Calorie Counters Keep It Simple - August!

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
  • Doh! I posted on the July thread then realised today is the first of a new month!

My goal for this month is to have at least a deficit of 5000 total for the end of each week. I need to break this plateau and get under 170 by the month end. It. Will. Be. Done!
  • And I have no doubt that you will my slenderizing friend!
    Happy August all of you!
  • Lynne-I know you can do it...160's will be here before you know it..

My goal is also to have a weekly defict of 5000+ and to lose between 1.5 to 2lbs per week...I also need to work on getting in more exercise this month...

Yesterdays deficit was 516...good day of eating but no exercise...
  • Morning all...My goal this month is to be 3500 down each week for a total loss of 1 lb a week, 4 lbs this month. I am also planning on doing a lot of exercise which should help out immensely! Good luck!
  • My goal for this month is to just get back to my healthy eating and exercising habits. I would like to lose weight, but I need to readjust my mind first.

Good luck everyone!
  • August Goal
    My goal this month is to drop below 160 lbs. It could be 159.99 lbs and that would be just fine with me! I am going to cut my calories back by 400 per day (since I have not lost anything in 3 weeks and think I am eating too much)

Let's see what happens!!!
  • Wow, August already! Deficit of 466 for me yesterday so that will finish out July for me. Looks like I deficit'ed just over 2 lbs for July. Not *real* impressed with it, but it's better than nothing. Not going to set any goals now for August, just going to try to DO BETTER. More exercise would be a nice start. After this week I'll be done with school so I'll lose the 20 minutes I've been "forced" to walk every weekday. Hopefully I can make that up with something, take care ladies!
  • It's too hot to think and I'm going to have to think about my fitday a bit. We had wraps for supper, so I have to sort all my fixin's out and we did a major overhaul of our closet so I have to try to quantify all that running up and down with boxes and bags. Phew! I'll think about it later It feels about right.
  • I am going to try to keep under 1500 cal. a day with one day off each week, do my walking DVD at least 6 miles/wk and get into the 180's. Hope to lose 2lbs./wk. Going on vacation middle of Sept. and I need to get into some of my smaller clothes!!!

Good luck all, Phyllis
  • Hi all!
    I gave up trying to figure out the deficits thing, but my goal is to stay under 1500 calories a day, to log in 1,680 minutes of excercise and to drop to 178# by the end of the month.
  • Hi everyone. July definitely ended better than it started for me. I increased my calories by 100 per day and it changed my life. I wasn't so hungry thoughout the day and I seemed to have started losing weight again. I have high hopes that I'm going to get to my goal this month--at least my scale goal )

My goals for August are to keep under 1400 calories per day (I'm with 189bgone on the deficits), to start swimming (trying to change up my exercise routine) and maybe take a spinning class (I've very intimidated by the classes at the gym, so we'll see if I manage this).

- Barbara
  • My goals for August 2006:
    • Drink more water
    • Eat healthier and smaller portions
    • Exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes
    • reach 185 pounds
    • cut down on sugar in my coffee/tea
  • I got up ... went for a walk ... and then tried to sort yesterday out. I ate 1692 and it looks like I had a deficit of about 500 cals.
    I'd like my cals to be a bit lower than that. I shouldna had the torillas and torilla chips
  • I had a 910 deficit yesterday. No exercise for me today, I need a rest. Going to a friends house for dinner tonight so hoping she makes something relatively healthy. I know there will be salad so I'll just fill up on that.

I lost 0.5 lbs in August . Oh well, a loss is a loss so I'm taking it!

Good job on the deficit Susan even with the evil tortillas and chips.
  • Deficit of 1008 yesterday....and I did walk my 1mile WTPO dvd. Need to do the 2 miles today. I really am trying to get into the 180's by next Monday....I WILL MAKE IT!!!! At 191 this morning!

Phyllis