Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Zucchini

Not my notes - recipe author unknown-

Zucchini Zeppelin

I invented this at a friend's "help me pick and eat the last of the garden veggies" party one fall._ There were several zukes that looked like zeppelins (4-7" diameter, 10-15" long)._ They weren't hard enough to use as
baseball bats, so we cooked them this way:

Split the megazuke lengthwise._ Scoop out the seeds and some of the innermost flesh to make a channel in each side._ Pack the channel with garlic butter (or just pats of butter and slices of garlic)._ Lightly salt and pepper it._ Put the halves back together, wrap in heavy duty_ well to seal, and place on the outer edges of a charcoal grill to cook for 30-45 minutes or so at low heat while you are using the center of the grill for everybody's hot dogs or steaks._ Turn periodically._ Alternatively, cook
over indirect medium heat for 25-35 minutes._ You can check doneness by poking a toothpick or cake tester right through the foil into the zuke (just don't poke it through the bottom of the foil, or all the garlic butter will run out and make a mess ;@)._ Transfer foil package to cutting board, open
carefully (steam burns!), and hack into chunks for eating.
Closed Thread