Old 03-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #1  

Default this is intriguing

i found this recipe in the breakfast thread;

Quote:
core granola

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup kasha
1/4 cup davinci maple pancake syrup (other syrups would prob work, too, but might have a few calories. dv has 0 calories)
1/2 cup splenda
about a tablespoon butterbuds
butter spray

preheat oven to 375*. stir all together in a big bowl. spray cookie sheet (i used the broiler pan) with butter flavored pam. spread mixture onto pan. bake for 21 minutes stirring every 7 minutes or so.

i'm going to have some of this with chocolate pudding in a few minutes.
i have a few questions though.

what are butterbuds?

pancake syrup is okay as long as it has zero calories?

what is kasha?

i love granola (and so does hubby) so i would love to make this.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

This is Sandra's recipe. She'll be able to help you out. I don't make this because I'm sure it's FABULOUS! I think it would be a red light trigger for me.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:00 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

hi there. thank you for asking about the granola. i have made it numerous times and add it to oatmeal as well as sf/ff pudding. i also eat it dry as a snack. it's good.

butterbuds are dry butter flavoring. (like molly mcbutter which would work as well) both are 0 calories.

the syrups i use are sugar free and have 0 calories. they aren't the pancake syrups for pancakes. they are they syrups for coffees. maple pancake that i used is a flavor. at the davinci site you can order numerous flavors. all are 0 calories. i have used banana, white chocolate, cookie dough, and several other flavors to vary my granola. you can find vanilla and a couple other flavors in some grocery stores, but davinci site is the place to go for variety.

kasha is buckwheat. i have found it in health food stores as well as a few grocery stores. before i found it locally, i ordered it off the net. i can't remember the name of the site. i do remember that the same brand offers different items over in cereals and also around flour in stores.

i use the granola as a handy snack food as well as a topping for pudding or oatmeal. let me know what you think.

oh, yes, all ingredients are core, but vickie's right. be careful about overindulging.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #4  

thanks. i'm definitely going to keep an eye out for this stuff.
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote