cold once again here - next week we are in for a stretch of 10 degree days. Any bets on the ground hog tomorrow? I can't really complain, we have not had much of a winter - December was the warmest we've had and January we had the least amount of snow. Normally around 22" by now in Boston, I think we've had 1.8". All we need is one big nor'easter and we could be burried in 2 feet! Lets hope not!

Well, I'm starving and its 11am. I'll go make another cup of tea and get busy. BBL.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #62  

Hello ladies, I found a pair of 8 husky jeans at Target yesterday and they fit my son a little big but they have an adjustable waistband so they will do fine, he prefers them a little big. I got some really good deals there, they had alot of stuff on clearance, I love bargains. I even purchased some clearance items to put on Ebay, I got boys & girls leather shoes for like $3.00 & $4.00 a pair. I was a little bummed they didn't have my kids sizes but I got them some summer outfits. I set up a playdate for my son today after school, so he is pretty excited. On Monday they both have playdates with 2 sisters, one is my daughters age and the other is my sons age, my son was in her kindergarden class and they really like each other, they play at recess together. Such a exciting life I lead(lol)

Vickie your niece & nephew will definitely lift your spirits, have a great time with them.

Froufy congrats, way to go, isn't it a good feeling, like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Did the seller ever send you the measurements on the Alex top. Have a nice lunch!!

Paula great NSV, you probably lost quite a bit of inches. Did Sara have her playdate?

Kathy I really hope you don't get the blister outbreak, maybe the anti viral pills will stop it from happening.

Tech sounds like you had a great dinner, yummy.

Sandra how is Curtis doing did he see his dr? I like the saying "got rid", I like "good riddance" too.

Coco glad to hear dr's report was good, you have to stay we all have our ups & downs and switch from core to flex every now & then.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #63  

Well ladies, when it rains, it pours! I finally got all my school-age children well enough to send back to school yesterday, and then I got hit with a nasty, horrible gastro-intestinal thing last night. It hit me like a truck, out of the blue, and then kept driving over me all night long (to continue the metaphor.) I have managed to keep down a few popsicles and a few soda crackers this morning, so maybe I'm getting better?

Thankfully, dh stayed home from work long enough this morning to get the girls off to school so I didn't have to take care of that, not that I could have.

I am just wiped out and ready for a break from the flu. It seems like everyone I know has it though - it's been really bad this year, and we all had our flu shots (well, except for me).

I'm going to go put on a movie for my youngest dd, and lie down and try to sleep.

Later,
Angela
Old 02-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #64  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. it's a gorgeous snow day here in montana. i went this am for my first weight training session. i love it!! i'm going back to the club in a few min for and . tomorrow is wi. i hope all this exercise pays off on the scales. it's paying off elsewhere already. i feel stronger than ever.

nsv alert!!! i got into a little summer dress i hadn't been able to wear in over 5 years. now i'm ready for summer.

vickie, sounds like you have a busy day ahead. that'll be good for your mind. is your doctor's appt a checkup? are you all right?

frouf, i just gained 5 lbs reading about the food spots on your ship. it was curtis' back and shoulders that were hurting yesterday. he's gone now to get a massage. he's always hurting, but the pain gets to him every now and then. this week has been an especially hard one for him. on those scales moving down. i'm going to the thread after i get back from so i can read about it and to post what's going on with me today.

paula, on the nsv, girl!!

nikki, sounds like some good bargains. :: i like "good riddance," too.

angela. i hope that nasty bug leaves you soon.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #65  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Oh Angela - you poor darling - hope the worst of it is over and you got some rest? Can you get your Mom or someone else to come over and help you out a bit?

Niki - I too can't resist a good bargain - and sounds like you did well! No - I still have not received any email or measurements back from this supposedly TOP SELLER on ebay - and have already sent several emails - I really think tho as much as I love the tops I am still too 'FLUFFY' to wear them! They might fit standing up if I suck it in - but you know what happens when you sit down right? Not a pretty picture! Oh well - I shall keep looking (hopefully a 3x will show up - those Alex tops seem to be cut very small and not 'stretchy')

Kathy - how are you feeling? Hope your meds took care of you properly!

Sandra - way to go with the exercise!..and congrats on getting into that skinny little summer dress - bet that made you feel great!

Vickie - how was the day with the kiddies?

Yes lunch w/Robert was a hoot as usual - we used to work together 1 or 2 jobs ago - and we are such a great team and get along so well - hope to work with him again at some point in our government careers! The food was excellent (and maybe the spicy roasted chili sauce and green curry will help speed up my metabolism?). I did NOT feel bloated or super full when I left - and I am hungry now so I guess I did not overeat too much (I know sometimes when I go out I can't even think of dinner cuz I stuffed my little face!). We have some LO salmon from last night - but I will leave that for dh and still eat lightly - thinking scrambled eggs or salad or something like that?

Dd dancing tonight - and the good news is she called me from school (first day back after exams) to report she passed math (barely - like 54%) - so I guess she is not going to lose those dance classes (says she thinks she deserves a present - ya right!). Her other marks are fairly high (95, 82, 75) but unfortunately that math mark pulls her average down otherwise she could probably be on the Honor Roll - oh well! A new semester starts so we'll see how she does this time! (at least there's no math!)

I think I shall snack on my banana before I head home and guzzle some more water!

Froufie
Old 02-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #66  

Height: 5'7"

Home from work now. Judd ate cinnamon toast and I'm just not hungry (again) so I'll wait a while and see what happens. I'm doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen right now, so food would have to wait anyway.

Air Force people will be gone tomorrow so we're back to normal at work, thank goodness.

Paula, the reason Kate is paying two rents is that when she and her boyfriend broke up, there was three months left on their apartment. (One of the 4,000 reasons why 20-year-olds should listen to their moms about moving in together.) She moved in with a girl she's known since jr. high; he moved in with some friend. If they had walked away from the apartment, there would have been a $2100 "breaking the lease" fee. Also, it would have been reported to the credit bureas, they were told. If she kept the apartment, albeit empty, and paid the rent for another three months, that would also total $2100. She would also be able to give the required 60-day move-out notice, and it wouldn't be reported. She decided to do that. I cosigned a bank loan for her and she put the money away to pay the rent for those three months. Meanwhile, he's supposed to be paying half of it but isn't. I told her to tell him she'll take his income tax refund ... she mentioned it and he said nope, he had to give that money to his brother who had loaned him the down payment for the new car. Another meanwhile, there was nothing wrong with his car and Kate's driving a 2000 model with a lot of miles. Devan knows that she won't let her credit be ruined, but he apparently doesn't care. I'm just glad she found out a lot of these character flaws before it progressed any farther. They dated for a year before moving in, but I guess you just never know.

Everything would have been fine if it wasn't for this latest dental bill that'll end up costing her around $1500 out of pocket. Poor little thing. So I told her I would pay her car insurance for a few months to help her out. She's a good girl.

Off to fold clothes and get a few minutes of rest before the next load comes out. I'm only doing three tonight; I didn't go to bed last night until after 1:00 and still had to get up at 6:00, so I'm a little tired.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:49 PM   #67  

I got my Zocor filled today, took one after work, and just finished throwing up 3-4 times. While an effective, yet unorthodox, way to lose weight, it was no fun. No fun at all. Yuck.

A side effect is nausea (I could have told them that) and a whole slew of other things. Hopefully it won't last long because I have to still take it since my cholesterol was nearly 300.

Cripes.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #68  

Oh, I'm so sorry Kathy. My dh takes Zocor, and thankfully, we haven't seen that side effect. But my sympathies go out to you.

I am starting to feel a little better, although still quite peaked. Youngest dd threw up last night, just as I predicted. (I really get tired of being right all the time ) However, great things can happen. She threw up twice before dh and I went to bed, but managed to sleep the rest of the night with only ONE interruption! Yay!

I checked my weight this morning...I'm down 4 pounds. I wouldn't recommend this as a weight loss program however, just like Kathy has discovered.

I hope everyone else is having a better day...

Angela
Old 02-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #69  

Thanks, Angela. You're right -- what a lousy way to lose. I'm down but don't think I can count it because it's just enough to account for an empty stomach (it sure wasn't 4 pounds!! -- CONGRATULATIONS!). I doubt that anything was really lost; it'll be right back as soon as I'm able to eat.

I'm sorry you've all been so sick. I remember how horrible it is to feel lousy yourself but still be required to be a mommy too! I hope that everyone's better very soon. Maybe the weekend will be restful.

Congratulations again!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:05 AM   #70  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good morning chicks.

Angela and Kathy, I hope you are feeling much better soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weight loss is permanent.

Have a great on program day everyone.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #71  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Good morning chickies,

Hope EVERYONE is feeling better and is on the mend today!

Kathy - how are you doing?

Angela- I hope the worst is over for both you and dd! Try and get some more rest if you can!

Vickie - how was your day yesterday?

I am home today! YIPPEE - poor little ds is not feeling well - sore throat - and stuffed up - so even tho dh is home I decided to use up one of my 'family related leave' days (we get 5 a year and I have 3 left til March 31) so I can take care of him. He got mom's super duper yummy oatmeal for breafkast and is now 'crashing' cars on the PS 2 downstairs!

Dh is in bed and I am about to try and buy some 'disney on ice' tickets which go on sale in like 3 minutes?

Yes I succumbed to some KFC last night- 1 piece (no fries!), with mashed potatoes and filled up on salad. Then dh and I skipped into the movie theatre while dd danced (across the street!) and watched "catch and release' - nibbled on popcorn but thankfully full from dinner. Scale up a bit probably due to extra food and lots of salt! Definitely going to exercise today (maybe this morning when dh wakes up?)

Supposed to go for breakfast w/gf tomorrow (the one who got sick and cancelled last week) - have to confirm. Then a hockey thing w/the boys on sunday but otherwise hopefully not too busy this weekend.

Think I shall go get a chicken out of the freezer and make some roast chicken for dinner tonight!

Later,

Frouf
Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM   #72  

Good morning all.

Kathy and Angela, I hope you are both feeling better today. Being sick like that is the worse -- I'd rather be layed up in bed with the flu for a week than to have a stomach bug for a day!

Poor Kate, its a tough, expensive lesson to learn. Either way she is out the same amount of $, but doesn't ruin her credit. Stinks. Can she take him to small claims court - or Judge Judy???? It makes me wonder what we'll be facing in 15 or so years! Jim and I moved in together after we were dating 3 years -- at that time I was 29. 20 is so young.....ok, now I feel old and I'm only 41.

Sandra - bravo on the exercise! Keep it up -- have you done measurements at all? I bet you'd see a drop in those regardless of the scale.

Well, today is Friday. My DD is starting to get a busier social life than me - not only does she have her playdate next Wednesday, a birthday party on the 11th and another potential playdate either this weekend or next. The big issue we need to deal with is her Birthday party -- I just wanted to do a family party. She wants a few friends from school to come. I just am not sure what to do- the good thing is we have a few weeks to figure it out.

Well, off to read. bbl.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #73  

Good morning Ladies, we had some snow here overnite but it turned to rain and is amost gone, thank goodness I have a hour drive tomorrow into Queens to visit my Mom. Hopefully I can get my hair cut while I am there. I plan on dying my hair sometime today. Tonight we are going to the Junior High school to see Grease, it should be a cute show. Other than that not much more going on.

Angela, yuck! I went through that a couple of weeks ago with my DD. I hope you are all feeling better.

Kathy I hope you are feeling better. I went through what Kate is going through at her age, I was engaged to get married we broke up 3 months before the wedding and lost all my deposits, He continued to live at the apartment I was going to move into with him, he was was back on the rent and they came after me. To make a long story short, she will benefit in the long run from not being with a loser, you live and learn.

Froufy, I hope ds feels better! ps2 will cure what he has, I know it helps my son feel alot better . My mom and I took dd to see Disney Princess on Ice, we had the fist row, in front of us was 3 rows of folding chairs,it was awesome she had a ball, and of cause grandma bought her whatever she wanted.

Vickie, how was your day with the kiddies? Thanks for the cheer, that was cute!

Paula I too feel old now and I am 41. You gotta love this one, my neighbors Au pair came over one day with my neighbors little boy for a play date. I was
watching Greys Anatomy that I recorded, I love Patrick Dempsey, I think he Is so handsome. I say to her,( keep in mind she will be twenty) don't you think he is good looking, she says to me oh no he is too old for me. Well that made me feel real good, since he is my age 41

Sandra you are a busy beaver, I am so glad you found activities you really enjoy!

Ok, time to make beds and do some more laundry. I want to make a pot of core chili to have for lunches.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #74  
Donna

Good morning all,

I'm checking in here in hopes it will get me back on track . The past three days have not been pretty eating or exercise wise. Yesterday I went to go mall walking with my parents and on the way there I stalled my car (yes I've been driving a stick for 15 yrs and still stall at lights occasionally), when I tried to restart it was DOA. So I got to sit in traffic for a half hour waiting for AAA tow truck to arrive. Do you know how cold sitting in a car w/no heat and temps in the teens gets He gave my car a jump start and I came straight home no walking . Then being the emotional eater I am I sat and ate the chips I'd bought Tues. On a good note they're gone now. DH picked up a battery on the way home from work and hopefully that was the problem. The one there was the original from 9 years ago and we'd talked about replacing it just hadn't done it (teach me to procrastinate). We then went out again because I didn't feel like cooking. It's very unusual for us to eat out two days in one week, and I did not choose well, and now I feel guilty.

OK I'm done ranting and today is a new day. I will drink my water! I will go to Curves! I will stay OP!

Kathy and Angela - Hope you are both feeling better. Definitely not a good weight loss strategy and no fun at all.

Frouf - Congrats on your loss!!! Hope your ds feels better soon.

Sandra - Congrats on the NSV dress (too bad summer's months away) and on all the exercise, and feeling better. Hope Curtis enjoyed his massage.

Paula - Congrats on the nsv to you to. Isn't it great when clothes fit better.

Vickie - Hope your day with the kids was uplifting.

Coco - Good luck following flex for a while, definitely stick around.

Well I suppose I should get motivated and get something constructive done. Have a great afternoon everyone.

- Tech
Old 02-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #75  

Niki - question for you - non plan related. I noticed you said you were driving into Queens tomorrow, an hour drive. I have to drive to Parsippanny NJ sometime soon ( I have one direct report working from there, we are near Boston). Its been years and years since I've driven that far south -- we always head north to Maine My question - per mapquest I could make it there in about 4 hours, how unGodly is the traffic going over the Tappenzee Bridge? Any ideas?

Also, funny how we are both 41 and have 3, almost 4 year old daughters.
Closed Thread