Fat Smashers weekly support Sept 4 - Sept 10

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Welcome to a new week, fat smashers! I hope everyone has had a nice holiday weekend. Few things taste better than vegetables cooked outside on the grill, so we're in luck Plus we can make rice salad instead of potato salad, and enjoy plenty of strawberries or watermelon for desssert! Yummy

What are your plans this week? What phase are you on? Any tips to share?
  • My book should be here tommorrow hopefully. Im excited about the starting the diet-Love Dr Ian and watch celebrity fit club faithfully. The only thing Im very concerned about is drinking water. I cant stress enough how much I HATE water . I have never liked it. Ive tried it flavored, lemon, lime, those little packet thingys...It all suxs for me. Ive been a Pepsi drinker for 26 years. Im hard core too! I drink a 2 liter bottle a day. I dont like it watered down so I keep the bottle in the fridge and just pour glass after glass.I keep a supply of glasses in the freezer and I refuse to drink it out of plastic cups (taste terrible to me) I have to have it first thing in the morning and I take a glass to bed with me. If Im even starting to run low hubby is out the door to get some more because Im un-bearable without it.I will drink the diet if regular is not available. If Im going to a restuarant that serves Coke brands I bring my Pepsi with me.Thought I was going to DIE when they discontiued the Pepsi w/lemon then low and behold they came out with Pepsi w/ lime and life was good again. It all fell apart when they quit selling that in my area. I caught the Pepsi guy in my local wal-mart and was literally in tears when he said they wouldnt be carrying it anymore. I should be their spokesperson! This is gonna be so tough for me Oh God-wish me luck!
    I do have a question tho..Is 2% milk gonna be ok?
  • He does say low-fat or skim, so the 2% should be ok. I know it's hard to jump to skim milk for a lot of people. I personally prefer it, and the only thing I'm missing is the saturated fat, lol.

Cola habits can be hard to break! Your 2 liter of Pepsi contains 800 calories! If you can get rid of that, the weight should just fall off, lol. I think you should still go forth with a balanced diet, such as Fat Smash, since it's important to get plenty of whole grains and vegetables in your diet. But you may not be able to kick the Pepsi cold turkey, and we don't want you to give up. Have you tried the new flavored diet pepsi? I think it's flavored with berries or something. Jazz - that's the name. I tried it recently and it was really good! If you can't give up the hard stuff, hopefully you can cut back some until you can give it up. Limit yourself to 2 cans, one in the am and one in the pm, as a treat if you stuck with the rest of your plan. You are still reducing your calories by a huge chunk.

I LOVE water But I can't stand it from the tap. I buy bottled spring water by the gallon and keep it in the fridge so it's ice cold. I crave it! I don't like all brands of bottled water, I had to try several before I found one that I fell in love with. I also use a filter on the tap to use for cooking water. If it helps any, Aquafina bottled water is bottled by the Pepsi company
  • Quote: iIf it helps any, Aquafina bottled water is bottled by the Pepsi company
    LMAO! It WOULD be great if it was just a "brand" thing! I may try getting the diet cans and allowing myself 1 or 2 a day in the beginning. As for the calories-there are days when theres nothing really "good" to eat at the house or I may not want to have to go town because we live out in the sticks, where I can get by on nothing but the Pepsi. Great liquid diet huh?!
    Ive tried different brands and supposedly our well water is the best according to everyone around here who likes water but it doesnt do zip for me.
    I think just coming here every day will be good motivation for me to stick with the diet! Thank You!
  • Hi my wife and I started the fat smash diet on august 30th. We are on day 6 and I feel your soda pain. Unlike you I love Coke. It is or shall I say my drug. I didn't drink alcohol but I did drink lots of Coke. I was drinking anywhere from 6 to 8 cans a day. To me that was the most dreaded part of the diet because I can drink water but it's not the same as a cold can of Coke. I'm now 6 days free of soda and I can't wait for Phase 2 to drink diet coke. I heard that Diet Dr. Pepper tastes good and that is what I'm going to try. Don't give up and don't think about it. Take excedrin if you get the caffeine head aches because it has a bit of caffeine in it. I'm not getting the headaches as bad anymore and I'm so happy to be able to not drink so much soda. I know that was one of my big weight problems. The fat smash diet has shown me that I don't need it. I feel good doing this diet. You can do it. Good Luck.
  • Thanks for your post-it really helps! I havent got my book yet but diet sodas are allowed in phase 2? OH JOY!!! That makes it easier to bear for sure....diet doc pepper? yuck! tried it-to me it tastes like cough syrup and prune juice but you may love it! I guess Ill be putting excedrin on my grocery list. Thank you!
  • Day 5 still going!
    Hi everyone!

I see we are a SUB FORUM NOW! Yay!

I am nearing the end of my 5th day. I feel really good. I do have to go to work tomorrow and that will be my first day working while doing this. So we'll see how that goes. I think it might be a challenge. But planning will be the key. Suzanne, I like what you said in the "You're not a Fat Smasher until..." thread. I think it is very important to read and reread the plan because you might think you have the basic thing down and even your own personal 'tweaks' but then you forget what else is in there. It helps me to reread even just to keep motivated. I am on track with the 5 days of recommended exercise and also the water. I hate drinking water too... but everytime I start a diet, I force myself to do it. After awhile... weeks or even a couple of months, I do come to like it. I don't LOVE it, but I end up willingly drinking it and not forcing myself to. My body starts asking for it. I love Pepsi but I was not as big a Pepsi drinker as you, Jaimie, so I can't say how I would cope with that. I think slowly cutting down would be good... drop to 7 cups, then 6, or substitue a diet for a regular... then 2 for 2, etc. Good luck!

I will check in in a day or two to let you know how days 6 and 7 are going.

Happy Labor Day!
  • Hi all, Well I am on day one and doing ok. the hardest part was getting past the 4pm hunger pains. Dinner was good, but it was difficult to eat veges and fruit when the rest of the family was eating hamburgers from the BBQ. But the good news is that I did it.
    I am really hoping this diet will be the jump start that I need. I had been on WW, but hit a major plateau and have been watching celebrity fit club and really relate to the new group this time dealing with baby weight.
    Cant wait to report back after a couple more days.
  • Welcome newbies! I hope we can all share enough tips to get us through this It really gets easier as it goes. Honestly! Madiwy, the next time the family grills hamburgers outdoors, toss a portabello mushroom on the grill and enjoy that. It's particuarly good if you marinate it in balsamic vinegar or a balsamic vinaigrette first. They taste incredible when char-grilled! Have I made it clear that I love anything cooked on a grill?

Happyface, you bring up a good point! A little planning goes a long way with this diet.
  • Hello to all of you, hope all had a great weekend.It is realy funny
    in a way. I used to drink so many diet drinks. Now I dont even want them.
    This detox sure works. I hope everyone is still a smashing. Suzanne I tried
    the ww rice pasta. I thought it was good. Been out of town for a little
    visit and now need to get up and get stuff ready for tomorrow. Hope to
    see everyone later. Hang in there we can do it.
  • Hiya Smashers! Cool--we've got our own place now!!

I'm extending Phase 1 a couple of days to make up for the last two days. Although I did not go crazy, I did have some things that aren't on the plan. But I am back on today. I'll end phase 1 on Friday, I think....

Hope everyone enjoyed their day off work!
  • Suzanne: Can we get sticky posts started for recipes and FAQs for the diet? I have some recipes I'd like to post--maybe a sticky for each Phase? Thanks!
  • Hi Jen We created a sub-forum for recipes. I'd like for each recipe to have it's own thread, in case there are any questions or other discussion, and it's easier to browse them that way. But it would be a good idea to include the phase in the title. I'll go edit mine We'll do an FAQ thread as soon as we gather them up. I've emailed the author to ask for clarification on a few things, and we'll stick them when we get a reply. Thanks!
  • Hello, ladies!
    I've heard some great things about this plan, and had my interest so piqued I've actually sent for the book! The delivery estimate isn't until 14th September, but I'll lurk around here in the meantime, if you don't mind.

Just wanted to say hello, so I feel a little less voyeuristic!
  • OOPs.....
    Well, today should have been Day 15 of Phase 1....but I wanted to cook a nice dinner for the family. I started out great...watermelon, pears, oatmeal, smoothie...and then I started picking at dinner...which included meat and potatoes! I am not discouraged because I know tomorrow I will be back on Phase 1. I will try it for another 2 weeks. What I did notice is how crummy I feel eating this high fat and potatoes. Makes me not want to feel this way agian! I still have not had coffee or any diet soda in over 2 weeks. Don't even miss it. Especially the diet soda, just read an article about how diet drinks have no nutritional value and actually helps age you. That is enough for me!! ANyway, just had to confess...my bad!