UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:13 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default It's the wedding thread!

Ok I'm going to be all big headed and post a brand new thread all about little old me!

Well I got to page 10 on the Chat thread and I'm totally lost!!!!

Friday before we got Mum and Dad checked into their hotel - they'd messed up the rooms so they didn't get what they wanted, but they did get upgraded to a suite, and since they thought me and DH were staying there then we got champers and a card from the staff! I wanted to get to the gym in their hotel on Friday night, but it was SO mad! Mum was all stressed about the rooms and then my aunty, uncle and grandma turned up and so everyone was flapping! I left and met DH who was with his mum and dad, we ended up having dinner with them - even after we'd said we would escape the family But then we went to see Little Children just to chill out for a while, it was a lovely film, and we both had a lovely time!

Saturday morning I headed off to Mum and Dad's hotel and Mum and I sweated to the oldies in the gym! I finally got some gym time in! Then it took about 3 hours to shower and get dressed - many bridesmaids arriving and other family and things!

Then we got married!

An impromptu first dance

His birthday cake!

The evening was lovely, the food was great, there was plenty of wine! We were exhausted and we crashed out in our lovely posh Threadneedles hotel - with the plasma TV in the bathroom! Not that we were watching TV...

Then DH and I went shopping in Spitalfields on the Sunday, we let Mum and Dad take all the pressies back to our place on their way home, then when we got home we started ripping open the pressies! It was so lovely! I was all overcome and happy all these people love us! We've mainly got vouchers and cash, but I did get a George Foreman (which I asked for!) a big vase, a chocolate fountain... , about 3 or 4 photo-frames, a Green & Black's cookbook , some crystal wine glasses and other lovely stuff!

Then we crashed out for an early night in bed on Sunday for our 4.30am start! We got the 6.15am train out of King's Cross. I got hassled by some stupid guy on the concourse and referred him to my HUSBAND! The guy tried to trip me up (to get my attention since I ignored his kissing noises...) fortunately DH showed him his warrant card and there were 2 other Transport Policemen (the only other guys on the station!!!!!) standing nearby who'd seen him trip me up! Apparently the guy was a bit of a psycho - I just walked off since I was on my way to buy breakfast! Nothing stands between me and breakfast!

Then we got to our little signal box cottage, which is FANTASTIC!

It was all modern and new and lovely and YAY! We walked in the Cainrgorms, went out to Inverness on the coach when I got a call from the BARBICAN (WE WERE ON HONEYMOON AND THEY KNEW IT!!!!!!!!) asking us to pick up some stuff that they said they'd look after for us till we got back! So that had me p'd off for the rest of the day! We also went to see the Falkirk Wheel and then out to Glasgow, which was nicer than I thought! We spent one day in the signal box completely because the rain was lashing and it was all miserable, then one day we spent the day inside but managed to walk to the village for groceries, and then back out for dinner in the evening. Oh and the lovely lady who owns the signal box baked us a CHOCOLATE CAKE! She must've been psychic! :magic:

We got home on Monday - I got stuck in to the ironing and the washing, that is until the washing machine BROKE So we're back to the hum-drum life!

PS Sorry the photos are HUGE, but I'd rather get them up so you can all have a lookie! I'll change the sizes soon...

Last edited by 2frustrated; 11-15-2006 at 07:34 AM.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:37 AM   #2  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Welcome back Mrs Dom - we've missed you!!!!

It sounds like everything went smoothly - except for the Barbican being a bit dim about honeymoons - and how nice to have a chocolate cake baked for you.

I am SO looking forward to seeing the pictures.

If you wonder why she's not posting... Helen's on holiday with her parents.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #3  

Yay welcome back Mrs Frus.

Lovely pics don't you two look nice.

I'm glad to see there was lots of cake.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Many Congratulations to you both

The photographs are gorgeous and you look beautiful - best wishes for all your future years ahead
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

OMG - you look FABULOUS in that dress!

Lovely pictures (the bridesmaids all look like they're about to start singing!)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

FRU- these are just beautiful shots! You were a beautiful bride and all your months of hard work really showed off on your body and how that dress draped on you - just lovely!! Congrats & so nice to have you back among our mix! Mwaaah!

THanks for posting all this too!!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #7  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Welcome back and congrats Mrs Frus and Mr Frus !

Can't believe the Barbican staff called you on your honeymoon but you did say they were more than a bit anal!

Pics are lovely thanks for posting them .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #8  

Congratulations and welcome home. You and DH look so great and happy. Absolutely wonderful.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations and how long did the chocolate cake last? mmmmm ?
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #10  

OOOOHWeeeeee, 2 frus looks a right 'posh bird' in that get up!

Lovely pix and what a cute cottage! I want, I want (with or without the cake!).
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

The chocolate cake lasted about 3 or 4 days... I think...
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:38 AM   #12  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back MRS! We missed you.

Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful wedding, you look absolutely gorgeous, the dress is perfecto....Dom looks like a happy hubby (as he should be).

Your honeymoon sounds fab, thanks for sharing....the little cottage is beautiful, never seen one like that before.

:congratulations: on your new life together, may it be happy, healthy and a little bit wealthy for you....you pictures made a little tear come to my eye, as you both look so lovely and ramantic and in LOVE with one another
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:45 AM   #13  
Addicted to potato salad!

Fru: You look like a supermodel!! And you look so composed during the ceremony. I was such an emotional wreck I nearly had to blow my nose on the pastor's robes. I would have, but I had my husband's hand in on hand and a bunch of lilacs in the other.

Thanks for posting the pictures!! You look just like your mom from the cheekbones down and I think your dad from the cheekbones up. What a great family!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Jen--your photos are beautiful. It sounds like you had a beautiful time on your wedding and honeymoon! I was just wondering when we'd hear from you and voila! there was your post!

Congratulations!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #15  

Congratulations!!!!!and all my best wishes!!!!
The dress loved absolutely gorgeous.
Everyone looked like that were really enjoying themselves, not all stiff and formal.
The roses looked very sophisticated.
And I bet the signal box was the icing on the cakes.

Carole
chunkycarole is offline   Reply With Quote