Drop the Last 15!!!

You're on Page 3 of 32
Go to
  • Morning!! I decided to re-think and re-evaluate and then break down my 20 lbs or so into doable smaller goals of 5 lbs each. I would LOVE to be there quicker, but that doesn't seem to be happening, so.....why get frustrated? and since I'm getting healthier as a by product of better eating and excercising......why stress at it!!! I'm now alot healthier than I was 1 yr ago.....I'm now alot thinner than I was 1 yr ago.......and I'm alot happier than I was 1 yr ago!!!! Size 'whatever' is just a number smaller than a 'off the rack' Lg and 16 I wear now. So, I'll take whatever comes!!! I LOVE THESE REVELATIONS!!!! Have a great day.
  • Morning!! Just had my breakie.....ww english muffin, slice of cheese and a hard boiled egg. yum yum, and only 4 pts!! Yesterday was a good day, even got some biking in with ds. (gym was closed)...so that was good. Heading out to the gym in a little while, going to do the elip. and workout in the 'curves' room. Just tried that for the first time and was surprized at how hard it was. hehe....the commercials show the ladies having a gay ol' time ....almost having a party!!! NOT!!!
  • Hello??? okay girls, I'm beginning to get a complex here!! come out come out....where ever you are? hehe......

Susan.....How did your dr. appt go? Everything okay? Ds gone yet?
    Stephie.....How are you doing? Its been awhile, just busy I guess.....

Yesterday was a great day although the boys were really at each other, I did not go off plan. Usually with stress (heck almost any emotion....) I do a quick fix of something sweet from the pantry, well yesterday I wasn't going to let it get the best of me. ....such a proud moment!!! Nice to know that I'm still learning all this stuff. Had a great workout at the gym, but an hour of intense weeding beforehand.....my arms were jelly, so no eliptical; I ran 3 miles on the treadmill instead!!! In the spring I started training to run a 5K race, well I think I got burned out because shortly after the race in April the treadmill seemed to much of a chore so I switched to other equipment. Well last night it was fun AGAIN!!! I guess I need to change it up more with a variety of excercises so I don't get bored.
  • Hi all! Think Tina is still away on vacation....and yesterday I was tuckered out by all the doctors visits, but I've gotten a clean bill of health from everyone. YAHOO!!!!

Today I'm back at work, but I did get a mile walk in earlier, and about 40 squats, so I feel I'm heading back on track. Looks like the two pounds I lost are back, but that's to be expected with no exercise and eating normally. I didn't want to cut back when my system was under stress. If I'm not too tired I'm going to head to the gym and try to get in the elliptical machine tonight. Angel, how long do you go on the elliptical?

Interesting that your gym should have a curves room...probably smart since people who might feel embarrassed on the other machines might feel more comfortable there.

Ah, it's so good to be back to life again!!!

Susan
  • YEAH SUSAN!!! That must be such a RELIEF!!!....and wtg on getting some walking in this morning!!! you are raring to go.

My gym has the 'curves' room because the curves location closed down so we assumed their membership and they put all the equipment in the former yoga room. So I feel like having 2 memberships but only paying for the one. Its funny that I never considered that room a real workout until I tried it. I thought...yeah right? but I push myself and really work up a sweat. I suppose I could just sit back and take my leisure time doing it all but I push myself the entire 1 minute rotation time. As for your elip question....it varies but usually its 2x 15 minute segments with weights (or curves room) in between and that usually ends up with almost a 450-500 cal burn or 3 miles. I have a rather peculiar problem with a longer time on the elip (30 min straight)....my toes go numb!!! Not sure whether I'm balancing more on the ball of my foot when I do it or WHAT... so breaking it down solves my problem. WIERD HUH?
  • Ok I am back ladies. I really was super busy. Had to go out of town to take a photo yesterday of the NFL MVP. I was super nervous but he was very nice and surprisingly also very cute! Eating went well over the weekend then seemed to nosedive yesterday. On an upnote on Sunday I got a glorious mind blowingly intense run in along this trail system in town. It really felt good! I think if I can hold the rain off tonight I may try it again at the same location or perhaps drag my hubby out to play some tennis.

angel - Great job on the curves workout. I am so jealous. My gym is pretty old and small and most of the machines don't fit my small frame (I am 5'2) would be nice to be able to use Curves equipment and get it done through circuit training instead of having to be a slave to my freeweights. I am of the same thought as you on the weight. I find when I start worrying more about being healthy and active it slowly starts falling into place.

artmaker - Sounds like you had a beautiful walk on Saturday, sometimes you just need to get out in nature to make you feel a bit better eh?
  • Angel.....my toes go numb also after around 15-20 minutes....so not so weird....I thought it was just me!

Curves is generally set up for people who aren't used to exercise and need help.

Steph, welcome back. What sort of work do you do that you take pictures of MVPs?

I remember when I used to run I would occasionally have a really special run...sounds like that's what you experienced...where everything just feels right. If you want to set up a circuit for yourself, you can do that with your free weights and a step (do you have one?) and one of those large swedish balls. I could help you figure one out if you tell me what equipment you have, and what your workout environment is like.

Today woke late...got in 15 min on the treadmill and some triceps sets...am heading back to the gym tonight to work with my arthritis client, then hope to get an elliptical workout in and maybe biceps. I'm trying to ease back into things. Back down to 159 this morning. Yay!
  • Good morning ladies.

Well got my hubby to come with me to the tennis courts last night and got 2 matches in (about an hour of playing) Also did the "Dance like a fool for 15 minutes" challenge from the exercise forum - so I managed to get a workout in despite missing out on all the daylight. Found out I will be going out of town on Thursday night instead of Friday night and not returning until Monday morning for work. So I NEED to get my run in tonight and add some serious minutes of working out today and tomorrow since I may not have the chance this weekend. Today I begin counting calories...have any of you tried nutridiary.com? It is in my opinion mush better than fitday.

SUSAN - I am a photojournalist for a newspaper. My emphasis is sports although sometimes I do dabble in the other stuff...

As for my workout environment I have a yoga mat, a fitness ball, 10 7 and 3 lb dumbells and an aerobic step. I also have a two story home so I have stairs I can utilize if I need them.
  • Susan....haha...that is so funny that you have the same problem!!! I had mentioned it to several people over the years and they all gave me the "you're crazy" look so I stopped telling people about it. I feel NORMAL now!! hehe...
  • No, angel, we are EXCEPTIONAL! Exceptional people always have little quirks to make them even more interesting! <grin>

Stephie...will work on developing a circuit for you. It will be fun for me to try.

Susan
  • Morning all! Did 15 minutes of elliptical last night at the gym. Much better for me than the treadmill, as I hold on to the bars, so I don't worry about my vertigo so much. Was going to workout this am before work but ended up reading the rest of a mystery novel I started last night. Bad girl! I will have to workout tonight when I get home.

Hope you all have a great day.

Susan
  • Well ladies I am down a lb this weekly weigh in and since the last time I measured I have lost at least a quarter of an inch off my measurements. Last night did some running, stairs, stretching, cardio and had an excellent day with calorie counting. I so needed this good news prior to my business trip. It is the motivation I need to be strong while I am away. Just found out my 4 hour drive is actually 8 hours. I leave tonight and will be back Monday so be good while I am gone!

angel - I have one of those not so normal workout ticks...when I do cardio my lovehandles itch. Everyone thinks I am weird.

susan - thanks...I am a baby when it comes to strength training. I basically follow magazine routines when I can but other than that not to up and up with what I should be doing. I am very concerned with my butt/hip/thigh area.
    Gotta love the eliptical...though I find I don't push myself as hard on it anymore. I have been using the cross trainer lately to get my arms into the mix.
  • Hey there - can I join in here? I have 13 more pounds to go.

Stephie - I'm a photographer too - I work for a newspaper, but I don't write, so I can't add "journalist" to my title. Unlike you, I get tired of doing sports photos - baseball is the worst for me. I like the features stuff the best.
  • Hello ladies! I am back from vaction. Over all it was pretty fun. The kids were so ready for there own beds though and so was I. I am not really a big camper but I have to say that my moms trailer is really nice so you don't feel as is you are really roughing it. The weather was not so good though while we were there it rained everyday. We found things to do though so that was good. I think the kids had a great time so that is all that matters to me. I think for the rest of the week we are sticking close to home and I will be doing laundry for a week I bet. It sounds like all of you are doing great. I did not eat so great but we did get in exercise since we brought our bikes and we were in the pool everyday. I plan on getting back on track with the stady exercise and weights on Monday. It is just so hard when it is vaction time. I am glad to hear all is well with you Susan. That was quite a scare for you though I bet. Angel it sounds like you are doing great with your new found attitude. I am hoping to get with it when my husband goes back to work. Stephie I hope you have a good trip and keep up your good work. Looks like we have a new buddy joining us. Welcome Morgaine!!!!! Hope you find us useful. Well I am off to unload the truck and start the many loads of laundry. Hope you all have a great day!
  • Quote: Stephie - I'm a photographer too - I work for a newspaper, but I don't write, so I can't add "journalist" to my title. Unlike you, I get tired of doing sports photos - baseball is the worst for me. I like the features stuff the best.
    I hate features hehe...portraits are hard for me. I always feel like my concepts are just to complex and when you couple that with the fact that I have trouble taking my time it hardly ever turns out the way I would like. Why can't you add journalist to your title? Photo Essays are journalism as well as the fact that you are not in Portrait, Event, Wedding, Artistic photography you work for a paper I love sports because it is an observation photo. You don't direct the people just watch as the photo unfolds and be skilled enough to capture it.