Old 05-22-2006, 02:03 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Schmellie's Green Beans

As posted in the Green Beans "Veggie of the Week" thread, here's how Schmellie makes her green beans:

Quote:
First, top and tail the beans and throw them in some salted boiling water for 3 minutes. While they're boiling, fry some sliced garlic (I use 2-3 cloves because I love garlic!) and sliced chilis (as much as you like, I use 1 jalapeno with seeds and spines) in a hot nonstick pan with a bit of spray or olive oil to brown it and make it a bit crispy.

Take the beans out of the boiling water and immediately put them in cold water to stop the cooking, then drain them. Then put them in the pan with the garlic and chilis and brown them a bit, then pour 2 tbsp of soy sauce over the pan and let it bubble happily away for another 1-2 minutes.

Serve immediately and enjoy! The beans should be nice and crispy and the spicy garlic and soy sauce is a great combo. Yum yum - I had these the other night and they hardly lasted 5 minutes in my house! FYI, you can also do this with asparagus, broccoli or any green veggie - or all of them together!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote